eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
granba
Community Member

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to kathieskorner

kathie, i think the confusion comes in because of how the president started it, national health care or universal healhcare, as well as hearing how well this works in other countries.  but the republicans morphed it into something it was never meant to be but is still better than nothing.

The older my grandchildren get the less I can remember.
Please use plain text.
tcmsecretuserid
Community Member

in reply to jisretired2010

jisretired2010 wrote:

Plus, the penalty goes up each year Auntie.....and with Medicare you will need a supplemental policy.  The older you get the risk for serious health issues increases.

Risk is one thing. 

Medicare alone satisfies the requirement. While a supplemental policy would be helpful, it is not required under the new plan. There will be no penalty for having Medicare with no supplemental insurance. 

in reply to runaway2da

There we go again - confusing healthcare with health insurance when discussing the ACA. 

Please use plain text.
dealintruth
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

You of course being the all seeing and all knowing one realize that these same type of things happened with Medicare, Social Security and especially Medicare part "D". That being said, there are also similar comparisons can be made of private sector ventures (like Twitter and Facebook) and yet the 5% of people that thinks Congress is doing a good job seems to ignore these facts. I know that words like socialized or universal scare the bejeebers out of conservatives until they realize it works, especially for them. Big bad government does nothing for us that we are willing to admit until it comes a time when they are your last resort then they are wonderful. This statement can be supported by how foolish these polls really make the people that answer them look. 

You have Republican congress with a 5% approval rating, Democrats at around 12% and the tea party representatives not even registering but when election time comes, it is the same old routine. You have 65% of Americans saying they want to replace the whole bunch but then approve of their own representative. I am seeing a tremendous amount of exceptionally bad behavior occurring and that is something that the world's foremost power should be ashamed of. To witness such a powerful country not even being able to run itself is anything but exceptional and definitely nothing to stand claim to as being the greatest democracy man has known.

Obamacare will succeed or fail because consumers will be the telling tail, so nothing the right wants to do will change the course and if it fails, well, you will have won the day and possibly earned some respect from the electorate for future campaigns. Bad things will never succeed and spreading fear and deception about them only make people more curious to find out so can be very self defeating. You don't have to like the ACA but it is the law and it is off to a less than flattering start, so maybe the best way to stop it is to let it stop itself. I don't know if it will succeed, but I hope it does so more people have health care they can depend on and coverage they will be responsible for managing.

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to slipnround

slipnround wrote:

Oh and I may be changing my party if Hillary Clinton gets the nod, in all sincerity I do believe she would be the answer to getting something done in DC and between her and Bill as her Consigliere, they will bring down our trillion dollars of debt and also are popular around the world in renewing old friendships with foreign policy.

I agree. Who could pass up a two for one deal like that.

Oh. Apparently Democrats who would rather be considered sexist than racist. It was a lose/lose situation no matter which way you went. I still can't understand how she lost.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

Learned something in the news this morning, the first thing and IRS agent looks up is how you are registered to vote. Best if you are a registered Republican to change your party and register as a Democrat, but vote Republican when the time comes. Helps in the primary's too to vote against the front runner. It's been going on anyhow."

Maybe that's why we haven't been audited no matter what party is in charge - Virginia does not register voters by party. 

Please use plain text.
jisretired2010
Community Member

in reply to slipnround

"Learned something in the news this morning, the first thing and IRS agent looks up is how you are registered to vote. Best if you are a registered Republican to change your party and register as a Democrat, but vote Republican when the time comes. Helps in the primary's too to vote against the front runner. It's been going on anyhow."

:smileysurprised:

:smileylol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring- it was peace. Milan Kundera -
Please use plain text.
slipnround
Community Member

in reply to jisretired2010

WOW reading these findings on here with the comments, should we really be trusting the IRS and all their on going scandals handling all of our information especially health care.

Learned something in the news this morning, the first thing and IRS agent looks up is how you are registered to vote. Best if you are a registered Republican to change your party and register as a Democrat, but vote Republican when the time comes. Helps in the primary's too to vote against the front runner. It's been going on anyhow.

Oh and I may be changing my party if Hillary Clinton gets the nod, in all sincerity I do believe she would be the answer to getting something done in DC and between her and Bill as her Consigliere, they will bring down our trillion dollars of debt and also are popular around the world in renewing old friendships with foreign policy's unlike Obama and his foreign policy's, he can't even lead the country let alone the world.

Obama leads the world laughs.

Please use plain text.
jisretired2010
Community Member

in reply to tcmsecretuserid

Plus, the penalty goes up each year Auntie.....and with Medicare you will need a supplemental policy.  The older you get the risk for serious health issues increases.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring- it was peace. Milan Kundera -
Please use plain text.
tcmsecretuserid
Community Member

in reply to auntiem71

auntiem71 wrote:

I did my math. I'm 2 years off of retirement. 5 years till Medicare. I go to the doctor twice a year to get my pills renewed & have blood tests. Cost: about $400.00.

I will pay the penalty for the next 5 years.

Cross your fingers that you don't get more sick, or in an accident. 

I go to the doctor Zero times a year, and I don't take any meds. 

I think I'll sign up for the exchange, and still not go to the doctor. I did the math, and it's cheaper than the penalty. 

in reply to runaway2da

Actually it is not the far left, but the technologically challenged federal government that is responsible for the problems of implementing the health insurance exchanges.  Hiring a Canadian firm to develop the "guts" of the system didn't help. 

Please use plain text.
joelaughingcrow
Community Member

in reply to steppefjordwyfe10

Far left, far left, far left, far left, far left, far left, far left

Southern by the grace of God and gay by the grace of nature
Please use plain text.
steppefjordwyfe10
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to kathieskorner

Now I hear that the site is a hacker's dream and not safe due to identity theft.  This whole thing is an example of "staggering incompetence" by the Far Left.

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
― Ronald Reagan

"Guilty as sin, free as a bird" Bill Ayers

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

If they use the enrollment reports currently being generated and sent to insurers - the numbers will be greatly inflated.

Please use plain text.
auntiem71
Community Member

in reply to *notaregistereduser*

I did my math. I'm 2 years off of retirement. 5 years till Medicare. I go to the doctor twice a year to get my pills renewed & have blood tests. Cost: about $400.00.

I will pay the penalty for the next 5 years.

COMMON SENSE! Use it Well! Use it Often!
Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to beadle_eze

beadle_eze wrote:
Why would liberals who already have health insurance sign up for ACA?

Because it's so affordable.

Please use plain text.
*notaregistereduser*
Community Member

in reply to granba

granba wrote:

i would but im covered thru work (retired). 

granba wrote:

i would try but im covered thru work (retired). 

There. I fixed it for you.

Please use plain text.
beadle_eze
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da
Why would liberals who already have health insurance sign up for ACA? Wouldn't that just be silly?

beadle_eze as beadle does
Please use plain text.
kosh_vh
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

So far none of the far left Obamcare defenders have signed up to show their support for their undying loyalty.

* Kosh *
Please use plain text.
beadle_eze
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da
The bean counters have been forloughed by the Republicans. That about explains it all.

beadle_eze as beadle does
Please use plain text.