eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

How can I disable ebay mobile on my cell phone?

I like using the classic version!
Thanks!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: How can I disable ebay mobile on my cell phone?

in reply to lisag6237
I also want the answer to this. Up until just recently it wasn't automatically going to ebay mobile now it does its sooooo non functional. I have an android with key board. I like full functionality.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
Ebay mobile sucks. I have been using skweezer.net as my mobile browser for about six years, it's free and worked awesome until ebay implemented their ebay mobile as default and now everything sucks about browsing ebay on the road. Hey ebay, take a hint!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
Hello everyone! I have found an indirect solution to the irritating fact that when you start out in ebay classic from your mobile phone and you click on an item to view it it takes you to ebay mobile and it completely denies you all those awesome resources like contacting the seller. I have tried to contact ebay about this (with no response) and I have tried many different discussion boards without a solution. Anyway, here's my solution for anyone using a Blackberry (I'm sure this can be adapted for any mobile phone): 1. Start in ebay classic; 2. You must have an item to select (either something you're watching, bidding on, or won); 3. Highlight (but don't select) the item you want to view (in classic); 4. Press the Blackberry menu key (next to the green call button); 5. Scroll down until you get "link address" & select it; 6. A box will pop up that shows a yellow box that says "ok" (do not select ok) scroll down until it says "copy address" and select "copy address"; 7. Next, close out of ebay and go to your "memo pad" and open a new memo; 8. Press the Blackberry menu key and select "paste"; 9. You should get something that looks like this (I've deleted any parts of this link that may be specific to my account, but left the most important parts): http://cgi.ebay.com/ViewItem&item=130364781472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT ; 10. Now, all you have to do is change the "cgi" (which is directly after the http://) to "my", so now it would look something like this: http://my.ebay.com/ViewItem&item=130364781472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT ; 11. Press the Blackberry menu key and select "Get Link" and it will take you directly to the old "Classic" site for that item. I know this may sound complex, but it really isn't, I just tried to be extra descriptive. The other cool thing about this is you can gather up all the item numbers you want to see and just replace them in that link that we talked about above & it will go directly to the item - it's pretty cool and useful actually. I hope that I've been some help to everyone out there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
I was just curious - was the information that I provided earlier useful?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
HOPEFULLY THIS TIME WHEN I SEND THIS IT WON'T SAY LINK WHEN THE IMPORTANT STUFF IS NEEDED - I ALTERED IT SOME!
Hello everyone! I have found an indirect solution to the irritating fact that when you start out in ebay classic from your mobile phone and you click on an item to view it it takes you to ebay mobile and it completely denies you all those awesome resources like contacting the seller. I have tried to contact ebay about this (with no response) and I have tried many different discussion boards without a solution. Anyway, here's my solution for anyone using a Blackberry (I'm sure this can be adapted for any mobile phone): 1. Start in ebay classic; 2. You must have an item to select (either something you're watching, bidding on, or won); 3. Highlight (but don't select) the item you want to view (in classic); 4. Press the Blackberry menu key (next to the green call button); 5. Scroll down until you get "link address" & select it; 6. A box will pop up that shows a yellow box that says "ok" (do not select ok) scroll down until it says "copy address" and select "copy address"; 7. Next, close out of ebay and go to your "memo pad" and open a new memo; 8. Press the Blackberry menu key and select "paste"; 9. You should get something that looks like this (I've deleted any parts of this link that may be specific to my account, but left the most important parts): "h ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ViewItem&item=130364781472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" ; 10. Now, all you have to do is change the "cgi" (which is directly after the h ttp://) to "my", so now it would look something like this: "h ttp://my.ebay.com/ViewItem&item=130364781472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" ; 11. Press the Blackberry menu key and select "Get Link" and it will take you directly to the old "Classic" site for that item. I know this may sound complex, but it really isn't, I just tried to be extra descriptive. The other cool thing about this is you can gather up all the item numbers you want to see and just replace them in that link that we talked about above & it will go directly to the item - it's pretty cool and useful actually. I hope that I've been some help to everyone out there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
HOPEFULLY THIS TIME WHEN I SEND THIS IT WON'T SAY LINK WHEN THE IMPORTANT STUFF IS NEEDED - I ALTERED IT SOME!
Hello everyone! I have found an indirect solution to the irritating fact that when you start out in ebay classic from your mobile phone and you click on an item to view it it takes you to ebay mobile and it completely denies you all those awesome resources like contacting the seller. I have tried to contact ebay about this (with no response) and I have tried many different discussion boards without a solution. Anyway, here's my solution for anyone using a Blackberry (I'm sure this can be adapted for any mobile phone): 1. Start in ebay classic; 2. You must have an item to select (either something you're watching, bidding on, or won); 3. Highlight (but don't select) the item you want to view (in classic); 4. Press the Blackberry menu key (next to the green call button); 5. Scroll down until you get "link address" & select it; 6. A box will pop up that shows a yellow box that says "ok" (do not select ok) scroll down until it says "copy address" and select "copy address"; 7. Next, close out of ebay and go to your "memo pad" and open a new memo; 8. Press the Blackberry menu key and select "paste"; 9. You should get something that looks like this (I've deleted any parts of this link that may be specific to my account, but left the most important parts): "h ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ViewItem&item=130364781472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" ; 10. Now, all you have to do is change the "cgi" (which is directly after the h ttp://) to "my", so now it would look something like this: "h ttp://my.ebay.com/ViewItem&item=130364781472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" ; 11. Press the Blackberry menu key and select "Get Link" and it will take you directly to the old "Classic" site for that item. I know this may sound complex, but it really isn't, I just tried to be extra descriptive. The other cool thing about this is you can gather up all the item numbers you want to see and just replace them in that link that we talked about above & it will go directly to the item - it's pretty cool and useful actually. I hope that I've been some help to everyone out there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
I'm curious - how does this message board work? I've seemed to overdone it with the replies - am I posting to everyone who's replying or to specific people? How do I know if my message has been posted - is there a refresh button or a special link that I can go to? I really don't want to keep being the irritating moron and if anyone has noticed my many duplicate postings & wants to help me out - I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
Ok here's the answer to disable eBay mobile(ebay mobile sucks and i know alotnif people hate it )on a cell phone

1- go to eBay ( it's gonna go to eBay mobile right away )

2- scroll to the bottom of the page

3- click where it says "eBay.com"
Note: it worked on my iPhone so hope this helps to ne one on
different brands or android phones pass it on.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
Thanks guy I was ready to crunch my phone!!
Please use plain text.
sladerecords
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
this doesnt work. sure it takes you to the pc site but once you do anything on that page it takes you only to mobile. ebay has destroyed my collecting , on the phone of sealed classical records (esp.) because their searches wont refine by genre! we are talking over 50,000 sealed records on ebay and a couple thousand are classical. i could keep track of new listings all daylong if i chose to. help if you can
Please use plain text.
sladerecords
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
wait i stand corrected! this does work! (i am replying to dtor7107) but, you must make the classic pc site an icon before doing any searches from it. then you search, etc. and say make that particular page (in my case "My Ebay" page and "sealed" -classical records- newly listed) an icon(s), and your good ! no more mobile ebay!
Please use plain text.
sladerecords
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
see my reply under no more pc on iphone this only worked temp on my 3g
Please use plain text.
sladerecords
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
well i tried the same procedure again and also renamed them e.g., Myebay summary- test, sealed classical- test, and so far so good. will post again either way bad or good.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
Sometimes I think the people that run ebay have stuff for brains. Ebay mobile sucks. I'm a seller and I want to monitor my sales summary. Ebay mobile doesn't do this. Thanks for the tip about the ebay.com link at the bottom. It works on my IPhone. They redirected all of my other links- I'll try making one from here. They are stupid stupid stupid. They must have gone to business school and learned everything there was to learn and be about 26 years old.
Please use plain text.
sladerecords
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
guess what people as far as this 3g phone user goes this also failed! no matter what i have done the mobile comes back! it is disgusting. does anyone know an avenue to ebay that would get results that would matter?
Please use plain text.
mrorange.vrc
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
still working on my 3GS, so far
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
I don't know but I like the classic version also. So some one please tell us how to get the classic version back!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lisag6237
when I go to ebay.com and sign in it goes back to ebaymoble. I hate this. I am like you I like to to how many looking and the money amount on the left.
I don't know why people have to mess something up that is already working?
Please use plain text.