cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arranging pics after a bid has been placed

Listed a motorcycle for sale, but accidentally had a picture of just the rear tailight as the gallery pic.  I have the correct pic already uploaded in the same sale as 1 of my 15 pics or so, and tried to just re-arrange the pics so that it would be the proper gallery pic.  Not adding any new pics, just trying to re-arrange it so that the gallery pic is the proper pic.  Ebay won't allow me to do this, stating that it already has bids.   The bids were placed with the same pictures that I have listed, so how does it change anything if I just re-ararnge it so that the gallery picture shows the whole bike instead of just a tail light? They agree that it doesn't make sense, but "that's just how it is".  Anyone else had any luck making this change?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@yamahappy69

Unfortunately, that is the way it has always been. After a bid, photos can be added, but nothing can be rearranged or deleted. Unfortunately, the programs are not smart enough to detect that photos are simply being rearranged. It's been this way for a decade.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

To me, the time it has been a rule doesn't matter at all.   I don't think people should be able to add OR  subtract pirctures once a bed has been placed.  But re-arranging the current pictures should be permitted, as there is no way to try to mislead anyone.  In this case, the gallery picture was wrong, and we just wanted to use one of the current pictures as the gallery picture.  It cost me another $35 to cancel the ad and re-list it using the EXACT SAME PICTURES.  Maybe someone there with a little common sense could find someone that is willing to fix this.  Just telling me that this is how it has been for a decade doesn't mean it is right.   Wade

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@yamahappy69 wrote:

... Anyone else had any luck making this change?

No. eBay makes the rules, all we (or customer service) can do is explain the rules.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply