• Shop now
presprintandpub
Community Member

Re: Breaking News! Missing Malaysian Flight

in reply to tdziemianowicz

tdziemianowicz wrote:

Bump.

Yet, the Soapbox has clearly moved on.

Whaa?  Do we all have ADD?  It's still an event unparallelled in recent aviation history, though it incresingly resembles the Air France 447 incident with the mildly annoying difference of a lack of wreckage.

I have not lost interest. I watch CNN daily to see that the latest news is that there is no new news.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mrs*madea

mrs*madea wrote:

tdziemianowicz wrote:

Obama has moved on.

He's busy on the fundraising trail and has written it off along with the American passengers.

So it goes .......

I don't understand what the president has to do with the flight of a foreign airline? 

Maybe I'm missing something.  Wait ... another conspiracy!!??

Please use plain text.
mrs*madea
Community Member

tdziemianowicz wrote:

Obama has moved on.

He's busy on the fundraising trail and has written it off along with the American passengers.

So it goes .......

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nanapong1

Bump.

I find it interesting that certain things have not changed in 30 days:

- there is still no hard evidence (materiel/wreckage)

- there is still no strongly preferred scenario:  mechanical failure?  hijack/suicide?  pilot/suicide?

The main thing that has changed is that the wilder conspiracies have been ruled out (because of the electronic data):

- the plane was NOT hijacked to an Asian country that harbors terrorists (Pakistan/Afghanistan/Kazakhstan/Whateverstan) to be used later in a terrorist plot

- the plane DID NOT fly in the radar shadow of another aircraft for hundreds or thousands of miles to avoid detection

- the plane was NOT commandeered and landed at Diego Garcia so that U.S. intelligence agencies could debrief the non-existent Chineese engineers who are experts on radar avoidance technology

However, aliens may still have taken the plane, and thrown the black boxes into the Indian Ocean (still consistent with the evidence)

Whaa?  Do we all have ADD?  It's still an event unparallelled in recent aviation history, though it incresingly resembles the Air France 447 incident with the mildly annoying difference of a lack of wreckage.

Please use plain text.
nanapong1
Community Member

in reply to jisretired2010

There are dozens of characters in Chinese pronounced ping. The one meaning bottle is 瓶。

Please use plain text.
jisretired2010
Community Member

in reply to nanapong1

http://www.behindthename.com/name/ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring- it was peace. Milan Kundera -
Please use plain text.
nanapong1
Community Member

in reply to hellababy

A Ping has been detected. Black box or Chinese crew member..............?

Or it could be the Chinese found a bottle in the water. (Chinese word for bottle is ping).

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member

in reply to hellababy

`

Chinese ship hunting for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 detects 'ping'

Comments 0
Malaysia launches investigation into MH370 lossMalaysia launches investigation into MH370 loss
SummaryMalaysia launches investigation into MH370 loss

<:article>

A Chinese patrol ship hunting for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner detected a pulse signal in the south Indian Ocean on Saturday, the state news agency Xinhua reported, in a possible indicator of the underwater beacon from a plane's "black box".

A black box detector deployed by the vessel Haixun 01 picked up the "ping" signal at around 25 degrees south latitude and 101 degrees east longitude, according to Xinhua.

It has not been established whether the ping is related to Flight MH370, which went missing four weeks ago with 239 people aboard shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.

Xinhua further said a Chinese air force plane spotted a number of white floating objects in the search area.

Australian search authorities also said they had yet to verify whether the pulse signal was related to MH370.

Malaysia said earlier on Saturday it had begun a formal investigation into the jet's March 8 disappearance that would comprise experts from around the world, while the huge hunt for the Boeing 777 airliner intensified in the Indian Ocean.

Normally, a formal air safety investigation is not launched until wreckage is found. But there have been concerns that Malaysia's informal investigations to date have lacked the legal standing of an official inquiry convened under U.N. rules.

Authorities have not ruled out mechanical problems as a cause but say the evidence, including the loss of communications, suggests Flight MH370 was deliberately diverted thousands of kilometres (miles) from its scheduled route.

Defence and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein told a news conference that Australia, China, the United States, the United Kingdom and France had agreed to send representatives to take part in the investigation.

The extensive search and rescue operation has so far included assets from around 26 countries.

Under International Civil Aviation Organisation rules, the country where the aircraft is registered leads the investigation when the incident takes place in international waters.

A spokesman from the U.N. agency told Reuters that it received official notification of the accident on 28 March, meaning that the investigation was considered officially launched on that date.

Hishammuddin said that the investigation would be made up of three groups:

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jisretired2010

A Ping has been detected. Black box or Chinese crew member..............?

Please use plain text.
jisretired2010
Community Member

in reply to runaway2da

I am so hoping the Chinese ship has found the box....keeping fingers crossed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring- it was peace. Milan Kundera -
Please use plain text.
*jimmy1717*
Community Member

in reply to monman12

Get em!   :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
steppefjordwyfe10
Community Member

in reply to monman12

Yeah, that black box thing with only 30-day battery life, give or take a few, is woefully inadequate

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
― Ronald Reagan

"Guilty as sin, free as a bird" Bill Ayers

Please use plain text.
monman12
Community Member

As a retired RAF pilot/engineer I would hope that  consideration will now be applied to the use of ULBs attached to FDRs & CVRs used in civil aircraft that operate at a PRACTICAL detection  frequency.

The current civil ULBs work at 37.5 Khz. (why?) These have a detection range of about 3KM which is not much use in deep water, however,  towed sonar arrays can be used,   but the surface vessel has to travel at around 3 knots using special equipment operating at depths of up to a few Km.

The ULB frequency (37.5Khz)  can not be detected by the sophisticated anti-submarine equipment  used by many navies, whereas lower frequency ULB's  (readily available and in use) CAN BE  detected   by military vessels on the surface travelling at full speed!

=<10Khz ULB underwater detection range is approximately 10Km

=<4Khz  ULB  underwater detection range is approximately 25Km

I could attach an additional  modern low frequency ULB (<10Khz) to a FDR /CVR using  workshop facilities in a couple of hours.

The following paragraphs might indicate my anger/frustation at the inertia of ICAO and aircraft operators apropos this important aspect of flight safety, especially after the recommendations of the French authorities (and common sense) after the AF 447 Atlantic air crash and 2 year search for the FDR and CVR..

"It is sobering to rember that the French air accident investigators , after AF447 crashed in the Atlantic,  recommended that at least additional USBs should be carried that operated at lower audio frequencies. They are still not!"

The UK MOD have stipulated that their aircraft , in  addition to the standard civilian ultrasonic  ULBs,  (37.5 kHz),  must also carry a MOD version that operates at 9.6 kHz which has an increased detection range  of 10km, can be detected by any  military ship or submarine at high speed, and can be detected by anti submarine sensors including air dropped sonar detectors and helicopter dipping sonar. There is now a move to lower the military ULB frequency to 4KHz which will increase the detection range to 25km. and still be in the military location envelope.

Airbus Operations Hamburg March 5-6, 2014 Underwater Locator Beacon (ULB) Working Group
"The scope of this activity is limited to defining installation and maintenance
provisions for a Low Frequency Underwater Locator Beacon (LF-ULB) capable
of operating at 8.8 kHz and complying with SAE Documents "

ICAO  Amendment 36 to Annex 6 to the Chicago Convention  6.5.3 All aeroplanes on long-range over-water flights:

"at the earliest practicable date but not later than 1 January 2018, on all aeroplanes of a maximum certificated take-off mass of over 27 000 kg, a securely attached underwater locating device operating at a frequency of 8.8 kHz.

The current 37.5Khz ULB used by civil aircraft is only useful when the aircraft crash site is accurately  known, it is of no practical use in assisting authorities in an operational search .

John.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rebootusehammer

rebootusehammer wrote:

To bad little boy it is attributed to Jefferson and it will stay that way.

Jefferson Quotes:

http://jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu/TJ.html

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have ~Thomas Jefferson”

Ah yes, John Petrie.  The eminent Jefferson scholar.  How could I possibly have forgotten that.  Is that your nom de poubelle?

I totally get the notion of needing another person's quote in their sig to justify their opinions.  Yeah, I wish I was doing that with pithy made up quotes :smileywink:

Little man suits me well.  I'm 6'4" 240.

Please use plain text.
runaway2da
Community Member

in reply to katydidthat

katydidthat wrote:

I just came across this ... much of the information has been posted before, but there's a bit extra in this link:

http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/rothschild-inherits-a-semiconductor-patent-for-fre...

Sound like something out of Spielberg novel.

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Please use plain text.
katydidthat
Community Member

I just came across this ... much of the information has been posted before, but there's a bit extra in this link:

http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/rothschild-inherits-a-semiconductor-patent-for-fre...

**********************************Siggie***************************************

“Not even the apparently enlightened principle of the ‘greatest good for the greatest number’ can excuse indifference to individual suffering. There is no test for progress other than its impact on the individual.” Nye Bevan
Please use plain text.
rebootusehammer
Community Member

To bad little boy it is attributed to Jefferson and it will stay that way.

Jefferson Quotes:

http://jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu/TJ.html

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have ~Thomas Jefferson”

===========================
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson
===========================
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Please use plain text.
nanapong1
Community Member

in reply to capt.steel

Thanks Capt. I just wondered if they had some facts, or at least rumors that we didn't have here.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Quote first appeared in 1986.  I remember that Jefferson lived to a ripe old age ... didn't realize it was THAT old :smileyhappy:

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/democracy-will-cease-to-exist-quotation

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/j/jefferson-quotes.htm#.Uzt8_s6XY80

Please use plain text.
capt.steel
Community Member

in reply to nanapong1

Nana - I think this goes back to a couple weeks ago when the families had issued a statement where the inferred that the Malaysian government or airline were as responsible (I think they called them killers or murderers in that statement) for the victims on the plane as much as whatever actually went wrong or happened.  I don't remember the wording, but it was an extreme condemnation of the authorities.  

So I think this may be what the protest signs are referring to. 

~
Please use plain text.