eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Has anyone benefited from Obamacare yet?

in reply to john_wade

Oh No I actually agree (at least in principal) with the OP.  I must go get my coat and turn up the heat to combat these cold temperatures due to global warming : )  Hey John do you ever call WLW and what is your caller name?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to john_wade

"Also, Communist and Anarchism are irreconcilable philosophies.  I think you mean Communists and Statists."

Nonsense. All dictatorships including Russian communism start out with anarchy and false flag terrorism. "From chaos comes order" is their philosophy. They have to create chaos and anarchy and break down the system in order to get the masses to accept a dictatorship such as after 911 which ushered in all kinds of draconian proposals totally contrary to the Constitution and Bill of Rights. 

Please use plain text.
chl_only
Community Member

in reply to mountainallie

So bad things are okay, as long as the ideological opposition gets irritated? That's a pretty sad philosophy.

no

the question asked if anyone benefitted yet?

Since I'm Canadian and outside the system .... my only benefit is the comedy .... and there is lots of that

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!
Please use plain text.
mountainallie
Community Member

in reply to cjminnesota57

cjminnesota57 wrote:

>>> The IRS can decide who to check up on and who to leave alone. <<<<

They can. They do not, however, run Obamacare.

No they do not run it. They are the designated police force for Obamacare.

This comment / article / post is open for discussion. Thank you for your valuable input. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
socrates349
Community Member

"

They can. They do not, however, run Obamacare."

We realize that, cj.  When I file my tax return electronically the computer system actually works.

Please use plain text.
cjminnesota57
Community Member

They can. They do not, however, run Obamacare.

If people are trying to bring you down, it only means you are above them.
Please use plain text.
mountainallie
Community Member

The IRS can decide who to check up on and who to leave alone. Tea party first.

This comment / article / post is open for discussion. Thank you for your valuable input. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
cjminnesota57
Community Member

Correct. The IRS is responsible for overseeing the tax credits  and tax increases in the law, and   ensuring businesses and individuals comply with the individual mandate and  other major provisions. 

The IRS does not run Obamacare.

If people are trying to bring you down, it only means you are above them.
Please use plain text.
mountainallie
Community Member

in reply to seemystuffonline

Sarah Hall Ingram, the  IRS executive in charge of the tax exempt division when the office began  targeting conservative Tea Party, is now  running the IRS office in charge with administering Obamacare, ABC  reports.

And  here's the role of the IRS Affordable Care Act office — with Ingram  at the helm — in implementing Obamacare (via  The Fiscal Times): 

The  IRS will largely administer this attempt at providing near-universal health  insurance. It is responsible for overseeing the tax credits  and tax increases in the law, and — most critically —  ensuring that businesses and individuals comply with the individual mandate and  other major provisions. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-irs-scandal-and-obamacare-2013-5

Please use plain text.
seemystuffonline
Community Member

in reply to michaeld2630
The IRS is running Obamacare?

Really? Got proof of that?
Even when I am telling a lie I am truthful. :-) Rick
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chl_only
Just wait until the IRS audits you, you know the ones running Obamacare
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to theoriginalgoldfinger
My sister signed up for it and the IRS (THE ONES WHO RUN OBAMACARE) and just got a letter from IRS saying she owes them an.additiona 3,000 in income tax on her buisness from 2011.GO FIGURE,UNLESS YOUR CLEAN AS SNOW WITH YOUR INCOME. TAX. OR MAYBE NOT THEY WILL AUDIT YOU....WORD TO THE WISE !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nyaussie

Do you have any links?

Find your own links, if you feel such a need.

All our paper has covered are those that can't sign up..have paid but are not in the system...who have found the deductibles and co-payments far too expensive...can't find a medical office that will take the coverage offered...have lost their doctors....

>It's a simple fact that thousands have enrolled (millions? when all state numbers are tallied).

>I'm sure that if you paid, you are legally covered. If you paid and are "not in the system", it's probably just paperwork delays.

>Deductibles & co-pays depend on the plan you selected, and are really no different than they used to be. i.e. if you get a cheap plan, you get higher ded. & co-pays; get an expensive plan and the ded. & co-pay drop.

>Same goes for acceptance by providers: choose cheap coverage and you will have fewer choices; choose more expensive coverage and you will have more choices. That model has been in place for decades...HMO (must pick from their catalog of doctors) versus PPO(choose any doctor) for example.

>If people have lost their doctors, it's probably their own fault for not having done the homework in selecting their insurance. I really don't believe that the system has become SO inflexible that doctors are being forced out of practice.

Oh...they also have covered those that have signed up for Medicaid.

Medicaid was there to begin with. If you went searching for insurance under Obamacare, and in the process of applying it was determined that you were eligible for Medicaid, your case was referred to the state Medicaid board. Nothing new or different, beyond offering it to those who may not have realized they were eligible. During the online Obamacare rush last month, some people incorrectly got bounced to Medicaid, but that was easily fixed.

All in all, the health insurance landscape hasn't changed that much.

A new block of people were forced to get insurance (nothing radical here).

Depending on their financial status, some of those people may have obtained assistance (also nothing radically new)

Some people were forced to select new/different plans (you've never had company change it's product offering?)

Some people will see their cost go up (you've never experienced a price increase for product/service?)

and perhaps MOST importantly, people cannot be tossed to the gutter by insurers if they are sick or may get sick.

America will be a better place with healthcare reform, but it doesn't happen overnight with a magic click of the fingers.

Please use plain text.
dancing_space_monkeys
Community Member

in reply to chl_only

Communism and Anarchism are irreconcilable philosophies. 

True, although I wonder if many of those who call themselves anarachists actually ARE anarchists.

the way it drives the right wing nutbars crazy 

So bad things are okay, as long as the ideological opposition gets irritated? That's a pretty sad philosophy.

Please use plain text.
chl_only
Community Member

in reply to socrates349

Has anyone benefited from Obamacare yet?

Well I certainly have

the way it drives the right wing nutbars crazy 

love it

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!
Please use plain text.
socrates349
Community Member

in reply to nyaussie

Insurance companies, bureaucrats, regulators, crony capitalists, they're all doing well.  The little people, not so miuch, but then the little people have always been expendable.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to theoriginalgoldfinger

theoriginalgoldfinger wrote:

Has anyone benefited from Obamacare yet?

yes, thousands of people have.

thousands that were previously denied insurance on the basis that they had been sick before, or likely would become sick in the future.

any other questions about the "Vast Pinko Commie Conspiracy"?

Do you have any links?

All our paper has covered are those that can't sign up..have paid but are not in the system...who have found the deductibles and co-payments far too expensive...can't find a medical office that will take the coverage offered...have lost their doctors....

Oh...they also have covered those that have signed up for Medicaid.

Please use plain text.
susanw891
Community Member

in reply to john_wade

You are joking right? this string of oral diarrhea is with out merit of any kind and completly uncalled for.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to phlogiston

Just bumping your thread.  God bless you.  

Please use plain text.
phlogiston
Community Member

in reply to john_wade

I've gotten my card and booklet.  Haven't road tested the coverage out yet. 

Also, Communist and Anarchism are irreconcilable philosophies.  I think you mean Communists and Statists.

Please use plain text.