cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanie babies and pricing ?! :)

Hello,

I recently started to sell some Ty beanies. I am noticing the difference between first  and second generation etc. 

What confuses me the most is some sell the beanie babies for a few hundred dollars or more and the same one could sell for like 8.00

Is it that people do not know the true value of the specific one or am I missing something ... 🙂

any feed back I woud  appreciate! 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

More than likely you are missing something, for example a minute errors can make something valuable, even though they look by all appearences to be the same.  But I don't know anything really about beanie babies, I just remember the craze, when I was growing up and mcdonalds was giving them away.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

More than likely you are missing something, for example a minute errors can make something valuable, even though they look by all appearences to be the same.  But I don't know anything really about beanie babies, I just remember the craze, when I was growing up and mcdonalds was giving them away.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

If they were mine they would go in storage with the other box of them we have., hoping my kids can sell them for good money 50 years from now.Smiley Indifferent

Good luck...

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Thank you so much!! yes I think I am missing something.

I will def do more research that makes more sence.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Thank you , Yes I agree! really good idea!  I have been seeing some pretty nice ones at the goodwill 🙂 If I would have only kept all of my toys...some I see are selling for 200.00 on here Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Beanie babies - I remember it well.  Getting to certain stores before they opened to grab an Erin or Princess Diane. (I have two daughters)

Google beanie babies.  A lot of information out there.  The least bit error can greatly increase the price.

Ex.  crab named pinchers.  Mistake - punchers.  Sold for thousands of dollars.

Some elephant has the wrong cloth color.  Some mouse had another quirk.

And my favorite - wise the owl.  Something about wise potato chips suing because of the name.  Prices soared.

All of this comes into play when pricing.

Many guidelines out there with info.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I really appreicate that! Thank you for those examples. 

I am pretty sure now that I am missing something. I recently saw a peace ty bear....I left it a the goodwill, now I regret it! I am going to do alot of research thank you. 

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Google 15 collectibles that are worthless. B Babies are #5 on the list.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

http://lovemybeanies.com/1st-generation-beanie-babies-checklist/

Here is a beanie baby price guide.  It should help a bit to know what is valuable.

As far as the peace beanie, that one is common.  But a similar looking one called Garcia commanded a high price.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Thank you! 🙂

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Thank you so much will check this out now, yes I saw a peace beanie sell for alot of money, not sure why. 

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

But to add:  the poster above me is correct.  Beanie babies have come and gone.  Only the die hard collectors want them.  The rest you cannot give away.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Thank you

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

My wife has a Beanie Baby price guide book from 1998.

It gives "projected" values for the year 2008.... lol

I did like the monkey wearing a Bee suit, but she gave it to a kid with cancer.

I will sell you the book, and a big tub of Beanies, just to get them out of the house.

I will throw in a "pet rock" at no extra charge.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

robin wrote: "If I would have only kept all of my toys...some I see are selling for 200.00 on here "

LOL! I had very few toys, and what I had got passed down and used to death. Even when I tried to keep a few, my mom, an obsessive thrower-outer, would "disappear" them.

I managed to salvage a bag of marbles, one puzzle, and a handful of books (most of which I bought myself when I was 12).

One of the first things I did when I joined eBay was to hunt down a box of Tinker Toys that matched the one we had as kids—the same age and style of box/cylinder. I don't think they were new when they were given to us. I suspect they were used hand-me-downs from another family, but it was my favorite toy. I put my eBay Tinker Toys where NO ONE can get their grubby paws on them and "disappear" them again.

I can really relate to that old eBay commercial about finding a long lost toy.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply