cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export as Excel file or .csv items I am selling.

I am kind of new to eBay. Starting to list a lot of items and it is getting confusing switching back and forth from Active, scheduled etc listings to see what I have listed and what as kicked off in an auction etc. All I see is a print function when i go to schedule listings or active listings. Also it would be helpful if i could download/export to Excel or .csv file all listings etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@frugallivingshop

eBay has not provided us with this functionality as yet. They may do so as part of the SellerHub in the future. My guess is that they will add some functionality in the Spring Seller Update (March-ish).

They have stated that they intend to do this before they withdraw support for TurboLister in June of next year.

Alternately, you can subscribe to SixBit or WonderLister. Each has this functionality.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@frugallivingshop

eBay has not provided us with this functionality as yet. They may do so as part of the SellerHub in the future. My guess is that they will add some functionality in the Spring Seller Update (March-ish).

They have stated that they intend to do this before they withdraw support for TurboLister in June of next year.

Alternately, you can subscribe to SixBit or WonderLister. Each has this functionality.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@frugallivingshop

Here's another vote for SixBit.  It has the ability to export to a csv file but you also have the ability to set up folders to easily organize your listings so exporting may not even be necessary. 

You can read more in this review http://ebaylistingtoolreview.weebly.com

VintageCarMagazines

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

From the listings manager, select the listings you want to export and choose "Edit" (or choose Edit all). They will open in a new grid where you can choose the Action "Export to File"
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

That works, if your data needs can be supplied by this format...

csv-export.PNG

This is ok, but I could wish for the description field and maybe a few others (item specifics!!).

This is difficult for sellers with more than 200 listings, as that is all you can bownload in one file, using this method.

If you have 1000's of listings, this is inadequete. Hopefully, the new SellerHub functions will be a little more complete.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The real answer is NO. eBay has been removing features to aid in tagging, sorting, exporting and manipulating your own data, including images. There is absolutely nothing in the eBay interface that allows someone to export their own data. They have removed features such as:

1. The ability to add a custom note to a listing (e.g. if you wanted to tag Free ship products as Free ship) and then export that note. In their export tool called "File Management Center" (http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMFileManagementCenter&ssPageName=PageSMFileManagementCent...) you can export a very small subset of your data. When you do, there will be a column called "Private Notes" in column Q. This feature has been deprecated and will remain blank even if you added a "private note."
  2. From Seller Hub >> Listings, you can no longer export anything even though eBay "help" repeatedly says you can.
  3. Here are the values that you can export, which is a very small fraction of all data pertaining to a listing: 
    Item IDCustom LabelProduct ID TypeProduct ID ValueProduct ID Value 2Quantity AvailablePurchasesBidsPriceStart DateEnd DateConditionTypeItem TitleCategory Leaf NameCategory NumberPrivate NotesSite ListedDownload DateVariation DetailsProduct Reference IDCondition ID

OutOfStockControl

4. You will see there is nothing related to shipping or their dreaded "business policy" feature. 
  5. Of course there are absolutely no images as well.

The only way we could get all of our data out was with a company called White Glove Commerce: https://whiteglovecommerce.com/

They specialize in complex ecommerce sites and offer this service as well as they know folks like us have our data trapped in ebay. They delivered all of our data in a CSV file and all images in a local directory that we can easily upload to any webserver or provider we want. We have invested countless days creating listings and simply wanted our data out of their system so we could manipulate it and have a backup. White Glove Commerce is also helping us launch our own website and sync it with eBay, Amazon, Facebook, and Google Shopping. Inventory, sales, customer information (yes, including emails) are all synced across channels and we can also easily do bulk editing within their system.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The images are considered eBay's intellectual property. Rumor has it that eBay embeds a 'signature' in the images. I have heard of no action taken by eBay, for using 'their' images, just thought you should know.

I you paid that org for those images, did they warn you of the above? Did you have to'sign'any waivers?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You can pay $9.95 a month for a outright account from Go-Daddy.  

You can sign up right from Ebay.  Just click on the Application tab on your "My Ebay Page"  in the drop down menu will be a tab for Outright. 

Or you can go to Go-daddy website at; 

https://sso.godaddy.com/v1/?app=bookkeeping&path=/godaddy/connect_auth

It is an accounting software that you can export into excel file.  You can export all

ebay sales -  Export data includes =date - name of buyer- item description - price

Also keeps track of everything from shipping costs, ebay fees, paypal fees, returns, expenses; which you can download all to excel.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

THANK YOU!!!! I've been looking everywhere for this info.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply