cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1955 Topps Baseball Card Dick Groat Misprint Back

I was going through some of my old cards to try and figure out what to sell, what to have graded, ect.. I don't even remember having this, and I doubt its worth a fortune, but does anyone have any idea as to value? As you can see in the pictures, the green sections on the back were printed off.. I'm assuming that the pair of them together would demand a bit of a premium, but I doubt it is worth paying to have PSA grade them. They are both pretty nice, I would guess they would both grade around a 5..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Condition is everything when it comes to baseball cards.

Yours is rated a 5, which would be considered in good condition.  Most of the cards listed on ebay range in price from $1-$100+. Again, condition is what determines a cards value. Take the card to a dealer in your area if there any nearby. Good luck.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

good luck getting 5.00 dollars for them, baseball cards with all sports card are done, take them with you on your next camping trip so you can start the fire with them, that is what there worth any more. Did you know that dr. Becket went to jail for price fixing sports cards. Becket sport cards books, price guildes. Your wasting your money. Find a better hobby to invest in.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Wow Scottrick. Great response. Not what I was asking at all.  As a matter of fact, I just sold a couple sets for decent money. Why don't you go ahead and check out the ebay sold listing for sports cards. You will see that it is not dead. Sure, it isn't what it was, but not dead. My question was whether anyone had any experiance with this particular type of misprint in cards from the 1955 topps set. I can see you do not. I have to assume that you put a lot of money into the hobby in 1990 and are now upset that those cards didn't hold their value. There are a few reasons for this. The main one being that they made tons and tons of cards in that era, and everyone held on to them, hoping that rookies such as Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds would be worth a fortune in 30 years. We all know what happend. On the other hand, cards from the 60s and earlier, do still have value.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the helpful response. I actually have a couple things to take into the local sports card and memorabilia shop. I might take these in just to see if there is much of a market for misprints in that year. My guess is a collector of misprint cards might pay $15-20 for the pair.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply