eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
*.shyne.*
Community Member

Re: Breaking News ~ Obama to speak to the country at 1:15 ET

in reply to arlinedak

I wasn't around when 911 happened and the shrub was in office. Did y'all comlain and blame the shrub? And were you all complaining when he sent in troops?? Just wondering whole lot of whinning going on here..

It's 2013.

What difference does it make? ~~Hillary Clinton

Remember Benghazi in 2016
Please use plain text.
*.shyne.*
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to fatquarters4sale

fatquarters4sale wrote:

Got to admit, our president is smart,  he gave the decision to  the " DO NOTHING CONGRESS" 

Yeah....weird, huh?

Why would he do that if this is an urgent, important situation?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to *.shyne.*

*.shyne.* wrote:

I wasn't around when 911 happened and the shrub was in office. Did y'all comlain and blame the shrub? And were you all complaining when he sent in troops?? Just wondering whole lot of whinning going on here..

It's 2013.

I'd wager that everything within 20 feet of that computer has had to be saliva-proofed.

Community Member

in reply to homophone2013

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
2155jeffrey
Community Member

in reply to arlinedak

Last time I checked president Bush had congress's ok to go into Iraq. , And he didn't shuffle his feet for a year + . He also didn't blow off any ambassadors getting killed. Last point When Pres. Bush said Yes or no he didn't mean maybe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My theory on life.
I don't regret previous decisions. I wouldn't be me as I am and even though my life is nowhere near perfect, I am absolutely content with where I am and where I was and where I will be even with life's hiccups.
Please use plain text.
lp_field
Community Member

:smileylol: Now I have to clean my computer screen..... :smileylol:

VANILLA, change the name of the Soapbox to the VANILLA box.....
Please use plain text.
stamphick!
Community Member

in reply to *.shyne.*

We can "see" them James, but the missles have to be programmed for a specific co-ordinate and they cannot account for a moving target

They can't hit a moving target, but they can actually be re-programmed even after launch. 

It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.-- Calvin Coolidge
Please use plain text.
sheba*
Community Member

To the topic in general:

BEIRUT — Syrian government forces pressed on with a military offensive in eastern Damascus on Thursday, bombing rebel-held suburbs where the opposition said the regime had killed over 100 people the day before in a chemical weapons attack.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/syrian_government_before_suburbs_OLS8IfzDg9babLcc3egJbP

Tonight, after a lull of five hours or so and just two minutes after Obama finished his speech, Syrian artillery opened up on rebel held suburbs.

It was their defiant answer to Obama.

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-08-31/regime-delighted-by-cracks-in-western-anti-assad-coalition/

cat photo undercovercat-1.jpg

Please use plain text.
stamphick!
Community Member

in reply to stamphick!

No one is sure where the attack came from,

Kerry claimed we have solid evidence as to where they came from.  I suspect we have actual photos of them being launched. 

It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.-- Calvin Coolidge
Please use plain text.
pdbposting
Community Member

in reply to arlinedak

arlinedak wrote:

So you're at least 11 years old?....Well that explains a lot

Thanks for the clarity :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Tolerance vs Acceptance.....Embrace the difference
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sheba*

If the polls are anywhere near accurate, and congress votes according to their constituents, Obama is not going to get his wish.

What Obama may want is not as important as what the country wants. Apparently, most of the country is getting a bit tired of Middle East politics and Muslim terrorists. Doesn't matter which side finally wins over there, as America will still suck in their eyes.

Community Member

in reply to stamphick!

stamphick! wrote:

We can "see" them James, but the missles have to be programmed for a specific co-ordinate and they cannot account for a moving target

They can't hit a moving target, but they can actually be re-programmed even after launch. 

Thanks Stamp...  I didin't know that.  I just read somewhere that they couldn't hit moving targets because of the programming.

kiss photo smilekisssmiley-1.gif

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

in reply to pdbposting

I am still 100% against us going into Syria or getting involved in their civil war.  However, if Obama obtains Congressional approval first, at least I won't be writing my Senator encouraging impeachment.

I have already sent Obama a letter telling him to stay out of Syria and that if he gets involved anyway without legal approval he should face impeachment.

At least I am consistent.

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
*.shyne.*
Community Member

in reply to bertrambabe2010

*blink*

Please use plain text.
fatquarters4sale
Community Member

in reply to *.shyne.*

*.shyne.* wrote:

fatquarters4sale wrote:

Got to admit, our president is smart,  he gave the decision to  the " DO NOTHING CONGRESS" 

Yeah....weird, huh?

Why would he do that if this is an urgent, important situation?

Nobody wants to go to war.  This way, our president can't be accused of turning a blind eye. 

He wants the people and politicians on his side.   That won't happen.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

I am still 100% against us going into Syria or getting involved in their civil war.  However, if Obama obtains Congressional approval first, at least I won't be writing my Senator encouraging impeachment.

I have already sent Obama a letter telling him to stay out of Syria and that if he gets involved anyway without legal approval he should face impeachment.

Consistent, but unwilling to answer simple questions. Your words, not mine.

Community Member

Agreed, I also plan on writing and/or calling my representatives expressing my concern about us engaging in any military action and stating my opposition to any such action.  I hope others will also voice their concerns to their elected officials.

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

homophone2013 wrote:

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

I am very willing to answer simple questions, but very unwilling to respond to demands for answers as though I am a naughty kid being scolded or to get into a word game with someone unable to discuss an issue without making it personal.

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
Community Member

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

homophone2013 wrote:

bertrambabe2010 wrote:

I am very willing to answer simple questions, but very unwilling to respond to demands for answers as though I am a naughty kid being scolded or to get into a word game with someone unable to discuss an issue without making it personal.

Asking you to "define who you say our enemies are" is a far cry from the scenario you are trying to make into another of your dramas. But, you just go ahead with your consistency.

Community Member

Nobody wants to go to war.  This way, our president can't be accused of turning a blind eye.

I'm not so sure about that.

Imo, I think he doesn't want to go down in history as being alone in starting what could be a complete breakdown of the fragile ME region.

He made a huge blunder a year ago......drawing a red line....and is now looking for a way to get out of it, while saving face.

Give it to Congress....they won't agree...and he has an out.

Please use plain text.