cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer leaves negative feedback tells that item is broken

Please help with an advice - buyer bought two vintage wind up toys. They were working before shipping. I have video of these toys working in YouTube. I packed them very well and sent them with courier.

Buyer received the items and is compaining that toys are broken. He left negative feedback and asks for a refund.

He is not sending any photos or videos, telling that he is "old school" and can not send video of the "broken toys".  

I think, that he might be lying about the broken toys.

Would you please give me an advice, as I am a not a very experienced seller on ebay.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Does not matter what the buyer says, or what you say. Buyers can say anything and there is no way to prove either way what is really going on. Some people may try to pull a partial refund scam on you with this tactic if they are not telling the truth. If the item really is broken if you have insurance on it file a claim. Even if they do  not provide pictures you can still submit a claim. Ebay does not force buyers to send pictures because they could damage items out of spite anyway.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Tell them. "Please return the items for a full refund". 'Thanks so much".  No more to be said or done. If the itemsreally are not broken they may just leave you alone.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Does not matter what the buyer says, or what you say. Buyers can say anything and there is no way to prove either way what is really going on. Some people may try to pull a partial refund scam on you with this tactic if they are not telling the truth. If the item really is broken if you have insurance on it file a claim. Even if they do  not provide pictures you can still submit a claim. Ebay does not force buyers to send pictures because they could damage items out of spite anyway.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you very much for your reply!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I see this all the time and have experienced this myself. They buy your working toy and return their broken one. I usually write back andtell them nicely that you mark your toys in an undiclosed area to identify it is the same item. 9 times out of 10 you will not hear from them again! If it is legit they will answer you back and you can workit out from there.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you ! This is a good idea!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just remember the shoe is also on the other foot and MANY sellers sell you a piece of **bleep** or do not make sure it is secure to ship and WHAM you recieve a pile of junk. I buy and sell model trains and recieve about 30 percent with interior broken up motors, gears and drive shafts. You cannot see that in a picture. Ebay is not going to help much because they want the public to see that this is a beautiful site where you can get what you want, you are happy and on cloud nine. All the while eBay and PayPal are reaping the benifits of our woes

Message 7 of 7
latest reply