eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

nightbiter2001
Community Member

Re: Why did Jesus have to be tortured and Crucified?

in reply to fatquarters4sale

fatquarters4sale wrote:

Jesus put up with the scourage, mocking, and  crucified because it was the only way to get our attention. If He would have died quickly, we wouldn’t have understood the weight of His sacrifice.

Really don't need to say any more than that. 

Please use plain text.
snakeplissken1969
Community Member

in reply to capt.steel

Please use plain text.
snakeplissken1969
Community Member

Bingo. And I'm not saying that God can't be right... I'm just saying that He can be wrong sometimes. Like cops.

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member

in reply to jason_incognito

jason_incognito wrote:

I thought the bible was written by God? If God wrote it there shouldn't be any inconsistencies?

And if there are inconsistencies, how can you treat it as the truth? Just like with the verses used against homosexuals. How many are there? 1 1/2? and those aren't direct, but get interpreted?

Who decides what parts of the bible don't matter anymore? Serioulsy, the logic (or lack thereof) is so hard to follow.

I was taught that   God inspired humans to write the bible.  Scholars say  the bible is a collection of writings of about 40 individuals, there is 30 in the OT and 10 in the new testament spanning 1600 years.   That is why the OT is completely different in tone than the NT.  

many  people writing in the bible told stories that were passed down from generation to generation.  Now day, we know that some of what was said to happen in the bible, couldn't of possible happened.  

It doesn't mean, that  i'm going to dismiss the entire bible.   There are some scriptures that i cherish, where other parts of the bible i don't understand there purpose.  But, that's just my interpretation of the bible, other people many have a totally different interpretation.

Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think ~ Dr. Seuss
Please use plain text.
jason_incognito
Community Member

in reply to capt.steel

That's the whole point of Mardi Gras.

God wants us to give up sin for 40 days, so we had better go out and sin enough that we won't mind 40 days without it.

I won't be able to get drunk and have sex with people who I don't know their names for a whole 40 days. So let's throw a huge party!

I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
Please use plain text.
capt.steel
Community Member

in reply to **bob_on_the_go**

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

THe way I see it, even if it's true that Jesus died for my sins(which I have no idea what that means) THen go out and sin as much as you can otherwise Jesus would have died for nothing. :smileyhappy:

Bob, you just summed up classic Catholicism as practiced by many historical Popes! :smileywink:

~
Please use plain text.
snakeplissken1969
Community Member

Heaven sounds like just another bureaucracy to me.

Please use plain text.
jason_incognito
Community Member

in reply to snakeplissken1969

I've always believed that if God was a real father and had real kids, CPS would have taken them away long ago for the abuse he heaps on them.

Please use plain text.
snakeplissken1969
Community Member

jason_incognito wrote:

I thought the bible was written by God? If God wrote it there shouldn't be any inconsistencies?

And if there are inconsistencies, how can you treat it as the truth? Just like with the verses used against homosexuals. How many are there? 1 1/2? and those aren't direct, but get interpreted?

Who decides what parts of the bible don't matter anymore? Serioulsy, the logic (or lack thereof) is so hard to follow.

Here's another take: What if God isn't honest? How do we know that God doesn't lie? Because He says He doesn't?

He murders, clearly. He sends Angels to kill us, even after giving Noah a rainbow as a symbolic promise that He would not raise His might against us and slay us again. So...

Either there is a shortage of rainbows, or... God doesn't keep his word. And...

How can you trust a Heavenly Father that damns you to Hell if you don't follow protocol? That's not a good Dad...

Please use plain text.
jason_incognito
Community Member

Please use plain text.
rules_of_acquisition
Community Member

Bob, I'm willing to participate in your thread, if you will answer one question first....

Why do you want to know? I would image your mind (like most of us) is already made up on the subject.

I started at the top and worked my way down...Orson Welles
Please use plain text.
snakeplissken1969
Community Member

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

It's never made sense to me. How does it solve anything?

Publicity stunt?

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member

yes

Please use plain text.
desertbern
Community Member

in reply to desertbern

and even if there were a Jesus and even if he was crucified you don't know why?  Really???  When any 8 year old who got the plot to Despicable Me gets that Jesus threatened the power structure of the Romans who had been running on Caesar being a god and the only possible link to "The Gods" humans have and now here's Jesus with this new story and claiming the Romans were lying and that the real and only god is his PAPPY????  Your that dim????????????????  Well I guess if you are living your life based on teachings from a story book even less believable than Despicable Me then you must be............

Please use plain text.
**bob_on_the_go**
Community Member

fatquarters4sale wrote:

anytime a book is written in a span of a thousands years, by numerous authors there are going to be conflicting statements. That's just a given.

Are you saying that the bible is filled with contradictions and mistakes?

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member

anytime a book is written in a span of a thousands years, by numerous authors there are going to be conflicting statements. That's just a given.

Please use plain text.
**bob_on_the_go**
Community Member

in reply to desertbern

desertbern wrote:

IDK. Why did Humpty Dumpty have to fall off a wall and break in a million pieces?

Why did the Wicked Witch of the West make such a fuss over a house landing on her sister?  Did Dorothy PARK her house there on PURPOSE?

Re: Why did Jesus have to be tortured and Crucified?  Who gives a flip?  It's just a story in a book like Harry Potter!!!

Dumb***!!!

Prove it's just a story.

Please use plain text.
desertbern
Community Member

IDK. Why did Humpty Dumpty have to fall off a wall and break in a million pieces?

Why did the Wicked Witch of the West make such a fuss over a house landing on her sister?  Did Dorothy PARK her house there on PURPOSE?

Re: Why did Jesus have to be tortured and Crucified?  Who gives a flip?  It's just a story in a book like Harry Potter!!!

Dumb***!!!

Please use plain text.
**bob_on_the_go**
Community Member

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

Jesus put up with the scourage, mocking, and  crucified because it was the only way to get our attention. If He would have died quickly, we wouldn’t have understood the weight of His sacrifice.

Huh? What did Jesus sacrifice exactly? How exactly did he get our attention? the more greusome the better? But you haven't answered the OP's question. Why?

He sacrificed his mortal life. According to the bible if a person sins they need a blood sacrifce to cover their sins. Jesus lived a life without sin, therefore he was considred the perfect sacrifice to cover our sins. 

BUT, i am sure you already know this. 

But Jesus was still alive so he didn't sacrifice his mortal life??? Why does a person need a blood sacrifice to cover their sin???

So someone else has to die if a sin has been committed?? Do you not see the flaw in your thinking??? 

How do you know Jesus didn't sin? By definition being mortal and a human you have to sin. 

So what is sin exactly?

It depends on how you interrupt the bible.   i'm going off what i was taught in the bible, the rest  depends on your ideology, of the the God Head.   I am assuming from what you wrote, that you believe that God, Jesus and the holy ghost are the same?   if that is the case.  God the son became a mortal.  Jesus didn't just appear to be a mortal man he really was a mortal. The bible also states that Jesus was without sin.  

The rest is in Leviticus 17:1  Romans 6:23   read it for  yourself  since my interpretation might be different from what you were taught. 

So whatever the bible says is true? the bible also said to enslave and kill gays and unruly kids, no one actually believes that you know. So what's sin? Are you seriously telling me that Jesus didn't sin? How would you know that? What is sin anyways?

Bob,  that's not fair.   I was giving you, what the bible says,  where else am i going to get this stuff  :catlol:

So are you going to start quoting Harry Potter soon?

you are in luck, i haven't read harry potter. 

I haven't either. Someone told me there're no contradictions in Harry Potter whereas the bible and Koran is filled with them. So should I follow the former?

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

**bob_bless_you** wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

Huh? What did Jesus sacrifice exactly? How exactly did he get our attention? the more greusome the better? But you haven't answered the OP's question. Why?

He sacrificed his mortal life. According to the bible if a person sins they need a blood sacrifce to cover their sins. Jesus lived a life without sin, therefore he was considred the perfect sacrifice to cover our sins. 

BUT, i am sure you already know this. 

But Jesus was still alive so he didn't sacrifice his mortal life??? Why does a person need a blood sacrifice to cover their sin???

So someone else has to die if a sin has been committed?? Do you not see the flaw in your thinking??? 

How do you know Jesus didn't sin? By definition being mortal and a human you have to sin. 

So what is sin exactly?

It depends on how you interrupt the bible.   i'm going off what i was taught in the bible, the rest  depends on your ideology, of the the God Head.   I am assuming from what you wrote, that you believe that God, Jesus and the holy ghost are the same?   if that is the case.  God the son became a mortal.  Jesus didn't just appear to be a mortal man he really was a mortal. The bible also states that Jesus was without sin.  

The rest is in Leviticus 17:1  Romans 6:23   read it for  yourself  since my interpretation might be different from what you were taught. 

So whatever the bible says is true? the bible also said to enslave and kill gays and unruly kids, no one actually believes that you know. So what's sin? Are you seriously telling me that Jesus didn't sin? How would you know that? What is sin anyways?

Bob,  that's not fair.   I was giving you, what the bible says,  where else am i going to get this stuff  :catlol:

So are you going to start quoting Harry Potter soon?

you are in luck, i haven't read harry potter. 

Please use plain text.