cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to access old Turbo Lister data?

I can't get Turbo Lister to work despite going through every help file I can find and every piece of advice. I have >300 item listings locked up there, and can't get to them now. I can't make heads nor tails of the .tlb nor .imb formats- is there anything that can open those so I can grab the data?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The data in the database files (tlb) is encrypted. Efforts to decypt may violate the TL user agreemant.

If there is any way to do as you wish, contact the Advanced App team.

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ajorchids - Thank you for posting your concerns on this Community Board thread.

I'll be happy to assist you.

You didn't mention how you are trying to access the data from the .tlb file.

If you are trying to just open them from your computer, you won't be able to as stated by @dollybeauty.

If you haven't already tried. Please use Turbo Lister program to restore these data within the backup files. As long as the .tlb file isn't corrupted, you can use Turbo Lister to restore the data by going to "File > Restore Database" from within Turbo Lister.

The .imb file (Image Backup) will decompress along with the .tlb file during the restoration process. There is no need to restore the .imb file separately. Just the .tlb (Turbo Lister backup) file needs to be restored.

If you have tried this and you aren't able to restore due to corruption, then your only option after this would be to import listings from your eBay account by going to "File > Import Items > From eBay listings".

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on this. As mentioned. If you need quicker response to your concerns if you haven't already received an answer to your post, please feel free to contact the Advanced Apps team directly through phone or email support.

**To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages.  Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.  Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools  that my team can assist you with.  Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us.  Ask the customer supported agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.  Our business hours are 8am - 6pm Mountain Time.**

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks everyone for the replies. It seems the root of my problem stems from running XP.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ajorchids - Thank you for keeping up updated.

Yeah, Windows XP would be the cause of many issues in relation to Turbo Lister. No longer supported.

- mykal@ebay

Message 5 of 5
latest reply