cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay File Exchange Category Code Finder Spreadsheet

draex@ebay.com
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi File Exchange Users,

Recently, eBay has changed the page to obtain the Category number required for use in the File Exchange program.  CGM lab has created the following page where you can access the Category Number via a spreadsheet file:

http://www.cgmlab.com/ebay-category-tree-download/

Please note that category changes happen frequently on the site, so please check here if you receive an error using the Category Id.

This file contains various eBay sites and they can be accessed via the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Draex

eBay File Exchange Support

***IMPORTANT***: Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Thanks! This has been needed for some time. Adding the link to the Shortcuts menu lets me always have a CURRENT list at hand whenever I need one. I have used this a couple of times and give it a thumbs up!

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Very useful - but the Excel spreadsheet I downloaded today (15 April) from the link http://www.cgmlab.com/ebay-category-tree-download/ has one important US section missing - eBay Motors categories !

Mike.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Hi Mike,

For Motors category IDs, look on FE Instructions and Resources page:  http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/fileexchange_instructions.html 

Hope that helps,

WriteMD

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

HI,

when I try to download the file through the specified URL is won't load. Can you please put the file here or e-mail it to me?

Kind regards,

Carola

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Hi @xd-design,

Try this link -

http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/pdf/us/file_exchange/CategoryIDs-Motors.csv

Click on Save file in the download box.

Note: eBay changes cats from time to time. Keep this link handy. Hopefully, it will not become another broken link.

Hope this helps.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

does not work
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

eBay is aware of the issue. This spreadsheet was hosted on a non eBay server, and evidently is no longer being maintained. Here is the text of eBay's reply to me when I pointed out that the page was mia...

Dear ,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your questions about he category id list and the new advanced listing tool.

1) We have noticed that the link from cgmlabs may not be working either.  At the time, it was the best place we could find for eBay categories even though it was not an eBay page.  eBay has added a "Category ID" spreadsheet to the File Exchange Center > Instructions and Resources page, however that spreadsheet is already outdated.  Category changes are always posted in the Seller Information Center after one of the major Seller Updates each year, but I see you list in a large variety of categories.  The best way to obtain accurate category numbers is to check the link below for any changes to categories you do use, and also use the eBay Sell page to go through the category tree to obtain the number.  This is definitely not ideal I know, but I've asked our analysts to light a fire under our developers to ask them to update that Category ID spreadsheet at File Exchange Center.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

This link (http://www.cgmlab.com/ebay-category-tree-download/)no longer works! Any other place where we can download the complete list?

Chandra

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Any information eBay?

Do you not provide such a list of categories and ID available through download?

Do we have to create our own tool to get the current categories via API?
Seems like we may have too. 

Anyone else in AU needing this? Perhaps we can split the development cost...

Another reason eBay won't be around in 10 years, it will just be Amazon...

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@roadentertainment

Your link above returns the following error - The requested URL /aw/pics/pdf/us/file_exchange/CategoryID-us.csv was not found on this server.

Where did you paste this link from?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

This link is no longer valid. Is there a new link to get this spreadsheet?

Thanks

Message 15 of 19
latest reply