eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

myhomeschooldelights
Community Member

Creating and Adding to Collections not working today

Has anyone experienced a problem today in either adding to or creating a collection?  If so, do you have a solution? Normally you just click on the "add to collection" icon near the top of any of your listings and you'll then see a pull down of available collections that you've created as well as the ability to create a new one.  Click or fill in as needed and submit and it's done.  Today when I click on it, nothing happens.  I don't see any announcement about an issue with this.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
asiaradiosales
Community Member

Re: Creating and Adding to Collections not working today

in reply to myhomeschooldelights

Are you still expereincing the same thing?

Please use plain text.
myhomeschooldelights
Community Member

in reply to asiaradiosales

Yes, I am.  It is still not working.  Any suggestions for getting tech support on this?

Please use plain text.
back2lifevintage
Community Member

Same here, so frustrating, this causing major problems for me. Typical Ebay, the least they could do is make an announcement about it.

Please use plain text.
myhomeschooldelights
Community Member

in reply to back2lifevintage

Thanks for your reply.  I think I figured it out.  When eBay first introduced the Collections I know a lot of sellers began creating them using their own listings.  It helped advertise our own products and promote sales.  Ebay must have changed that, or else it was a glitch all along.   Here's what I discovered a couple of days ago - if you go to someone else's listing and hove over the "add to a collection" icon, you will indeed be able to create a collection - with that seller's listing.   I am not sure why we would want to do that on our own profile page, but I believe that this change from being able to create from our own listings is not temporary.   I think this is the way eBay wants it.  I had plans for collections based on the theme of my store, but have pretty much given up that idea now.  I don't understand the reasoning, and don't see any information about this on eBay unfortunately.    If anyone has more information, it would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
myhomeschooldelights
Community Member

As of 2/26 I noticed I was able to add my own listings to my own collections once again.  I don't know if the opportunity will go away or not or if the last month has just been a gigantic glitch, but it's a wonderful feature that I hope we can continue to use.

Please use plain text.