cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Nah Shirls, you keep right on talking about your leisure - I like hearing about it and you deserve it!  Besides, you keep busy enough for a couple of people!

I'm so glad we don't have to take our recycling in - they pick it up right at the curb.  Don't even have to sort it, just toss it all in one big bin.  It's nice that they also have us putting food scraps in the yard waste bin - haven't needed my garbage disposal in a long time, everything goes in the bin.

Up way too early on a Saturday - it must be nap time soon.

But, it was so pretty yesterday!  Ice cream season is almost upon us!

ice cream - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 121 of 3,155
latest reply

Those kitties are enjoying their 'scream'.  Looks good doesn't it?

I'll chat more tomorrow.  Got a gastrointestinal thingy going on and not been feeling too hot the past couple of daysSmiley Sad  Myah has been such good company.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 122 of 3,155
latest reply

Aw Shirls, sorry you're feeling  pukey!  Cats are great when you don't feel good, they just love to cudddle up and purr on you.

My quiet weekend turned into a not so quiet weekend but I got a lot done!  That always makes me feel better but now I'm up at 4 a.m. and not happy about it!

Oh well, I'll get to work early this am and see how much I can get done before the hordes arrive.

Hope you feel better soon Shirls!

purramedic - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 123 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Rootie and Shirls.

This might as well be a cat thread.

I'm so broken, puter woes BIG time.....told ya Shirls, somewhere, about how certain I was that I would be having problems going from vista to windows 7.

Ok, so when you buy a new pc, you don't get a restore disc anymore. It is provided on your hard drive for you to burn.

Well, I did this ( the burning of the restore files) some looong time ago and can't locate it.

Went to burn another copy and was not able to...later found out I could only do this one time....bummer.

So I had the restore files still on the hard drive, so I tried to restore the pc, it formatted my hard drive then told me my system had a configuration error. I can't find any info on HP's website.

I also ordered a restore disc from a 3rd party as HP said I might have to do...same issues.

I'm running into software proprietary issues.

The restore discs that I have states your pc (hardware wise) should be close as can be to original hardware specs.

So I removed the graphic card that I had installed, the cpu cooler fan and also some memory..the only thing that I did not do was put back in the original  cpu, because it's fried .

So I'm thinking by all that I have recently read, it will not restore without the original chip.

That particular chip is really cheap, so I think I'll buy another one and then swap it out for the faster chip if the pc is able to do the restore then.

Before I tried the OS upgrade and was doing hardware upgrades, the stupid system detected that I replaced my cpu cooler fan and locked my system down with no way of adjusting anything in the BIOS.   I did later find a way around it by pressing F2 as it booted.

This computer is not going to fit the bill anyway for HD video editing if I do get it going (which I think I will) the motherboard only supports 8gb of ram and I need @ least 16gb, my homework was not done properly.  Five bills down the drain, what hurts more is all the time wasted. Smiley Sad

I am looking for that bad boy right now.......more research needed, much more.....

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 124 of 3,155
latest reply

Getting back to the cat thread, and since I'm on a different pc ( XP pc with major boot problems also) I'm sooo lucky...NOT.

Sorry cats..yeah,that's the ticket....

I want to share a pic here of my fav cat, Winky.

Winky ran away shortly after I started rescuing cats, it was a major invasion after 14yrs of her being the only cat, and maybe one scrap too many..she was a rescue also.

I found her around a big dumpster in a condo development I was living in, eons ago.

It's been over two yrs, I have five other loving cats but I really miss this one and think about her all the time.

I still have a lost cat flyer hanging in my PH, on the flyer has...heart broken child...do you know who that could be???

Here she is..........

IMG_0580.JPG

You will never be forgotten.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 125 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm so bummed right now, everything is going wrong.

I'll prolly feel better tomorrow, but my tomorrow will really be still today because I haven't gone to bed yet and when I awake it will still be today and not tomorrow....woe is me.

Message 126 of 3,155
latest reply

Hope you're feeling better Shirls!  GI stuff is no fun at all.

Gorgeous day yesterday - almost 70 and sunny!  Back to rain today.

Got a ton of work to do today - let's see how much I actually get done. 

I suppose I ought to get myself in gear and actually go to work.  Be a good day to work from home though.

sick - Copy.jpg

Message 127 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for vacations 🙂

hammock.jpg

Message 128 of 3,155
latest reply

@markedward65 wrote:

I'm so bummed right now, everything is going wrong.

I'll prolly feel better tomorrow, but my tomorrow will really be still today because I haven't gone to bed yet and when I awake it will still be today and not tomorrow....woe is me.

Smiley LOL  I resemble that remark!

You know, I understand every bit of what you said, Mark.   Hang in there; this too shall pass.  I have also learned it does not pay to beat yourself up. 

Message 129 of 3,155
latest reply

Also wanted to say that Winky is such a sweety.  Pretty as a picture.

Rootie ~  That little kitteh in the bed is adorable!!  Wouldn't you just want to wait on it hand and foot(paw)?  Or get in with it?  What a cutie!  Both those kitties are cute and thanks for posting them.  Makes me feel better just to look at them(joy).

Not sure what I have going on, but just not back to par yet.  I don't like idea of going to the doctor just yet.  Had the colonoscopy not that long ago, so that rules out a few things I thought of.  Appendicitis does not occur that often in people my age, but it does happen.  It's that tenderness thing and rebound pain that makes me wonder...hmmmm.  OR I have been eating way too many VERY hot peppersSmiley LOL and I have some seeds stuck in all those little folds.......arrrgh.

We had snow today!!  Looked out the window and it was a total white-out!  Snowed off and on the entire morning.  Supposed to get down to around 20* tonight.  Our trees and shrubs are getting their buds and tiny leaves on, so am afraid they are going to be 'hurt'.  We have an American Redbud that blooms first before it sets leaves and it was full of budsSmiley Mad  This weather just makes me want to spit.   About 5 years ago we had a hard freeze in April.  It just devastated the trees.  They were 100% leafed out.  After that freeze the leaes looked like cooked spinach hanging from the branches.  Our city forrester said that if the tree roots had enough energy store, the trees would completely re-leaf themselves(which they did).  But, he said the damage would not show up for several years down the road and some of the trees would probably die.  We had a severe drought that summer to top it off and sure enough, we did lose one of oldest and prettiest trees last year.   So, here we go again.  Another day in paradise...Smiley Frustrated

Four ~  I think a vaycay in paradise sounds about right

Message 130 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning!

Shirls, so glad you are feeling somewhat better!  You sure you didn't just tie one on?  <insert grinny smiley>

Your weather is seriously whacked - we've just been alternating between rain and sunshine lately.  But it's almost 50 already this am so it should be a decent day.

Woo hoo!  I slept in until 5 this morning!  Don't have to be at work until 8 so I get to drink my coffee slowly instead of gulping it down while I get dressed.  Hey, it's the little things that count!

Massive landslide north of us, still finding bodies - very sad.  Strange what Mother Nature throws at us.

Have a great day!

skittles - Copy.jpg

Message 131 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, I don't know whose cornflakes I 'ruined',  but I must have done a number on them.  Gut is a little better, but my neck is so painful today.  I can hardly turn it from one side to the other. I can hardly look down as well. It has never been this bad.  And to top that off, my left hip is just about as whacked out.  Needless to say if I had any humor left it is GONE for sure!  DH had to install an update to this computer tonight and you would have thought he just did some major task.  I came in here later to see what he installed and it was not what he claimed. I think he just wanted to pick at me about something.  I won't tell him that I know how to check to see what has been installedSmiley LOL  Said he was ready for a vacation.  That means I get one too thenSmiley LOL

Just another day in paradise.

The kitty with the rainbow regurge reminds me of Mitzi hurling over the arm of the sofa.  Too bad she did not hurl rainbows.

I have been meaning to ask you about that mudslide.  Heard some places it was 60 ft. deep.  Just too horrible to imagine when you hear about all the people who are not accounted for.   I am happy to awaken to 20*.

Glad you got some sleep and had a little more leisure this morning while getting ready for work.  Hope the rest of your day went as well.

Message 132 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh Shirls, that does not sound like fun at all!  I hate neck issues, so very painful and you know, you have to move your neck all day long.  Hope you're on the mend soon.

Too funny about dh - some people!  I need a vacation too.  When are the goblins marching again?

That mudslide is just awful - those poor people, it hurts just to watch it on the news.  Hopefully they will get everyone accounted for soon.

I would have gotten a lot of work done yesterday if it wasn't for the pesky boss and clients.  Can't they tell I'm trying to work?  <insert grinning smiley>

The Queen has this attitude, even as an adult!

better than you - Copy.jpg

Message 133 of 3,155
latest reply

Everything is still going wrong with the remodeling but 10 hrs sleep really cured me and it's back to......everyday's a holiday.Smiley Happy

Shirls, I had no idea you were having back and neck pains. Is it possible you're pregnant? **starts whistling (not quite sure why)**

Being pals I looked up your symptoms and came to that conclusion ^^^.

Regardless, I hope it goes away real soon. (((Shirls))).

Message 134 of 3,155
latest reply

Not at my age MarkSmiley LOL  But then again, remember what happened to Abraham and Sarah.  It is just age and a bad chiropractor from several years back.  10 hours sleep sounds great to me.  I get about 6-7hrs avg per night and some days I don't think it's enough.  As fast as time goes by I can't afford to be sleeping long hoursSmiley Happy

Neck is a bit better.  I need to be careful how I sleep at night(which pillow I use). It is back to where it was before I started all the neck excercises.  It does not do me any good to sit at this computer because it really starts to ache then.  Hip is much better.  There are times that I think stress agravates joint issues.  Causes an inflammatory response(in more ways than one):smileylol:  And maybe the goblins are about to march again

Was in the 50's today and windy as all get out.  It is a downpour of rain right now.  Tomorrow may get into the 70's and then the possibility of storms later in the night.

The news has a couple of items that are hard to watch.  The mudslide and the plane that 'disappeared'.  I just can't imagine what those passengers were going through from the time the plane changed it's course and when it went down.Smiley Sad

Message 135 of 3,155
latest reply