eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Search only Completed Listings THAT SOLD!!!

There has to be a way to do this!  I must be stupid for not being able to figure it out.

As a seller, I want to search for items that have Completed and SOLD!  Seeing 85% of the items unsold in the Completed Listings is USELESS!

I need to be able to see what things are selling for not what they are not selling for.  How do I filter Completed Listings to only get SOLD items?   I don't want to scroll and scroll through a bunch of unsold completed items. 

PLEASE HELP ME !   (sorry about the caps, just frusterated)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Search only Completed Listings THAT SOLD!!!

in reply to crystalpogo2009

I still do not understand why Ebay does not have this implemented. Maybe the paid data providers share some significant revenue with Ebay so it doesn't make sense for them to enable the option.

I do know however that it IS possible to do this with the Ebay mobile app (at least on Android). So the functionality is already there, but is delibirately not enabled when searching on the website.

Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

Exactly.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I just asked this question, but what gave me the idea was if you GOOGLE what you are selling alot of time I get a EBAY hit and it has sold already, so I know the info is out there just not on EBAY!

Please use plain text.
fashionmodestudio
Community Member

The Completed feature Shows all ended items, Sold and Unsold. Using that feature helps you research what has sold, and what hasnt. I think its just as important to find out whats NOT selling as it is to what IS selling. Of course Ebay could narrow it down to just what SELLS, but that wouldnt give very accurate data to sold to not sold ratio on Ebay.  Think about it, just viewing whats sold, and you see 2 of an Item that sold, and think, HEY, I got a gaurenteed sale, not realizing that there were 50 more listed that DIDNT sell!  You need the WHOLE story, not just Half.

Please use plain text.
fashionmodestudio
Community Member

The Completed feature Shows all ended items, Sold and Unsold. Using that feature helps you research what has sold, and what hasnt. I think its just as important to find out whats NOT selling as it is to what IS selling. Of course Ebay could narrow it down to just what SELLS, but that wouldnt give very accurate data to sold to not sold ratio on Ebay.  Think about it, just viewing whats sold, and you see 2 of an Item that sold, and think, HEY, I got a gaurenteed sale, not realizing that there were 50 more listed that DIDNT sell!  You need the WHOLE story, not just Half.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Would be nice if "we" are the one in control of what kind of search results we wanna see. That's the whole point of doing a search-- to find exactly what you're looking for-- isn't it?

If I were able to narrow it down to only "sold" items, AND I made the choice to search for "sold" items only, then it would be my own foolishness to believe I'm gonna sell everything.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

You should be able to search both ways.  It is a big waste of time scrolling through all the unsold.

Please use plain text.
momofone-nh
Community Member

You should be able to search both ways.  It is a big waste of time scrolling through all the unsold.

I couldn't agree more

Please use plain text.
Community Member

+1 to the Android app

(Maybe not that useful for big-time sellers or those w/o android, but nice nonetheless for those that have it available.)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

iPhone app will let you see only SOLD as well.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

How do you do that?  When I search on my iPhone using the Ebay app I get the option of choosing "completed auctions" but they include unsold items as well.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Community Member

For over a year, until a month or two back, eBay had a hole in their system that allowed this type of search.

To get it, one could do a search for current items, and include the Number of Bids filter for 1 and more bids.

Of course, one cannot click through from that to completed listings.  It's grayed out.

But one can right-click on that link, and go to completed listings with the Number of Bids filter still in place.

In the olden days, one would get a warning on the resulting page that the Number of Bids filter could not be applied to completed listings.

Then, 1-2 years back, I noticed they had botched that, and were allowing regler users like me search for completed items with the bid filter, allowing us to see only items that had sold.  It was wonderful.

Well, somebody noticed the hole in the code, and patched it.  Now...

We can't limit completed listings by number of bids. The search results for all completed listings a...

A useful and much desired feature was removed.

Control was taken away from users.

Gotta love eBay.

I wouldn't give up.  Somebody somewhere has likely built a script plug-in that makes this work.  (I haven't found it yet, though.)

Best Match is The Devil!

The DEVIL !!!
Please use plain text.
automatedsearches
Community Member

on the completed listings research page at automatedsearches.com there's a zero bids filter and you can hide unsold listings.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

There's also www.worthmonkey.com.  Super quick lookup of market place values and no fee to use.

Full disclosure:  I am the creator of WorthMonkey and we've been open for over 2 years now.  Any feedback is welcome.

WorthMonkey - Find out what's worth
No fees, no subscriptions, just data.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Am I missing something here?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/search/questions/search-completed-listings.html#search

This is a pretty common question and a pretty common task.

Maybe I'm missing the point...

Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

Hi sapphiresolutionsltd

The purpose of this thread was to voice a complaint that it is not possible to do a completed item search for only listings that sold.

Completed items search brings back all listings, whether they sold or not.  It's difficult to come up with an average sold price when a large percentage of the results are for items that did not sell.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

You can hack a query together by filtering only active items with 1 to 9999 bids THEN click on completed.  It's annoying and hard to use.  That's the eBay way!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

It would seem it's worth noting that "The eBay way" also resulted in very early adoption of the mobile app movement creating such things as the Android app that makes searching completed AND sold items quite easy.  Along with much of the other selling features one might need.  ;-)

I recommend trying it out the mobile app (sooner rather than later).

Please use plain text.
Community Member

yeah there's a way to do it that I figured out.

You go to the completeds list for the item you're after

then add this to the URL in the URL bar at the top, after the rest of your junk up there:

&_LH_NOB=1..

you must put the two periods at the end just like you see it here. Then hit enter, and it will give you exactly what you want. (It shows items with 1 or more bids (none with 0 bids), realize, so if there was a reserve it will still show it if it did get a bid but didn't sell, so understand that aspect).

Why ebay hid the function is a mystery.

For example, completeds page for something, the URL is:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=%22donkey%20kong%22&_fromfsb=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

ok, now add "&_LH_NOB=1.." (not the quotes though!):

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=%22donkey%20kong%22&_fromfsb=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_LH_NOB=1..

should work. If not, then you're looking at an old post and ebay's stopped this from working, but as of may 2012, this works.

Please use plain text.