• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
ipickubuy
Community Member

Re: Babysitting my niece

in reply to bronx-dog

I don't know, Bronx, can we?  You tell me.  

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to ipickubuy

Yes, yes, yes... you are right,

everyone else is wrong.

Can we move on now?

Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to ipickubuy

Hidy-Hoo, one question in regard to your post #28.

Were you using this id when you sent me the PM or another?  Research...

********************************************************************************

Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to ipickubuy

bronx-dog wrote:

No Thanks. The last time I tried that, you claimed on several threads,

that you were being cyber-harassed by email... Not leaving myself

open to that.

You always start something to get a reaction. When you get the very

reaction you wanted, you claim that it is you that is being insulted.

Why can't you play nice? You got what you wanted, enjoy it.

Your choice, Bronx, but I don't write the words in your emails - you do.  

I didn't start this, Bronx.

Are we playing?  That's news to me.

Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to ipickubuy

My PM to you telling you that I was not going to ignore you is not important at all - I was referring to your last PM to me, which wasn't very nice.

I did not see myself in your poems - and that is the point - I find it very offensive for someone to make accusations on a public board about a "unknown and un-named person" accusing them of horrible "unknown but not specified" actions - thereby casting suspicion on all who post on that board.

OMA is right - I am being childish by responding to you.  You have made it clear that you are right and I am wrong.

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

hidy-hoo wrote:

In Reply To:  Ipick

I do not have your email address.  The last time that you sent me a PM was in response to my PM to you, where I very politely tried to explain to you why your "poems" were not appropriate nor appreciataed - because you made veiled accusatons about un-named posters, which, in essence, cast a shadow over all of the regular Part Time Board posters.  Your response, which I won't post here, has been adhered to.

2 months ago, after much consideration on my part, and hoping for the best, for the sake of "kumbaya" on the board, at bronx-dog's suggestion, we decided to take a different tact on the word game and I let you know that decision.

If, what you consider an insult, was tossed, I would suggest that you look at your remark suggesting that I posted a picture of child abuse and then following that up with a link that supposedly supported your view.  

Fortunately, I don't let my pride get in the way if I have made a mistake in one of my posts, I acknowledge the fact. If I unintentionally offend someone in one of my posts, I am quick to apologize on the board and in full view.  I find that if I consider all aspects of a situation, it may benefit me to change my view or opinion, and I will let that fact be known.

In a past post that is still standing - you offered a "white flag" regarding a "dark period" on the board - it wasn't exactly an apology, but in my book, it was enough - if you go back and find that post, you will see that I was the first person to respond - and my response was "YES" - let's start over.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen and the "dark period" continued.

Our views on what is right and wrong may be dramatically different, but I find that it works best for me if I don't continually point out

The last PM I received from you was "informing"me that you weren't going to ignore me anymore on the word game.   And that was important why?  

My poems spoke for themselves, still do, and if you saw yourself in my poems... and that made you angry... well, what can I say.  

Yes, our views seem to be different, but I don't go around insulting you.  This time, I pointed out a certain photo you posted because I see it as depicting child abuse.  My post was not chastising you personally, it was comments on that photo.  And my feelings about that pic have not changed.  I see nothing comical about that photo.  

As for the link I posted, I think others can access the info for themselves, including the comments.

Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Let's just hope that Uncle doesn't show this child the Phartie Phorum.

That would only prove what all children know...

Adults are Childish!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

komokwa wrote:

hidy-hoo wrote:

If one would read the OP's post carefully, rather than jumping to conclusions, I think you would find that papa set up an account for his niece to browse - he clearly states that they did not fill out the paypal portion, and that he will be using his account for purchases.

IMO, exposing 16 year olds to new experiences is a great idea as it opens up their minds to new ideas - sure, they will need some guidance - but what a great age to teach them that a very narrow minded, black and white view of the world is counter productive.  

I apologise for getting testy over a post that was not directed in my direction.

(((((komo)))))heart emo.gif  Thank you - It,s OK to agree to disagree!

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to ipickubuy

In Reply To:  Ipick

I do not have your email address.  The last time that you sent me a PM was in response to my PM to you, where I very politely tried to explain to you why your "poems" were not appropriate nor appreciataed - because you made veiled accusatons about un-named posters, which, in essence, cast a shadow over all of the regular Part Time Board posters.  Your response, which I won't post here, has been adhered to.

2 months ago, after much consideration on my part, and hoping for the best, for the sake of "kumbaya" on the board, at bronx-dog's suggestion, we decided to take a different tact on the word game and I let you know that decision.

If, what you consider an insult, was tossed, I would suggest that you look at your remark suggesting that I posted a picture of child abuse and then following that up with a link that supposedly supported your view.  

Fortunately, I don't let my pride get in the way if I have made a mistake in one of my posts, I acknowledge the fact. If I unintentionally offend someone in one of my posts, I am quick to apologize on the board and in full view.  I find that if I consider all aspects of a situation, it may benefit me to change my view or opinion, and I will let that fact be known.

In a past post that is still standing - you offered a "white flag" regarding a "dark period" on the board - it wasn't exactly an apology, but in my book, it was enough - if you go back and find that post, you will see that I was the first person to respond - and my response was "YES" - let's start over.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen and the "dark period" continued.

Our views on what is right and wrong may be dramatically different, but I find that it works best for me if I don't continually point out

Please use plain text.
roh1034
Community Member

in reply to 123papapatrick

Uncle, please just make sure that child knows you love her.  That's what she needs.

Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to ipickubuy

Okay, this post might be reported and removed.  So be it.  

Bronxdog and Hidy-Hoo.  Let's take this off the forums for more discussion.  You both have my email address as we have communicated that way before.   Enough of the insults being tossed in my direction because I voiced an opinion of a pic.  If you want to say something to me, then say it outright in an email.  You've never had a problem doing that before and neither have I.  

Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

komokwa wrote:

hidy-hoo wrote:

If one would read the OP's post carefully, rather than jumping to conclusions, I think you would find that papa set up an account for his niece to browse - he clearly states that they did not fill out the paypal portion, and that he will be using his account for purchases.

IMO, exposing 16 year olds to new experiences is a great idea as it opens up their minds to new ideas - sure, they will need some guidance - but what a great age to teach them that a very narrow minded, black and white view of the world is counter productive.  

I apologise for getting testy over a post that was not directed in my direction.

I think it was aimed in my direction, Komo.  :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

hidy-hoo wrote:

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to old_man_arthur

bronx-dog wrote:

So true, Arthur, so true. My dad was a huge imposing man. My friends always said,

"I bet you don't want to have him **bleep** at you". I was more terrified of having my five

foot nothing mom upset with me. She could wield a wooden spoon like a freakin ninja.

And for the sake of the resident expert on child abuse, it's the way it was back then.

I know all about paddling and the way things used to be.  As for child abuse, you don't need to be an expert to know it when you see it.   

Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to old_man_arthur

Ever see one of these?  My Mom would buy these from roadside gift shops... and use them.

deer

And wooden spoons, too.

And wade into a crowd of rowdy, fighting kids.

Back in the day it was okay to hit your neighbors kids too.

We were taught to obey all of the neighborhood parents.

Yeah yeah... That's was back in the mean-old 60's.

Kinda back on topic.  When I was 16 you were expected to go find a JOB if you wanted money.

At 16 you were expected to be a Grown-Up.  People got Married at 16.

And when you were 18 you were expected to get outta the house.

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines... or College, cuz you ain't living Here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

When I was a kid we had to walk to school to buy drugs and get laid... Barefoot, uphill both ways.

And the REAL problem with kids these days is that the parent don't beat them enough.

If I ain't skeered of getting a woopin' why would I care what you think?  You're just OLD.

Every kid gets a smart phone with web surfing.

When I was a kid we had one phone, I had to ask to use it, 5 minute time limit.

He that spareth his rod hateth his son;  but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

(proverbs 13:24)

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Yea my kids thought having a inside bathroom without a hot tub was child abuse.They didn't know how lucky they were to not have to use a out house or bath in the creek out back! Kids today!!!!   fvfv

I personally would never let anyone elses kids use my computer.Not even my nieces or nephews.Too many problems can happen aside from all my personal info that is not anyone else business except mine and my husbands.I don't even let my adult kids use my comp,,if they need to check somethign when here they use the main desk top that doesn't have anything but basic things on it.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to scga912

scga912 wrote:

Hidy - you don't need a PayPal account to bid or buy on eBay unless the seller has those restrictions.

The cause for concern ..... and it is a legitimate one.... is the "linking" because of the shared computer.  How many posts are out there where people were linked to a roommate, a relative, or someone in a different state/country with no relation??  If her account gets violations, then his does.  It's simply just too risky with the stringent rules and the inability to un-link them once done.

I agree 100%, Suzanne, and it is a very good point and one that should be considered by everyone who sells and has an eBay account!  At least your post added some good information and was more than just a negative comment without any humor.

But, good golly, everyone - I read papa's post as a light hearted attempt to point out the frustration of living with a 16 year old and not a plea for a serious conversation on how papa and his nieces parents are handling the situation.  I am a glass half full kind of girl and would rather err on the positive side than the negative side - but, that's just me.

Please use plain text.
scga912
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Hidy - you don't need a PayPal account to bid or buy on eBay unless the seller has those restrictions.

The cause for concern ..... and it is a legitimate one.... is the "linking" because of the shared computer.  How many posts are out there where people were linked to a roommate, a relative, or someone in a different state/country with no relation??  If her account gets violations, then his does.  It's simply just too risky with the stringent rules and the inability to un-link them once done.

** - Suzanne - **
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to marraloo

More than some !!!!!

They raised her !

But at the moment the focus is on how to help Patrick..........short of locking the kid in her room with a Justin Beiber poster and a pizza !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.