eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

kosh_vh
Community Member

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to bertrambabe2010

And still no far left Obamacare supporters have signed up for that in which they want enforced on others.

* Kosh *
Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to fatquarters4sale

fatquarters4sale wrote:

That is not what medicare is for. 

What is it for?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

Vision problems are one of the more serious issues the majority of the elderly have to deal with - dental problems aren't too far behind.  Since you don't think Medicare should have to cover them, what about Medicaid or the CHIP program???

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member

in reply to _southernbelle_

_southernbelle_ wrote:

I foolishly thought this Obamacare would not affect me.....I am on Medicare - have BCBS PPO that is available in my areas as an alternative to straight Medicare. 

I got a notice in the mail from Medicare and BCBS saying essentially I didn't need to do anything.

Life is good.

Then Saturday I got something in the mail from BCBS saying there would be some minor changes in coverage starting 1/1/14 due to the recent changes in health insurance.

~They dropped all dental care - no more xrays and free cleaning twice a year.....that will set me back $250 a year.

~They dropped all vision care - no more free eye exam and basic glasses once a year....that will set me back another $250 a year.

~The tiered co-pays for Rx that was $3/$8/$15 depending on the drug will now be $8/$20/$40 - plus 2 of the 6 meds I take were dropped from the formulary altogether - so instead of spending $200 a year on meds, I will spend just over $1800.

~And the monthly insurance premium went up $38.....another $450 out of my pocket each year

So something that will not effect me will cost me over $2000 a year.....

Sorry, i don't have any sympathy. I don't think our tax dollar should be paying for you to get  new glasses every year or free dental  cleanings.  I'm glad they put a stop to it.   That is not what medicare is for. 

Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think ~ Dr. Seuss
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

HHS and everyone involved in the implementation of the exchanges knew that the system had NOT been tested from the website to the enrollment reports generated and on down the line.  You seem to forget that there is NO INCOME VERIFICATION process in place for the subsidies - a part of THE LAW that the President has chosen not to enforce because in the rush to go live with the exchanges Oct 1 - some of the operational parts had to be sacrificed. 

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

in reply to *notaregistereduser*

Sarcasm is lost on the right.

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to bertrambabe2010

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

Who knew?

I'd say that private carriers who don't require your personal information to simply sign on and get a quote probably knew.

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

in reply to jlh1973mu

jlh1973mu wrote:

Cyber security expert worried about government healthcare website

...WBTV Cyber Security Expert Theresa Payton says all those glitches on healthcare.gov could provide thieves with a path to your private information, and the way the site is designed, Peyton says, really isn't helping matters.

"When you go to Amazon or Target or Walmart online," she says, "you can shop [anonymously] as much as you want.  It's when you go to actually purchase something that they ask you for your personal and confidential information.  [Healthcare.gov] works a little differently from that experience that we're all used to. This site asks you right up front, who are you, what do you want, do you qualify and so, as it's glitching out in the middle, you wonder if there's an opportunity for bad guys to get in that glitch and take advantage."

Another aspect that worries Peyton - criminals go where the action is, and there have been a lot of headlines about all the traffic on healthcare.gov...and all the problems.

Her advice is to stay off the website for now.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23671545/cyber-security-expert-worried-about-government-healthcare-website

So this is a warning that registering with a website MIGHT/COULD cause your information to leak MAYBE/SOMETIME.  Who knew?

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to beadle_eze

beadle_eze wrote:

It is your insurance company taking advantage of the situation to cash in.  Just like any other big business does when the time is right. The point is, the ACA did not force your insurance company to do this.............it chose to for the sake of profit.

The free market no longer exists within the health insurance industry. For now it's just a matter of trying to survive. If healthcare costs had been lowered the competetive nature of the free market would have reduced health insurance premiums and increased coverage and benefits. That's the way the free market works.

Health insurance providers must now compete with the federal government which has the benefit of an unlimited blank checkbook with which to eradicate them. Meanwhile actual health care costs continue to rise as they always have. Obamacare does nothing to reduce actual costs of healthcare. It simply pays for insurance.

Please use plain text.
beadle_eze
Community Member

in reply to jlh1973mu

There is absolutely nothing that would stifle competition in the insurance industry.  The insurance companies taking advantage of the ACA are providing one whale of a reason to go to a single payor system.  When that day comes, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

beadle_eze as beadle does
Please use plain text.
jlh1973mu
Community Member

in reply to beadle_eze

beadle_eze wrote:

Southernbelle, you are right that it is not a coincidence.  It is your insurance company taking advantage of the situation to cash in.  Just like any other big business does when the time is right.  The point is, the ACA did not force your insurance company to do this.............it chose to for the sake of profit.  I'm sorry this happened to you.

The ACA law created the environment....that is what some of you either miss or you don't want to realize this......

the law itself created an environment where insurance companies are NOT allowed to compete for your business!!!!

Please use plain text.
beadle_eze
Community Member

in reply to _southernbelle_

Southernbelle, you are right that it is not a coincidence.  It is your insurance company taking advantage of the situation to cash in.  Just like any other big business does when the time is right.  The point is, the ACA did not force your insurance company to do this.............it chose to for the sake of profit.  I'm sorry this happened to you.

Pdposting, I live in North Florida where it can be cooler or hotter than the rest of the state depending on what's going on in the Gulf of Mexico.  Right now, it is 62 degrees out which is quite nice.    Some years, it seems like we go from the blazing heat to one week of cool weather to cold.  It's probably not really that way, but it seems like it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kathieskorner

It has to be related to Obamacare. I have had the same plan for years. Little to no change in coverage nor increase in premium - then whammo....big change and the only explanation is "due to recent health care changes"....and the letter came now - just too much of a coincidence to not be related to Obamacare in any way.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

Unfortunately, you have your insurance company to blame for the rise in fees and the decrease in coverage.  It was not Obamacare.

As some one else posted it is all intertwined.  Medicare impacts the Part D coverage co-pays and what medicines are covered.  That is part of the reason that insurance companies have to publish a new list every year.   There was a change on diabetes supplies this year which neither pharmacists nor doctors really understand.  My husband received a notice from the pharmacy in September that he might be eligible for coverage under Medicare B - he would have to check with his doctor.  The doctor has received no information and is checking on it. 

The fact that Obamacare changed some of what Medicare covers over the past two years is another reason that medi-gap and Medicare Advantage plans have changed what the insurer will cover.   Healthcare costs continue to go up (in part due to Obamacare regulations) so insurance premiums, co-pays, deductibles or a combination of the three will also increase.  Since health insurers  are now subject to the 80-85 rule - there is little chance that the increases aren't due to the increase in healthcare costs.  They would hardly raise rates to just to turn around and issue rebates. 

The health exchanges also have impacted other plans offered by participating insurers - sometimes dumbing down individual and medi-gap policies or increasing premiums, co-pays, and deductibles to exchange levels or eliminating some offerings altogether.  The insurance companies may also be hedging by using current plans to subsidize the exchange plans so the insurer can be more competitive with initial exchange rates. 

It is Obamacare, not the insurance companies, that have changed the overall health insurance big picture. 

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member

in reply to jlh1973mu

jlh1973mu wrote:

beadle_eze wrote:

The onus is clearly on the insurance company for changing the policy's coverage.  Obamacare did not force the insurance company to increase the costs or reduce the coverage.

Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are

A growing consensus of IT experts, outside and inside the government, have figured out a principal reason why the website for Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchange is crashing. Healthcare.gov forces you to create an account and enter detailed personal information before you can start shopping. This, in turn, creates a massive traffic bottleneck, as the government verifies your information and decides whether or not you’re eligible for subsidies. HHS bureaucrats knew this would make the website run more slowly. But they were more afraid that letting people see the underlying cost of Obamacare’s insurance plans would scare people away...

...As you know if you’ve been following this space, Obamacare’s bevy of mandates, regulations, taxes, and fees drives up the cost of the insurance plans that are offered under the law’s public exchanges. A Manhattan Institute analysis I helped conduct found that, on average, the cheapest plan offered in a given state, under Obamacare, will be 99 percent more expensive for men, and 62 percent more expensive for women, than the cheapest plan offered under the old system. And those disparities are even wider for healthy people.

That raises an obvious question. If 50 million people are uninsured today, mainly because insurance is too expensive, why is it better to make coverage even costlier?

Read more:http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/14/obamacares-website-is-crashing-because-it-doesn...

Great question.....so why is Obamacare making coverage more expensive??

There are rumor out there that the crashes of the website are deliberate.

That the Government set up the websites to crash only after you gave them your personal information to make a record for the government.

Is this something that you think that your government would not do?

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
jlh1973mu
Community Member

in reply to beadle_eze

beadle_eze wrote:

The onus is clearly on the insurance company for changing the policy's coverage.  Obamacare did not force the insurance company to increase the costs or reduce the coverage.

Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are

A growing consensus of IT experts, outside and inside the government, have figured out a principal reason why the website for Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchange is crashing. Healthcare.gov forces you to create an account and enter detailed personal information before you can start shopping. This, in turn, creates a massive traffic bottleneck, as the government verifies your information and decides whether or not you’re eligible for subsidies. HHS bureaucrats knew this would make the website run more slowly. But they were more afraid that letting people see the underlying cost of Obamacare’s insurance plans would scare people away...

...As you know if you’ve been following this space, Obamacare’s bevy of mandates, regulations, taxes, and fees drives up the cost of the insurance plans that are offered under the law’s public exchanges. A Manhattan Institute analysis I helped conduct found that, on average, the cheapest plan offered in a given state, under Obamacare, will be 99 percent more expensive for men, and 62 percent more expensive for women, than the cheapest plan offered under the old system. And those disparities are even wider for healthy people.

That raises an obvious question. If 50 million people are uninsured today, mainly because insurance is too expensive, why is it better to make coverage even costlier?

Read more:http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/14/obamacares-website-is-crashing-because-it-doesn...

Great question.....so why is Obamacare making coverage more expensive??

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member

in reply to beadle_eze

beadle_eze wrote:

Unfortunately, you have your insurance company to blame for the rise in fees and the decrease in coverage.  It was not Obamacare.

The insurance company is to blame when they are forced under federal law to conform to new regulation?

Are you kidding me?

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
pdbposting
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to beadle_eze

I know....My wife works for law enforcement....has BCBS....And personally, I really don't know how it all works, nor really care. Basically as long as bureaucracy just leaves us alone.

Is it cool where you're at?....We're having some pleasant eves here. I would think you would be like 10 degrees below us at this time of year

----------------------------------------------------------------
Tolerance vs Acceptance.....Embrace the difference
Please use plain text.
jlh1973mu
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

Cyber security expert worried about government healthcare website

...WBTV Cyber Security Expert Theresa Payton says all those glitches on healthcare.gov could provide thieves with a path to your private information, and the way the site is designed, Peyton says, really isn't helping matters.

"When you go to Amazon or Target or Walmart online," she says, "you can shop [anonymously] as much as you want.  It's when you go to actually purchase something that they ask you for your personal and confidential information.  [Healthcare.gov] works a little differently from that experience that we're all used to. This site asks you right up front, who are you, what do you want, do you qualify and so, as it's glitching out in the middle, you wonder if there's an opportunity for bad guys to get in that glitch and take advantage."

Another aspect that worries Peyton - criminals go where the action is, and there have been a lot of headlines about all the traffic on healthcare.gov...and all the problems.

Her advice is to stay off the website for now.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23671545/cyber-security-expert-worried-about-government-healthcare-website

Please use plain text.
beadle_eze
Community Member

in reply to pdbposting

I live in Florida, too.

Please use plain text.