• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
ipickubuy
Community Member

Re: Babysitting my niece

in reply to ipickubuy

And I was never abused as a child.

*********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

komokwa wrote:

2 kudos, my foot!

Grrrrr!!

Yada, Yada...

whereslunch2.jpg

No, it ain't the same game.  Yes, it is contrived.

And I don't play Angry Birds, Candy Crush, or online Sudoku either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy Ovation Legend Elite 1735

photo 90f90edb-1db0-4423-a53e-e4e41ad9762f_zps40ea60e6.jpg
Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to 123papapatrick

Just a reminder...

123papapatrick wrote:

My sister went on vacation and dumped a teenage terrorist on my doorstep. Going to be slow in responding to comments, questions this month because she has taken over my computer. When she is not on the computer she is snooping around in my eBay stuff. For some reason Uncle Patrick is suppose to just give her free stuff? Helped her set up an eBay account so she could buy her own stuff but when we got to the paypal part she claims Uncle Patrick can use his account. Her logic is Uncle Patrick doesn't need a dresser drawer full of jewelry or pretty sculptures. Pray for me I have two weeks left?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy Ovation Legend Elite 1735

photo 90f90edb-1db0-4423-a53e-e4e41ad9762f_zps40ea60e6.jpg
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to old_man_arthur

Hi, Arthur - Here's the scoop on the word game - The "best little word game on the boards" was, as you stated, based on a funny post by tinkerbel, the title of which was "Fees on Shipping" and her one word post of "Bites" - Bronx-dog jumped in with "mosquito" - and the game took off.

When Live World was monitoring the eBay Community, and for whatever reason, there was a 10,000 post limit on each thread - the game exceeded that number, so Live World choose to eliminate/delete the first 2000 posts.  Knowing that we would be facing the same situation of having another 2000 posts deleted within a few months (we are a prolific bunch!)  was one of the considerations when making the decision to start, what I consider, a continuation of the word game.  Komo stepped up to the plate and started the continuation of the old word game.

The other, and probably more significant reason, was the fact that the old word game was also ruined for many because a particular poster choose to use it as her personal space for airing her personal feelings on "unnamed" posters - which kinda ruined the "fun and happy and creative" vibe that the word game was known for.  Because of this negative turn of events, it was decided that the whole word game thread should be deleted, and it was, during the transition to the new platform.  Tink has given her blessing to the new game and plays on the rare occasions that she is on the board - I miss her!

The "word game" is supposed to be a sanctuary - a place to get away from it all - a "Calgon, take me away" place, and NOT a place to make  comments about someone else's choice of a word or a picture.  The "new" word game is now experiencing "deja vu" - what a shame that history is repeating itself!

Arthur, you are hereby invited to stop by and play our game - maybe you will find it fun - or maybe you will still feel that is is contrived - which is fine, as everyone is entitled to their opinions - but most posters know, or at the very least, should know, where and when to post them, which you do.  I also would like to invite papapatric and his niece to stop by and play - maybe it would keep her busy for a while!!

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to old_man_arthur

Yes , it is the exact same game

No , it's not contrived

But you don't go there so you wouldn't know that !

I'm thinking..... SOUR GRAPES !!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

About the new word game, I do play the game (and many other word games) and I would like to believe that the op of the new word game meant what he said in the title:  All Welcome.  Sometimes, speaking only for myself, that hasn't been the case, but I can't blame that on the op.  As for the new word game being contrived... that thought had also entered my mind.  I don't know the answer for sure.  I hope not.  

*********************************************************************************

Please use plain text.
bluemountainretailers
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Sour Grapes - Wine!

a

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

in reply to sineaterdoodah

sineaterdoodah wrote:

uumm....apparently you don't realize that all these posts are why threads get shut down,and boards get locked down?

this is the kind of behavior that belongs on the soapbox,or an outside board,y'all.

if you choose to disrespect each other,fine. but don't destroy this place while you do it,okay?

you're walking a fine line here. lithium WILL shut you down,and during the day,mods do actually READ the boards,it's not just being reported anymore.

please be careful,i like this board,and i'd miss being able to chat,if it went on lockdown.

AND you ALL should know that other boards ARE getting OT threads locked again,like the bookseller board,and the joolie board.

DON'T make yourselves a target,PLEASE???????

Sin,  sometimes it is better to let it stand, atleast for awhile.   It's easier to assess the situation when you can read it in context.  

Please use plain text.
123papapatrick
Community Member

in reply to kansas_gal06

Niece got a call from her mother last night and overheard through closed doors that Uncle Patrick is a selfish pig and refuses to lissen to anything reasonable. So, I went to bed and closed the door. When I get up this morning I expected her bedroom a mess, garbage overflowing, dinner dishes still in sink; but insted found coffee made, dishes done, garbage taken out, room kinda clean and my niece is outside sweeping the patio. First thought, the brat broke something expensive. Searched the house, nothing missing or broken. So, I ignore the obvious change from demonized child to angel and she comes into the TV room apologizing for disrespecting me. Then she takes my coffee cup and refills it and goes outside to read a book; this girl was foot stomping and pacing when I took the computer back, now she is reading a book outside? So, I go outside and ask what are you reading? She smiles and says it's my book; Robin Hood by Howard Pyle, then giggles. Not funny, so I go back inside and double check my stuff and as I'm checking I hear the washing machine kick on? Total transformation and says yes sir, no sir, excuse me, I'm sorry, from your a pig, I hate you, you never lissen, all overnight and one phone call from her mother. If my Cadillac wasn't in the garage she would of probably washed it. Tonight she cleared the plates and washed the dishes; yesterday she threw the napkin on the floor and walked away saying my dinner sucked. Think she is trying to "kill me with kindness" or something?  

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

123papapatrick wrote:

Niece got a call from her mother last night and overheard through closed doors that Uncle Patrick is a selfish pig and refuses to lissen to anything reasonable. So, I went to bed and closed the door. When I get up this morning I expected her bedroom a mess, garbage overflowing, dinner dishes still in sink; but insted found coffee made, dishes done, garbage taken out, room kinda clean and my niece is outside sweeping the patio. First thought, the brat broke something expensive. Searched the house, nothing missing or broken. So, I ignore the obvious change from demonized child to angel and she comes into the TV room apologizing for disrespecting me. Then she takes my coffee cup and refills it and goes outside to read a book; this girl was foot stomping and pacing when I took the computer back, now she is reading a book outside? So, I go outside and ask what are you reading? She smiles and says it's my book; Robin Hood by Howard Pyle, then giggles. Not funny, so I go back inside and double check my stuff and as I'm checking I hear the washing machine kick on? Total transformation and says yes sir, no sir, excuse me, I'm sorry, from your a pig, I hate you, you never lissen, all overnight and one phone call from her mother. If my Cadillac wasn't in the garage she would of probably washed it. Tonight she cleared the plates and washed the dishes; yesterday she threw the napkin on the floor and walked away saying my dinner sucked. Think she is trying to "kill me with kindness" or something?  

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic
The mother must have said something to her. that got through
Patrick.....enjoy the next 2 weeks !!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
katydidthat
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Greetings, Interplanetary Visitors.  Your spaceship has been diverted and has landed on the Soapbox.  

Welcome.  

While we do not speak your dialect, we have an elementary understanding of your language.  

Help yourselves to tea and coffee, wine and spirits will be available later.  A smorgasbord dinner is being served on the tables next to the left doorway.  If you start on the sushi, please finish it, or dispose of the remains in a genteel manner.  We are aware that raw fish is not to everyone's taste.  

“Not even the apparently enlightened principle of the ‘greatest good for the greatest number’ can excuse indifference to individual suffering. There is no test for progress other than its impact on the individual.” Nye Bevan
Please use plain text.
blue_eyes_james
Community Member

in reply to katydidthat

The calls are coming from INSIDE the house! Get out of there!

photo noweaintgottimeforboring.jpg
Please use plain text.
artfulcreations4all
Community Member

in reply to blue_eyes_james

I wonder how long this poor bear was left to sit there waiting for his lunch to be served? angry.gif

original.jpg

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"--Anatole France
Please use plain text.
artfulcreations4all
Community Member

in reply to sineaterdoodah

sineaterdoodah wrote:

uumm....apparently you don't realize that all these posts are why threads get shut down,and boards get locked down?

this is the kind of behavior that belongs on the soapbox,or an outside board,y'all.

if you choose to disrespect each other,fine. but don't destroy this place while you do it,okay?

you're walking a fine line here. lithium WILL shut you down,and during the day,mods do actually READ the boards,it's not just being reported anymore.

please be careful,i like this board,and i'd miss being able to chat,if it went on lockdown.

AND you ALL should know that other boards ARE getting OT threads locked again,like the bookseller board,and the joolie board.

Jeez, Sin, you're everywhere!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"--Anatole France
Please use plain text.
artfulcreations4all
Community Member

in reply to artfulcreations4all

I wonder if they'll be embarassed when they find out we've all been eavesdropping in on their infighting? (Snicker).

Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

artfulcreations4all wrote:

I wonder if they'll be embarrassed when they find out we've all been eavesdropping in on their infighting? (Snicker).

And the answer to that question would be a resounding YES.  I can't speak for the other posters on this thread, but I am horrified that I, once again, could not ignore the person that accused me of posting pictures of child abuse and that I thought that they were funny.  This could not be further from the truth.

If anyone would care to check the link provided by my accuser which she says supports her accusations - you will see that the picture in question had nothing to do with the arrest of the child abusing couple, as this person said it did, but was posted by a participant in a discussion about the case and had quite a few comments, none of which said that it was child abuse.  The picture was posted on a word game for crying out loud, in reply to the word "tape", my word being "sticky" - give me a break and keep your righteous attitude out of a friendly word game.

I have not been able to follow the excellent advice of a very smart poster on the numerous occasions that this poster has stirred the pot on the PT board - that advice being - Don't Feed The Dog.  In the future, that will be my number 1 priority.  With that being said, I will now slink back to my little corner of the world.

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
123papapatrick
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

(The mother must have said something to her. that got through
Patrick.....enjoy the next 2 weeks !!)

Called my sister and she claims nothing was said and all she did was agree with her daughter that Uncle Patrick (me) is a grumpy old man who never let anyone play with his toys. They're teaming up on me!

Please use plain text.
sineaterdoodah
Community Member

sineaterdoodah wrote:

Jeez, Sin, you're everywhere!

i know,it's awful,isn't it? lol!! like the song says,i've got too much time on my hands!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
ipickubuy
Community Member

I wonder if they'll be embarassed when they find out we've all been eavesdropping in on their infighting? (Snicker).

Please enlighten us all, Art.  

Please use plain text.