cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing doll iris

Hello~ I have a Madame Alexander 18" composition Scarlett doll with blown Iris's ~ does anyone have information on how to replace the iris ( iris transplanting) or know of someone who specializes in this? 

Thank you for any help on this~ 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Replacing doll iris

Replacing doll iris

Thank you for the link but this shop does not repair composition dolls~
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Replacing doll iris

Is this a doll that you want to restore for sentimental reasons (like it's a doll that belonged to your mother) or is it one you want to fix for resale? I'm asking this because doll repair is labor-intensive and there can be a significant cost involved. Plus you would have to ship the doll to the "doll hospital" and pay the cost of having it returned to you. If you want to try it yourself, I can tell you how to do it. Perhaps you could practice on one first. Let me know here, and I can try to write out the procedure.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Replacing doll iris

Hi dainty Dorothy doll !

This is a doll that is not to resale but one that is truly remarkable to me and I just want her to have her once beautiful eyes back~ I would love to hear about your procedure ! Thank you so much for replying ~

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Replacing doll iris

Okay. You are going to need to replace the eyes. I'm assuming they're sleep eyes with lashes. You'll need to get replacement eyes. The instuctions for how to do this procedure can be found by doing  an internet search for "Atelier Mandaline Tutorial: How to Replace Sleep Eyes [in Modern Vinyl Dolls]." Don't be thrown off by the last bit in brackets--this is the way to do it for your doll as well. If this doesn't seem to be what you are looking for, let me know . Also, if the eyes have just become cloudy and off-color, you can try the old method of putting a few drops of sewing machine oil in each eye and then placing the doll face down for awhile to let the oil (maybe) work some magic.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Replacing doll iris

This link/tutorial works for dolls where the eyes are in separate "vinyl pockets" - basically she says to cut out the old eyes & replace.

Like the OP, I would love to know how to replace just the irises on a doll with weighted eyes, where the eyes are fine but the irises are blown.

So far no luck googling - would love to learn how, just for my own collectible dolls.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply