eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Ebay App for Android not working

I downloaded the update earlier today I read that it had a bug for the views and watchers of items but after I downloaded the update I havent been able to log into  my account its been about 3 hours now and still havent been able to log in I have uninstalled and reinstalled I tried having my dad log into his account and it wouldnt do that either so it has to be the app anyone else having this problem

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Ebay App for Android not working

in reply to admackbar
I am having problems with the app. I am able to log in but when I try to look at something it goes nowhere.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

same here everyone. Big bug in the new update.

I wish someone would at least recognize this

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

Same here ~ DoridX user ... No Network Found.

Did let me search for awhile, now can't search nor log in:

No Network Found!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

I just update the spftware on my HTC Incrediable to 4.08 from 4.06 and now the My Ebay page from the app is saying No Network Found. How can we get in contact with a deveolper about this?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

Am experiencing problems logging in on a jelly bean device and a ice cream sandwich device - both say login and password information is incorrect - even though I can log in on a computer just fine.

Don't know what to do as this has never happened before.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

Was this ever fixed?  We have a Sony Experia Play, and we've not been able to use the app for several months now.  I can access everything with Pocket Auctions, but it's not as user-friendly.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

June 12th., 2013 Android update not working like before.

in reply to admackbar

My Android smartphone just automatically did a Ebay update.

Now I no longer see where you can just browse categories as before.

It only asks you to sign in or register???

Do you have to now sign in to get to the "browse categories" screen?

If this is true then this is really bad because if you do sign in and then your 3 year old kid grabs your phone you could be bidding on unintentional items.

Please use plain text.
dvrkid2012
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

same here  hope it gets fixed quickly

Rima

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dvrkid2012/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and the eBay app has never worked properly for me. I can browse items, but when I try to log in, it says "No Network Found." I've tried uninstall/reinstall, and no luck. I just updated to the latest version, still nothing. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

I just downloaded the app to use on a Galaxy s4. Says username and/or password are incorrect. Credentials work on website. What gives ebay?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

I am unable to increase my bid from my eBay mobile app on my Galaxy S4. 

I get an alert that says "return to eBay.com and sign into your account.  After we have verified your account, you will be able to complete your purchase on eBay."

Well, I've tried signing out and signing back in, that didn't work.

I unistalled and re-installed the mobile app, that didn't work.

Anyone else have this problem?

Please use plain text.
callow1
Community Member

in reply to loumann62

Im having problems  getting the app to work on the Android too. Apparently there has been a bug in the system for a few years and nothing has been done about it.  WTF?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to callow1

You cant revise your selling with taking new picture changing prices through chrome I only had luck through firefox with my cell phone but it works hell of slow and its hell of blurry for a while but I did find that solution but its not much of a solution. I have and lg motion. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it back up and running correctly?I Also had problems were my typing would not let me back space with out writing the same word twice with my swipe typing on the phone That's when I noticed ebay wasnt working correctly with my lg motion Any help I would appreciate Thank You

Please use plain text.
scott122620
Community Member

in reply to oneormore.sales

My boyfriend has a sansung galaxie s phone he was having the same trouble. Here is how we fixed it. after unistalling several times and doing all kinds of stuff. We called *22890 it updates your phone to keep up with the ebay update. When you do this you have to make sure your wifi is turned off and data roaming is off. then it has been working good. So if you are having trouble call your phone co and get them to tell you the # to call to update your phone. Hope this helps people

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

Yes and I dont have any idea what to do..

Please use plain text.
flutea1teacher
Community Member

in reply to admackbar
My problem with the app is the notifications. All I want or have ever had is when an item sells or I get a best offer. I've updated the notifications heaps of times, and still it goes off for everything!! Messages, when someone pays, etc.
Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
i43raspberry
Community Member

in reply to admackbar
hi admackbar ,try to download cleaner from here
http://www.playapk.org/clean-master-cleaner-apk-3-6-0-download/13339
then.Download it .

Now clean your cache memory ,logs etc. After cleaning your phone , click on ebay app. it works perfectly.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar

I installed eBay mobile app 2.4.1.1 on my Droid HTC Inspire 4G phone.  When I try to log in I get “Unable to Reach Server, Please Try Again”.  If I try to log in with an incorrect password I get “Your email/user ID or password is in correct.  Please retry or contact Customer Service if problem continues”

Question: If I was unable to reach the server how would it know that my “…email/user ID or password is incorrect…”?

I tried to login to my account using my son’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Droid phone running eBay mobile app 23.0.0.25 and I was able to connect without any problem.

I called eBay service twice and only get the run around telling me  someone would contact me.  It’s been 2 weeks.  No calls, no email, no message, NOTHING!

Wait it gets better!

I go out and buy a new Samsung Galaxy S4 phone just like the one my son has.  I cannot connect from my new phone but I can still connect from my son’s Galaxy S4 phone.  My son can connect to his account from my new phone just as he was able to do on my old HTC phone.

I googled the problem and saw where many people (about 30,000 reported) have the same problem .  I went and cleared the third party authorizations on eBay.  Some people said it worked for them and others said it did not work.  I am one of the ones for whom it did not work.

In summary:  I am out almost $200 have a new 2 year contract with my cell phone provider, neither of which I needed,  and I still cannot connect to my account using eBay mobile.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to admackbar
I am on a note 2 and every time I do a search it shows best match and will not stay on soonest. I hate to have to do that everytime. How do fix this?
Please use plain text.