cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does The Appearance of Your Listing REALLY Increase Sales?

I am part of a small business here in St. George, Utah. We have a Brick and Mortar and 3 eBay stores. We are of course looking for ways to increase our sales in our eBay stores.  We have recently been experimenting and looking into listing design. A lot of the information we find regarding the affect "professional listings" have on sales is on the websites of companys who provide the template-creating services. Needless to say, they have a bias. I am wondering if some fellow sellers out there can provide either data to tell me one way or another or just their opinions on this particular idea.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Does The Appearance of Your Listing REALLY Increase Sales?

Keep the listing clean.  eBay is making changes and with mobile market increasing, clean easy to read listings are the best.    All the design you need to know:

Align to the left.  (Not centered ugh!) Avoid all capital letter words.  Don't decorate, use colors, or change the lettering style.

Start with a basic one line description of the item. 

Follow with easy to read details. 

(example)

------------------------------------------------

New Blue Widget

Size

What's included

Flaws noted.

Part number

Works with...

(include any pertinant and important deails)

Contact me with any additional questions

-----------------------------------------------------------

END OF LISTING

The listing page provides areas to state your shipping and return policy. 

Fill out the item specifics area. 

Look at your listings on tablets and cell phones.  Unless a viewer selects to read the description, they won't even see it. 

Once upon a time, designs were the thing.  Keep it clean and not too wordy.

-------

Edited to add.  You can add personality via your store.  Create a good logo.  Choose how your store will look to others.  The logo you add can appear on your listings.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply