cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TURBO LISTER

What a waste.....No longer supporting Turbo Lister as of JUne 2017.  What happens now?  Do I have to remain online and use a  "genius" geek program.  Why not leave things as they are?  Or why not let us non geeks continue to use Turbo Lister as is?  Can't tell you how many sites I not longer visit because of the dumb a** changes that were made.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

TURBO LISTER

Agreed!

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing wrote:

What a waste.....No longer supporting Turbo Lister as of JUne 2017.  What happens now?  Do I have to remain online and use a  "genius" geek program.  Why not leave things as they are?  Or why not let us non geeks continue to use Turbo Lister as is?  Can't tell you how many sites I not longer visit because of the dumb a** changes that were made.

@crazyfordancing

@kpettree0ec3

From what I have seen there are 2 3rd party applications that will allow you to work offline like T/L currently does.  Both have a monthly fee attached with their use, but both are able to upload your T/L files to start working on them.  The two programs I have looked into are

1 - Six Bit

2 - WonderLister

Both have different levels of usage so you will need to look at what your needs are and then determine from there which is best for your purposes.  WonderLister has a believe a 5 day free trial and SixBit has a 30 day free trial.  If you are not sure which size monthly purchase you need I would do the free application with the larger of what you think you might need as changing to the lower level is easy as all you lose is the ability to use some of the programs features if you decide to downgrade your needs.

Good luck with whatever choices you decide on using.  Ebay has said they will have something in place  that is the "equivilant" of T/L that is part of Sellers Hub before they take T/L down, but personally, since they still are having issues with Sellers Hub and its current listing program, I am not sure how much confidence I would have in what they call "equivalent" and what most sellers would consider "equivalent".

David

Twnpopcards

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@twnpopcards wrote:

@crazyfordancing wrote:

@crazyfordancing

@kpettree0ec3

From what I have seen there are 2 3rd party applications that will allow you to work offline like T/L currently does.  Both have a monthly fee attached with their use, but both are able to upload your T/L files to start working on them.  The two programs I have looked into are

1 - Six Bit

2 - WonderLister

Both have different levels of usage so you will need to look at what your needs are and then determine from there which is best for your purposes.  WonderLister has a believe a 5 day free trial and SixBit has a 30 day free trial.  If you are not sure which size monthly purchase you need I would do the free application with the larger of what you think you might need as changing to the lower level is easy as all you lose is the ability to use some of the programs features if you decide to downgrade your needs.

Good luck with whatever choices you decide on using.  Ebay has said they will have something in place  that is the "equivilant" of T/L that is part of Sellers Hub before they take T/L down, but personally, since they still are having issues with Sellers Hub and its current listing program, I am not sure how much confidence I would have in what they call "equivalent" and what most sellers would consider "equivalent".

David

Twnpopcards

Wonder Lister had 5 day trial for their $5 and $10 entry level plans before Christmas. Their other plans all had 15 day trial. I emailed them some questions before Christmas and mesntioned it was so silly to have a 5 day trial to test Wonder Lister. They changed it to  15 days like the other options. I still think 15 days is a short time for any product but at least they responded to my complaint.

I was planning to test out Wonder Lister but never got around to it. Not much interest in selling on eBay anymore. Too many changes in past 8+ years making it harder to sell. Turbo Lister retirement is another change. eBay is so much work keeping up with so many constant changes. 

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@twnpopcards wrote:

@crazyfordancing wrote:

@crazyfordancing

@kpettree0ec3

1 - Six Bit

2 - WonderLister

David

Twnpopcards

Wonder Lister had 5 day trial for their $5 and $10 entry level plans before Christmas. Their other plans all had 15 day trial. I emailed them some questions before Christmas and mesntioned it was so silly to have a 5 day trial to test Wonder Lister. They changed it to  15 days like the other options. I still think 15 days is a short time for any product but at least they responded to my complaint.

I was planning to test out Wonder Lister but never got around to it. Not much interest in selling on eBay anymore. Too many changes in past 8+ years making it harder to sell. Turbo Lister retirement is another change. eBay is so much work keeping up with so many constant changes. 

I understand what you are saying completely.  If I did not have such an easy product to source and deal with, as well as needing something to keep me occupied I would have left ages ago as you are correct about the constant changes making things more and more difficult.  Ebay is so concerned about making sure that nothing is done off of Ebay that they make it harder and harder for buyers and sellers to communicate.  

What I find hilarious is Ebay then signs these big box and megasellers who already have their own websites and when they sell to an Ebay buyer, included in the shipments is a discount coupon for 20-30% off their next purchase if they use the companies website instead of Ebay.  So Ebay is basically paying these Mega Sellers and Listers (millions of free listings each month) to take their buyers away from them, while making it harder and harder for the buyers to buy from other sellers on Ebay.  They would just as soon have the buyer click on the advertisement in the middle of the listing which takes the buyer to another site to buy an item as they get money from that click through and sale also.  Absolutely crazy to watch Ebay self destruct and then wonder why their ecommerce sales continue to lag behind all the other ecommerce sites.

In 30 years of upper management experience, I have NEVER seen a company who changes the rules for sellers EVERY 6 months.  The changes are never minor but huge changes that the sellers have to adapt to if they want to remain a valid search option.

So I do understand your comments, and the elimination of Turbo Lister is going to be another one of those changes that will hurt their business, but Ebay will not have a clue why, when it happens.:(

David

Twnpopcards

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

Thanks for the information.  However, I do not have a "shop" on eBay.  Paying a fee to use a service really cuts down on any money I would make.  Most of my listings sell for minimal dollars.  The PayPal fees, final value fees and final value shiping fees really cut into any profit.  So imagine I have an item selling for $3.00 and shipping and handling are $5.75, fvf is $.30, fvs is $.58 so that leaves me with $2.12.  PayPal fees????  I am left with approximately $1.87.  I have stopped listing for quite a while due to this fact.  Oh, I almost forgot the Listing Fee for items listed over the 50 free listing per month.  eBay makes money while I lose ..........

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing wrote:

Thanks for the information.  However, I do not have a "shop" on eBay.  Paying a fee to use a service really cuts down on any money I would make.  Most of my listings sell for minimal dollars.  The PayPal fees, final value fees and final value shiping fees really cut into any profit.  So imagine I have an item selling for $3.00 and shipping and handling are $5.75, fvf is $.30, fvs is $.58 so that leaves me with $2.12.  PayPal fees????  I am left with approximately $1.87.  I have stopped listing for quite a while due to this fact.  Oh, I almost forgot the Listing Fee for items listed over the 50 free listing per month.  eBay makes money while I lose ..........

@crazyfordancing

I will address your comments about Turbo Lister and not having a store below, but you mentioned paying $.30 per transaction with Paypal.  You really should change your account over to a MicroPayments account if the majority of your sales are under $12 total (including shipping).  That is the approximate breakeven point for a sale with a regular Paypal account vs a Micropayments account being the same cost.  

With a Micropayments account you will only pay $.05 per transaction instead of $.30 but you will pay 5% discount rate instead of 2.96%.  If you have a lot of smaller amounts it is worth it to have the MicroPayments account in place.  If you have a large number of both you can open a second Paypal account for those smaller payments while leaving this account the same.  It sounds like it would be beneficial for you to make the change, so you might want to call Paypal and ask to have your account changed to a MicroPayments account.  There is no extra charge that I am aware of nor a conversion charge.  I hope this helps save a bit here and there for you.

I do understand completely and I am definitely not in favor of eliminating Turbo Lister as I have used it since it first came out as Mister Lister many ions ago.  But I refuse to use that new monstrosity of a listing tool that Ebay keeps trying to pass off as an improvement with its glitches of accidentally automatically checking the Gallery Plus box which adds $1 fee to your account per listing, or the unannounced glitch where the program was putting other sellers paypal account information in sellers payment information so sellers were being told to ship items that they were never paid for.  Not sure how that ever played out as Ebay took the listing tool down for about 2 weeks without ever saying why nor acknowledging the problem.  So I have not confidence at all in this replacement for Turbo Lister they are going to spring on us which is why i have had to look at other options.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

I understand what you are saying completely.  If I did not have such an easy product to source and deal with, as well as needing something to keep me occupied I would have left ages ago as you are correct about the constant changes making things more and more difficult.  Ebay is so concerned about making sure that nothing is done off of Ebay that they make it harder and harder for buyers and sellers to communicate.  

What I find hilarious is Ebay then signs these big box and megasellers who already have their own websites and when they sell to an Ebay buyer, included in the shipments is a discount coupon for 20-30% off their next purchase if they use the companies website instead of Ebay.  So Ebay is basically paying these Mega Sellers and Listers (millions of free listings each month) to take their buyers away from them, while making it harder and harder for the buyers to buy from other sellers on Ebay.  They would just as soon have the buyer click on the advertisement in the middle of the listing which takes the buyer to another site to buy an item as they get money from that click through and sale also.  Absolutely crazy to watch Ebay self destruct and then wonder why their ecommerce sales continue to lag behind all the other ecommerce sites.

In 30 years of upper management experience, I have NEVER seen a company who changes the rules for sellers EVERY 6 months.  The changes are never minor but huge changes that the sellers have to adapt to if they want to remain a valid search option.

So I do understand your comments, and the elimination of Turbo Lister is going to be another one of those changes that will hurt their business, but Ebay will not have a clue why, when it happens.:(

David

Twnpopcards

Thank you for the leads and for your professional perspective.

I am clueless, as well, though I most certainly do appreciate your input!

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

My computer used for T/L kind of crashed and the geek working on it said he would only be able to save my data.  Which means all my programs will need to be re-insalled.  I cannot find a site or someone that has T/L on disc or can put it on disc or flash drive and send it to me.  I would pay for shipping of course.  I searched the internet for a download with no success.  Any suggestions?

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing wrote:

My computer used for T/L kind of crashed and the geek working on it said he would only be able to save my data.  Which means all my programs will need to be re-insalled.  I cannot find a site or someone that has T/L on disc or can put it on disc or flash drive and send it to me.  I would pay for shipping of course.  I searched the internet for a download with no success.  Any suggestions?

Here is where you can get a download if this still works. Be sure to choose your correct country.

http://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister2/TurboListerInstall.htm

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing

Remember to set your internet options to use TLS 1.2 and run the setupUS.exe program as Administrator.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

t

Thanks for the info but eBay would not allow the download  I need someone to make a copy of the program and forward it to me.  I've searched high and low and cannot find a solution.   Many thanks   Louise

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing

I just used the link Readabouthorses posted and it worked correctly.

If it continues to not function for you, send an email to turbodata@ebay.com (the Advanced Apps team) from your registered email account. Include your userid and a description of the issue.

They will reply to your MyMessages.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing wrote:

t

Thanks for the info but eBay would not allow the download  I need someone to make a copy of the program and forward it to me.  I've searched high and low and cannot find a solution.   Many thanks   Louise

@crazyfordancing

I also just checked the link and had no problem downloading the program and installing it (used a different computer than this one just in case).  If you do not get a response from the email here is a way to contact Turbo Lister Dept during normal business hours.  They are located in Utah and i believe are on Mountain Time.

Here is how to contact the Turbo lister Dept through the Help and Contact link at the top almost middle of the page,  click on Help and Contact and then follow these steps:

1 - click on selling

2 - then click on listing items

3 - click on listing tools for high volume buyers

4 - scroll to the bottom and click on contact us.  Its the middle of the night now so all that shows is the discussion boards, but during normal business hours (7 am to 5 pm Mountain Time I believe) there was also an option to call them and you were given the phone number and passcode.  If that is still available they can easily walk you through the fix as they did so for me not to long ago.  

I hope this helps and I copied this from a post i did a week ago and the person was able to contact the staff, so my comments about may no longer be available are evidently not valid.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

TURBO LISTER

@crazyfordancing $1.87 profit on a $3.00 item is very very good. u should smile on that one.

if u are selling new items (u dont have any items listed on this id, so no one can see), then taking out your part cost, a 20-35% net profit is good.)

ecom is like this. no one makes what a retail store makes for margin. but we do it in volume and make more than a B&M overall at the end of the day. 

i do also have a B&M, but online sales kill my B&M sales almost every day

Message 15 of 38
latest reply