eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Reply
Community Member
Posts: 2,779
Registered: ‎09-20-2007

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to fatquarters4sale

Take off your Rose colored glasses.

 

See the world.

 

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member
Posts: 2,249
Registered: ‎09-17-2010

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to slipnround

slipnround wrote:

collecting*for*keeps wrote:

_southernbelle_ wrote:

No one cares what I think, LOL - but as someone who has had primo private insurance, Medicare now - and been dirt poor with a disabled child and received Medicaid - as well as having worked in a hospital since I was 17 - I kinda know a little.

 

I started out working in Labor and Delivery almost 40 years ago. Back then if you had no insurance and did not prepay 100% of your obstetrical bill in advance - you went into a 4-6 bed ward depending on how busy we were. You go NO pain relief other than a little demerol. You saw a medical student and intern. There was no tv, there was no phone. Of course if there was an emergency c-section you got pain meds. 

You got the basic level of care.

 

If you had private insurance, you got a "real" doc, a private room with TV and phone, and a spinal. Steak dinner sent to your room the day of discharge. You got a primo level of care.

 

Mediocre insurance - you got something in the middle. But like I said you were more than welcome to prepay for the extras in advance.

 

Why can't the government do that? Everyone should get a very basic minimal level of care. You want luxuries? Then buy private insurance and pay mega premiums.

The person on Medicaid should not get the same bells and whistles that someone else who is being responsible and working and paying expensive premiums gets.

What motivation is there to work hard - spent your money on beer and crack and $1500 Louis Vuitton purses? No problem! You'll get the same care as the guy who worked his a$$ off with 3 jobs to provide for his family.

 

 

 

 


I agree.

 

The young ones on the Medicaid card have no deductibles, co-pays or cost.  They use the same hospitals, Doctors and surgeons that you or I use.  They are never turned away from none of this.  They do get eyeglasses and contacts, and I believe Dental also.  And they still cry.

 

And I'm not talking about the disabled or the elderly. They deserve it.  I'm talking about the Welfare Queens. 

 

And yet the Dems call the working people scum of the earth because they want to support their own family first and not the baby daddys families that won't or will not work to support theirs.

I want to be able pick my hubbys pockets first before someone on the welfare roles gets to pick his to support their lifestyle. 

 

Just my opinion. 

 


collecting I don't know who you are, but wow, you said it all, finally somebody with common sense and what used to be an Individuals American way of doing stuff responsibly, individual responsibility is something of the past. Maybe someday it will come back.

 


Obama leads the world laughs


weren't  you just complaining about having to pay for eyeglasses and dental cleansing out of your own pocket? 

 

Please use plain text.
slipnround
Community Member
Posts: 2,212
Registered: ‎12-25-2002

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to fatquarters4sale

fatquarters4sale wrote:

slipnround wrote:

collecting*for*keeps wrote:

_southernbelle_ wrote:

No one cares what I think, LOL - but as someone who has had primo private insurance, Medicare now - and been dirt poor with a disabled child and received Medicaid - as well as having worked in a hospital since I was 17 - I kinda know a little.

 

I started out working in Labor and Delivery almost 40 years ago. Back then if you had no insurance and did not prepay 100% of your obstetrical bill in advance - you went into a 4-6 bed ward depending on how busy we were. You go NO pain relief other than a little demerol. You saw a medical student and intern. There was no tv, there was no phone. Of course if there was an emergency c-section you got pain meds. 

You got the basic level of care.

 

If you had private insurance, you got a "real" doc, a private room with TV and phone, and a spinal. Steak dinner sent to your room the day of discharge. You got a primo level of care.

 

Mediocre insurance - you got something in the middle. But like I said you were more than welcome to prepay for the extras in advance.

 

Why can't the government do that? Everyone should get a very basic minimal level of care. You want luxuries? Then buy private insurance and pay mega premiums.

The person on Medicaid should not get the same bells and whistles that someone else who is being responsible and working and paying expensive premiums gets.

What motivation is there to work hard - spent your money on beer and crack and $1500 Louis Vuitton purses? No problem! You'll get the same care as the guy who worked his a$$ off with 3 jobs to provide for his family.

 

 

 

 


I agree.

 

The young ones on the Medicaid card have no deductibles, co-pays or cost.  They use the same hospitals, Doctors and surgeons that you or I use.  They are never turned away from none of this.  They do get eyeglasses and contacts, and I believe Dental also.  And they still cry.

 

And I'm not talking about the disabled or the elderly. They deserve it.  I'm talking about the Welfare Queens. 

 

And yet the Dems call the working people scum of the earth because they want to support their own family first and not the baby daddys families that won't or will not work to support theirs.

I want to be able pick my hubbys pockets first before someone on the welfare roles gets to pick his to support their lifestyle. 

 

Just my opinion. 

 


collecting I don't know who you are, but wow, you said it all, finally somebody with common sense and what used to be an Individuals American way of doing stuff responsibly, individual responsibility is something of the past. Maybe someday it will come back.

 


Obama leads the world laughs


weren't  you just complaining about having to pay for eyeglasses and dental cleansing out of your own pocket? 

 


No I didn't have such luxury ever in my life, I wear glasses, I paid for them, I have dentures and I paid for them too, they cost a small fortune, by the way, the dentures. My bottom teeth are semi permanent I have a plate screwed into the bottom jaw, that alone without the denture cost about $3,000 dollars and having the bottom denture altered was a few hundred dollars and both sets of dentures the teeth are porcelin, a little pricey. Still much cheaper than a full set of implants, much cheaper.

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member
Posts: 2,249
Registered: ‎09-17-2010

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to slipnround

i wasn't respond to you,  but you knew that.

Please use plain text.
Community Member
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎01-31-2003

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to bertrambabe2010

The ACA was not passed for me.

 

We have insurance that we will continue to use, but we still benefit from ACA.  SO has a pre-existing condition dating back many years.  My son is in his early twenties and gets to stay on our insurance policy.

 

Some of the provisions benefit all of us.

 

The Marketplace is something consumers can use to compare policies and see what cost reductions might be available to them. Those with income below 400% of the FPL, with no other source of affordable coverage, may benefit from the plans available in the marketplace.

 

It remains a choice, however, which seem to be forgotten by the GOP politicians in D.C.   No one is forced to use the Marketplace.  Health insurance remains available elsewhere.

Please use plain text.
steppefjordwyfe10
Community Member
Posts: 7,938
Registered: ‎02-04-2013

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

[ Edited ]
in reply to bertrambabe2010

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

beadle_eze wrote:

Bert, he asked us both the same question.  Exaggeration is a weak form of deflection.  :womanhappy:


Yep.  So is repeatedly changing the subject.


Would that include for instance, while discussing Obama and his policies, bringing up Bush?



“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies . . . Ayn Rand
Please use plain text.
Community Member
Posts: 2,779
Registered: ‎09-20-2007

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to steppefjordwyfe10

steppefjordwyfe10 wrote:

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

beadle_eze wrote:

Bert, he asked us both the same question.  Exaggeration is a weak form of deflection.  :womanhappy:


Yep.  So is repeatedly changing the subject.


Would that include for instance, while discussing Obama and his policies, bringing up Bush?


Where ya been?  If it's not Bush's fault,   It's Reagans fault.

Please use plain text.
steppefjordwyfe10
Community Member
Posts: 7,938
Registered: ‎02-04-2013

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to collecting*for*keeps

collecting*for*keeps wrote:

steppefjordwyfe10 wrote:

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

beadle_eze wrote:

Bert, he asked us both the same question.  Exaggeration is a weak form of deflection.  :womanhappy:


Yep.  So is repeatedly changing the subject.


Would that include for instance, while discussing Obama and his policies, bringing up Bush?


Where ya been?  If it's not Bush's fault,   It's Reagans fault.


Tell me about it!  :womanlol:



“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies . . . Ayn Rand
Please use plain text.
slipnround
Community Member
Posts: 2,212
Registered: ‎12-25-2002

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to fatquarters4sale

fatquarters4sale wrote:

i wasn't respond to you,  but you knew that.


.


No not really, I saw my ID at the top of your post, otherwise I never would have responded

 

Obama leads the world laughs

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member
Posts: 2,625
Registered: ‎01-21-2009

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to stamphick!

stamphick! wrote:

According to a study by someone or other there were 36,000 signed up in the first week. 

 

To meet the government goals there needs to be about 45,000 per week. 


Actually the number is 38,000 nation wide to date.

That being from the first day until today.

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member
Posts: 2,625
Registered: ‎01-21-2009

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da

runaway2da wrote:

stamphick! wrote:

According to a study by someone or other there were 36,000 signed up in the first week. 

 

To meet the government goals there needs to be about 45,000 per week. 


Actually the number is 38,000 nation wide to date.

That being from the first day until today.


For those that need proof.

 

Not mentioning any names.

 

38,000 to date. Not a very good number.

 

Meanwhile, headlines across the country offer updates on specific state exchanges in California, Florida, Michigan, Oregon, Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota and Colorado.

The Wall Street Journal: State-Run Health Exchanges Gain Some Traction
At least 38,000 people have signed up for new health plans in the state-run insurance exchanges that opened Oct. 1, while more than 100,000 have completed applications and are close to finishing the process, according to state data (Schatz, 10/14).

Los Angeles Times: Online Firms To Help Enroll People In Obamacare, But Not In California
The nation's biggest online seller of health insurance has joined forces with the federal government to enroll people across the country in Obamacare, but EHealth Inc. won't be signing up any Californians (Terhune, 10/14).

The Sacramento Bee: Covered Calif.: Doctor, Hospital Directory Release Premature
Officials with the state's health insurance marketplace acknowledged prematurely releasing an online directory of doctors and hospitals on Tuesday, a week after opening enrollment for its version of the federal health care overhaul. Covered California removed the directory within a day of release after discovering it was plagued by inaccuracies and sluggish performance. The search tool was designed to allow customers to determine whether their providers were included in health plans offered by the exchange. In an interview with The Sacramento Bee Editorial Board Monday, Covered California Executive Director Peter V. Lee said the directory never should have been launched (Cadelago, 10/14).

The Sacramento Bee: Opt-Out Efforts Won’t Play In California, Insurance Chief Says
The chief of California's health insurance marketplace said he has no concerns about advertising campaigns designed to derail the federal health care law, arguing there is no "echo chamber" for such efforts in the Golden State. Covered California Executive Director Peter V. Lee has been crisscrossing the state for roughly two dozen town hall meetings and said he has been heckled just once - by an individual speaking out against U.S. intervention in Syria (Cadelago, 10/14).

The Miami Herald/Kaiser Health News: South Floridians' Biggest Question About Marketplace Plans: Will They Be Affordable?
One 47-year-old cancer survivor thinks the Affordable Care Act could save her life. But a 28-year-old real estate agent sees the law requiring health insurance for everyone as a safeguard he doesn’t need. And for an immigrant nursery worker in southern Miami-Dade County, health insurance is a luxury she never thought she could afford — and is afraid she still can't" (Borns, 10/14).

The Miami Herald/Kaiser Health News: Capsules: Obamacare Enrollees Become Urban Legend
Will the Floridians who have enrolled for Obamacare please stand up? Nearly two weeks after the federal government launched the online Health Insurance Marketplace at healthcare.gov, individuals who have successfully used the choked-up website to enroll for a subsidized health insurance plan have reached a status akin to urban legend: Everyone has heard of them, but very few people have actually met one (Borns and Chang, 10/15).

The Associated Press: Health Plan Sign-Ups On The Rise In Michigan
Amid the problems and political finger-pointing since the launch of online health care exchanges, Adnan Hammad sees progress. The community health director at Dearborn-based nonprofit organization ACCESS said his staff has helped hundreds of people enroll in plans under the federal health care overhaul and educated thousands about the available options (10/14).

The Oregonian: Cover Oregon: Public Site Glitch Fixed So Browsers Can View Plan Details
Oregon's health insurance exchange has fixed a glitch that removed plan details from its public Cover Oregon website. Now plan details are up including information on copays, co-insurance and preventive coverage. Previously, the lack of information highly limited the website's usefulness for people hoping to buy their own policies on the individual market. The public browse-only website amounts to the state's backup plan as it tries to fix a larger glitch blocking enrollment on a separate website used by agents and application assisters. That site has had problems accurately determining whether a person is eligible for tax credits or other government assistance, such as the Medicaid-funded Oregon Health Plan. Cover Oregon officials had hoped to allow consumers to enroll themselves by Oct. 15, but now that function may not be available until November (Budnick, 10/14).

The CT Mirror: CT’s Newest Insurer Emphasizes Its Differences. Will That Win Customers?
In the quest to build an insurance company from scratch, Kenneth Lalime sees opportunity in mistaken phone calls. The new insurer Lalime runs is called HealthyCT, and it’s not uncommon for people to call trying to reach the state’s health insurance exchange, which is called Access Health CT. So the people who answer the phones at HealthyCT can transfer callers to Access Health, or they can answer questions themselves. Lalime hopes callers will remember that HealthyCT was helpful. Mistaken identity is just one of the quirks of being “the new guy on the block” at a time of major change for the health care and insurance industries (Becker, 10/14).

The Baltimore Sun: Maryland’s Obamacare Health Exchange Hit With Problems
As the nation prepared for the launch of federal health reforms, Maryland was lauded as a leader in adopting the president's signature program. Obama used a community college in Maryland as a backdrop to promote his plan — and to praise Maryland as a model (Cohn, 10/14).

The Baltimore Sun: Md. Insurance Exchange Shoppers Trend Young, Female, Officials Say
Young people are showing interest in buying insurance through Maryland Health Connection, the state marketplace created as part of federal health care reform, with those under 35 making up a third of those exploring the organization's website, officials said Friday. Users in the 25-29 and 30-34 age groups make up the largest and second-largest shares, respectively, of the 25,000 people who have created profiles on the marketplace's website, MarylandHealthConnection.gov, despite persistent technical difficulties (Dance, 10/11).

Minnesota Public Radio: MNsure After 2 Weeks: How’s It Working?
Elana Gravitz, Program Manager at Hennepin County Human Services Department sums up how many community organizations view MNsure, with a quick assessment: "Sometimes it works," she said. "Sometimes it doesn't work." MNsure officials say the on-again, off-again problems stem from the federal data hub, that insurance marketplaces such as MNsure must use to verify a person's income through the IRS. In recent weeks, the hub has been overwhelmed. But when it is working, Gravitz said, it automates the otherwise cumbersome enrollment process in Medicaid. "It's a great thing for the county," she said. "What it means is that eventually as the system gets smoother and smoother, we'll be able to have the workers spend the time with clients that have more complex issues and questions than the folks who have more straightforward cases might be able to take care of things on their own” (Stawicki, 10/15).

Kaiser Health News: Colorado Insurance Exchange Week One: Few Enrollments, Lots Of Interest
Connect for Health Colorado, which is branding itself as C4HCO, says it had 162,941 unique visitors to its website October 1-7. Of those, 226 purchased health coverage for themselves and dependents, totaling 305 covered lives (Whitney, 10/15). 

Health Policy Solutions (a Colo. news service): Thousands Look, 226 Buy During Exchange Debut
Colorado’s new health exchange has attracted thousands of visitors since its launch on Oct. 1, but only 226 pulled the trigger and bought insurance as Obamacare officially launched. High traffic to the Connect for Health Colorado website caused technology glitches that prevented many people from being able to create accounts immediately after the exchange launched. Those problems continued through last week and prompted two unscheduled shutdowns to reboot the exchange’s software, technology managers said. Even so, as of Friday, about 28,000 people have created accounts and about 204,000 unique visitors have surfed the site that offers health plans to individuals and small businesses, managers said. They say the system overloads that prevented people from creating accounts are now largely resolved (Kerwin McCrimmon, 10/14).

This is part of Kaiser Health News' Daily Report - a summary of health policy coverage from more than 300 news organizations. The full summary of the day's news can be found here and you can sign up for e-mail subscriptions to the Daily Report here. In addition, our staff of reporters and correspondents file original stories each day, which you can find on our home page.

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
lealta
Community Member
Posts: 2,286
Registered: ‎10-31-2004

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da

She now has 18 full time workers and 400 part time works. The full time had very generous healthcare benefits and the part time were given a choice to join a group plan.

 

If I'm not mistaken, a company that only has 18 full time employees, no matter how many part time employees they have, does not have to get healthcare insurance for their employees, if the part timers work below 30 hours per week.  If I'm wrong, would someone please point it out. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member
Posts: 1,543
Registered: ‎01-26-2003

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da

 

Some of the provisions benefit all of us.

 

And many do not really benefit anyone.  Explain who benefits from the $63 head tax being levied for at least three years on everyone covered by an employer plan - that includes spouses and children.  How is that being paid for - by raising the employee contribution of course.  And what is it for?  A government controlled slush fund to reimburse insurers for covering those with pre-existing conditions.

 

 

The Marketplace is something consumers can use to compare policies and see what cost reductions might be available to them. Those with income below 400% of the FPL, with no other source of affordable coverage, may benefit from the plans available in the marketplace.

 

Unfortunately, much of the "affordable" was left out of the exchange plans if you add the premiums, co-pays, and deductibles - even for those eligible for subsidies.

 

 

It remains a choice, however, which seem to be forgotten by the GOP politicians in D.C.   No one is forced to use the Marketplace.  Health insurance remains available elsewhere.

 

Thanks to the ACA - many working for small businesses are losing their employer covered plans,  and the health insurance plans , particularly individual plans, available elsewhere are getting more expensive or disappearing all together.    While there may be a "choice"  - often it won't be a very good one.  In time for those without employer insurance and not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare may not have a choice other than the exchanges or paying the penalty/tax.   

 

 

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member
Posts: 2,625
Registered: ‎01-21-2009

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to lealta

lealta wrote:

She now has 18 full time workers and 400 part time works. The full time had very generous healthcare benefits and the part time were given a choice to join a group plan.

 

If I'm not mistaken, a company that only has 18 full time employees, no matter how many part time employees they have, does not have to get healthcare insurance for their employees, if the part timers work below 30 hours per week.  If I'm wrong, would someone please point it out. 


Sorry, but that is not what the Government told her.

 

She had 18 full time and 400 part time.

 

Under Obamacare Law. All employees have to be treated the same. No exception!

 

You are looking for fair treatment.

 

There is nothing fair about Obamacare. Obama himself made exceptions for big business and Congress.

 

Welcome to the real Obamacare that you didn't read before you passed it. 

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
beadle_eze
Community Member
Posts: 3,402
Registered: ‎11-20-2004

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da

Here is the link that addresses part-time employees.  

 

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-im-a-part-time-employee-without-health-coverage/

 

You must have missed all of the threads which discussed employers slashing employees' hours so they would not have to provide them with health care coverage.


beadle_eze as beadle does
Please use plain text.
books-2-go
Community Member
Posts: 64
Registered: ‎09-02-2005

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da
 


I am hearing a lot of  fear and panic.  

 

 

I'm  sure people were acting the same way, when the government started taking money out of their  paychecks to pay for

social security and Medicare. 

 

 

 

Please use plain text.
Community Member
Posts: 1,543
Registered: ‎01-26-2003

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da

The ACA has re-defined parttime as under 30 hrs per week.  In many businesses 32 hours per week was previously considered parttime.  Fulltime was previosuly defined as 35-40 hours per week depending on the industry.

Please use plain text.
lealta
Community Member
Posts: 2,286
Registered: ‎10-31-2004

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

[ Edited ]
in reply to kathieskorner

Kathie, I fully understand that under Obamacare, that 30 hours is considered full time.  That wasn't what my comments were about.  If a company has 400 part-time employees who are all working less than 30 hours per week, then they do not have to provide medical insurance for them.  As Beadle said...that is why companies like Papa Johns, New York Applebee's Franchisees, and Denny's threatened to cut all their full time workers to under 30 hours.

 

And if, as Runaway2da says, this business owner is already providing insurance for their part time help, then I wonder why they are even worrying about it. 

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member
Posts: 2,625
Registered: ‎01-21-2009

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to lealta

lealta wrote:

Kathie, I fully understand that under Obamacare, that 30 hours is considered full time.  That wasn't what my comments were about.  If a company has 400 part-time employees who are all working less than 30 hours per week, then they do not have to provide medical insurance for them.  As Beadle said...that is why companies like Papa Johns, New York Applebee's Franchisees, and Denny's threatened to cut all their full time workers to under 30 hours.

 

And if, as Runaway2da says, this business owner is already providing insurance for their part time help, then I wonder why they are even worrying about it. 


You don't get it.

Under Obamacare.

 

They can no longer do this.

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
Community Member
Posts: 1,543
Registered: ‎01-26-2003

Re: How many people have signed up for Obamacare?

in reply to runaway2da

I don't believe runaway said how many hours per week the parttime workers were working.  From his comments I would assume that some of them were working more than 30 hours per week, but not enough to be considered fulltime.  With the ACA defining fulltime as 30 hours per week - many of those previously considered parttime were now fulltime.   A company that uses oncall workers depending on business volume like a catering business could have workers that work 20 hours one week and 40 hours another - that shouldn't make them fulltime workers.

Please use plain text.