eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: Republicans swirling the bowl, and ACA is more popular thanks Cruz

in reply to jisretired2010

jisretired2010 wrote:

You are right Arline......many wonderful people live in trailers. She was just trying to get a rise out of me.

Not at all.

It never crossed my mind to try and get a rise out of you.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to arlinedak

arlinedak wrote:

NIce try, but it didn't work

What didn't work?

Please use plain text.
slipnround
Community Member

in reply to nyaussie

nyaussie wrote:

jisretired2010 wrote:

Awwwwwwww.........LOL

It must be tough living in New York.

Not at all.

If you ever feel like venturing out of the trailer park come for a visit!!

I highly recommend going to NYC and seeing the museums.

Way off topic, but I sure do miss NYC, New York has it all just like Sinatra said in his song "the city that never sleeps", hope to visit over the holidays.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to slipnround

slipnround wrote:

nyaussie wrote:

jisretired2010 wrote:

Awwwwwwww.........LOL

It must be tough living in New York.

Not at all.

If you ever feel like venturing out of the trailer park come for a visit!!

I highly recommend going to NYC and seeing the museums.

Way off topic, but I sure do miss NYC, New York has it all just like Sinatra said in his song "the city that never sleeps", hope to visit over the holidays.

It is a fun place. Lots to do and see.

EVery holiday season they have a great "flea market" in battery park in Manhattan. Lots of venders with alot of great one of a kind items.

If ya ever get out of the trailer park see the world and come to NYC.:womanwink:

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to jisretired2010

jisretired2010 wrote:

LOL....how are ya today krusty?

Heterosexual as usual.

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to *notaregistereduser*

*notaregistereduser* wrote:

jisretired2010 wrote:

LOL....how are ya today krusty?

Heterosexual as usual.

Not to get off topic but do you watch Ray Donovan? I'm betting he's gonna' be out of the closet within the next three seasons.

The writers have already been leaving clues. Think about it.

Please use plain text.
stamphick!
Community Member

When real people can finally get on the websites and get a good look at what they are being offered as "affordable" healthcare, they will be throwing Democrats under the bus faster than they can start squealing for help.

Actually the real shock will come when a person's kid falls off his bike and breaks his arm and when showing up at the ER proudly with his affordable silver plan finds that he has to pay the whole bill our of pocket. 

It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.-- Calvin Coolidge
Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to stamphick!

stamphick! wrote:

When real people can finally get on the websites and get a good look at what they are being offered as "affordable" healthcare, they will be throwing Democrats under the bus faster than they can start squealing for help.

Actually the real shock will come when a person's kid falls off his bike and breaks his arm and when showing up at the ER proudly with his affordable silver plan finds that he has to pay the whole bill our of pocket. 

Maybe they want to ban bikes.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to arlinedak

I know better, but I’m bored waiting on a call back re ACA:

Why/how is it that anyone thinks fixing blame and name calling fixes the problems? Perhaps those are the problems that need fixing?

Polls—1000? people, (margin of error 3.5) seriously? You can take it to the bank that not one of them holds my opinions, yet they are taken as truth. I don’t do polls. True/False and scales of 1-5 or 1-10 are inadequate.

“How To Lie With Statistics” Oh wait, they already are…read it free online if you put any merit into polls, especially if you identify with any of those polled  

Do any of you ACA advocates have to deal with it right now?

We’re so far down the wrong direction we need a beam me outtathis.

If the gov was really shutdown, we wouldn’t be paying politicians. Are the WH candy bowls still full?

BTW, do you vote for or against? 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to earthlypursuits

earthlypursuits wrote:

I know better, but I’m bored waiting on a call back re ACA:

Why/how is it that anyone thinks fixing blame and name calling fixes the problems? Perhaps those are the problems that need fixing?

Polls—1000? people, (margin of error 3.5) seriously? You can take it to the bank that not one of them holds my opinions, yet they are taken as truth. I don’t do polls. True/False and scales of 1-5 or 1-10 are inadequate.

“How To Lie With Statistics” Oh wait, they already are…read it free online if you put any merit into polls, especially if you identify with any of those polled  

Do any of you ACA advocates have to deal with it right now?

We’re so far down the wrong direction we need a beam me outtathis.

If the gov was really shutdown, we wouldn’t be paying politicians. Are the WH candy bowls still full?

BTW, do you vote for or against? 

People tend to look at the premiums they will pay. Will they be "affrodable"? Perhaps.

What they fail to read is the policy itself.

What are the deductibles?

What are the co-pays?

So if your policy costs $388 per month you might think that is a great deal.

Then look at the $5000 deductibles...and the fact that only AFTER you meet that your policy only pays at 50%.

So your premiums cost over $4500 per year. Add in the $5000 deductible. that brings it up to $9500 per year. And if you happen to need to use your policy, if you are lucky enough to hit the $5000 deductible your portion of an $8000 procedure will be $4000. Now you have spent over $10,000 per that year.

And you get to start over again the next calendar year and have to meet that $5000 deductible again.

If people had 10 grand to spend onhealthcare every year they would have a policy now.

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

[ Edited ]

jason_incognito wrote:

And all the misteps with the rollout of Obamacare is barely getting airtime on any news other than Fox.

MSNBC

Obamacare ‘disaster,’ or routine maintenance?

Washington Post

Why Obama’s tech-savvy team couldn’t make Obamacare glitch-free

Independent Journal

8 Reasons ObamaCare is an Epic Disaster

White House Dossier

Obamacare Rollout Disaster: It’s not Just Web Traffic

The Daily Caller

So the Obamacare website sure is a disaster, huh?

Policymic

Sen. Max Baucus, Obamacare's Biggest Advocate, Now Warns Of Disaster

Directorblue

OBAMACARE DISASTER: North Carolina Seniors Will See Health Care Premium Hikes Up to... 530 percent

Las Vegas Guardian

Obamacare Disaster if Tech Problems Continue

Freedomworks

Obamacare Disaster Predictions Coming True - Even Howard Dean Agrees

Real Clear Politics

Obamacare Is a Disaster and Democrats Own It

Yahoo Finance

Here's Why The New Obamacare Site Is Such A Disaster

The National Interest

Obamacare, Debt and Disaster

The Western Center For Journalism

ObamaCare Rollout Week – Total Disaster

Townhall

Except for the MSNBC and Washington Post link, most of those others are either right leaning, local or unknown, LOL

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
presprintandpub
Community Member

in reply to bertrambabe2010

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

jason_incognito wrote:

And all the misteps with the rollout of Obamacare is barely getting airtime on any news other than Fox.

MSNBC

Obamacare ‘disaster,’ or routine maintenance?

Washington Post

Why Obama’s tech-savvy team couldn’t make Obamacare glitch-free

Independent Journal

8 Reasons ObamaCare is an Epic Disaster

White House Dossier

Obamacare Rollout Disaster: It’s not Just Web Traffic

The Daily Caller

So the Obamacare website sure is a disaster, huh?

Policymic

Sen. Max Baucus, Obamacare's Biggest Advocate, Now Warns Of Disaster

Directorblue

OBAMACARE DISASTER: North Carolina Seniors Will See Health Care Premium Hikes Up to... 530 percent

Las Vegas Guardian

Obamacare Disaster if Tech Problems Continue

Freedomworks

Obamacare Disaster Predictions Coming True - Even Howard Dean Agrees

Real Clear Politics

Obamacare Is a Disaster and Democrats Own It

Yahoo Finance

Here's Why The New Obamacare Site Is Such A Disaster

The National Interest

Obamacare, Debt and Disaster

The Western Center For Journalism

ObamaCare Rollout Week – Total Disaster

Townhall

Except for the MSNBC and Washington Post link, most of those others are either right leaning, local or unknown, LOL

Just based on your "LOL", I take it you don't think this was a major snafu. LOL!

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to bertrambabe2010

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

I suppose that would depend on how well read you are.

In which of those categories would you place Yahoo Finance?

Please use plain text.
on_isle9
Community Member

in reply to arlinedak

They are doing what they are supposed to do, just like Obama and his communism mode.

More items for everyone to see..
Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to on_isle9

Please use plain text.
Community Member

This from the second poorest city in the nation:

http://readingeagle.com/mobile/article.aspx?id=516179

Study: Obamacare could tax Berks down the line 10/11/2013

Berks County will pay an additional $25 million in Obamacare taxes from 2018 to 2022 unless it reduces the level of health care coverage given to its employees, according to a consultant's study.
The county self-insures 1,800 of its 2,400 employees, providing them with benefits that now are slightly below the threshold considered premium under the Affordable Care Act.
But by 2018, when employers who provide premium health insurance will have to pay a 40 percent excise tax, the county will be above that threshold, said Christian Y. Leinbach, chairman of the board of commissioners, during the board's meeting Thursday.
That means the county would pay a tax of $3.19 million in 2018, $3.95 million in 2019, $4.87 million in 2020, $6.04 million in 2021 and $7.34 million in 2022, the study said.
Those costs would require county property owners to pay an initial additional 1.5 mills in taxes, with taxes rising each year under Obamacare, Leinbach said.
Cutting health insurance to employees so that they are covered under an Obamacare exchange isn't an option, he said. That's because the county has employees belonging to six unions that wouldn't agree to such a change, since coverage under those premiums would be far below what the workers currently get, he said.
Many are drawn to county jobs by the benefits, not the salary, which is often below what they'd earn in the private sector, he said. Therefore, a big reduction in benefits would cost the county a lot of workers, he said.
Leinbach is hoping Obamacare isn't in place by 2018, but said the county can't afford to assume that will be the case.
Instead, the county must start planning to eventually reduce employee health benefits, to raise deductibles, or both, he said.
"We're not waiting around for someone else to fix this," he said, "and we're not trying to stick it to anybody. We're just trying to get ourselves where we're just under the threshold."
The county will soon be speaking with its unions and department heads to explain the situation, he said.
Arnie Wetzel, county director of human resources, said the excise tax on premium health plans was put in place not only to help fund Obamacare, but because it's believed insurance plans that are too good encourage people to use them, pushing up costs for everyone.
Commissioner Mark Scott pointed out that Northampton County has already proposed that next year it will raise its employee deductibles from $250 to $2,500 for individuals and from $500 to $5,000 for families, a move that quickly drew union protests.

Please use plain text.