cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

I think those laws fit Rootie pretty good.  She has acquired a lot of stuff in the short time she has been here.  Her favorites are a little stuffed moose with squeek, a little stuffed turtle, 2 of Myah's toys, one of my little nurse teddy bears,  and a chew bone that she keeps trying to 'bury' near her bed.

I think Myah has backed off & may even be a little afraid of Rootie now.  Rootie seems to be the one with the property issues.  She growls and tries to 'take' Myah if she comes too close.  I'm hoping they will soon work this out.  They both are jealous of each other if one or the other is getting attention from me.  Like having kids.

I got the tree up in doll room today.  That is the only decorating I have done so far. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1246 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like Rootie has made herself right at home!  I need to get my pup a new squeeky toy - she's managed to kill the squeaker in hers.

I did very little decorating this year - got my Christmas cupboard up, outside lights around the front window and some garland and lights and stockings on the mantle and that's it.

I am so glad it's Friday.  Let's see if I can get enough done to not have to work this weekend.  I am so tired.  I kind of feel like the cat:

hBC198E58.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1247 of 3,155
latest reply

If I don't get any more decorum up, I won't worry about it.

It was chilly this morning.  Even had a few snow flurries and those little ice crystal things.

Vistited with my cuz on the phone today.   Enjoyed that very much.

I just remembered I need to get the Calderetta in the fridgeSmiley Surprised

Message 1248 of 3,155
latest reply

Yikes!  Ended up at work for 16 hours Friday, then worked from home most of the weekend.  Think I need a vacation.

Did manage to sneak out Saturday and get errands done - nothing fun, mostly for home repair projects (the toliet is squealing and driving me insaner).

Did get really good chocolates this weekend from a friend - good chocolate makes me happy.

No snow here yet although they said maybe around Christmas Day we might get some.  Mostly rain but we did get a few sunbreaks over the weekend.

Hm... I think that's about it.  So much excitement!

As long as the fairies have their decorations you are good.  Wouldn't want to make the fairies mad.

Look at that face!

hB5024538.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1249 of 3,155
latest reply

Had a pretty good weekend.  Don't remember anything dynamic about it; it was just good.

Rainy today and I did get more Christmas decorum up!!  It's starting to feel a little more like Christmas! 

Nothing much else.  Had a phone call from a lady who wanted to pick up the 2 hats I was supposed to have made for her. She's all in a panic as she needs them for christmas. WHAT??!!   Actually, I had sold 2 shopping bags to her late last spring.  A friend of mine had made them and thought would try my luck in selling some for her.  OK, this lady wanted A red bag.  Friend told me to tell her to go to walmart, pick out the color and name of yarn/brand, let her know and she would make the bag.  OK.  Lady doesn't get back to me in a week or so,  I remind the lady.  She says she hasn't done it yet, but she'd get around to it and let me know.  OK, so it is about 7 months later (we figured she wasn't interested so said forget it apparently she is not interested). 7 months later she wants HATS NOW!!!

Message 1250 of 3,155
latest reply

WOW - some lady was experiencing an overload at Christmas, wasn't she?  Was she planning on wearing the shopping bags on her head?

Talking maybe some snow before Christmas - that would be nice.  Especially if it came on Wednesday night/Thursday a.m.  We're getting lots of snow in the mountains which makes the skiiers happy.

Someone dropped off a whole bunch of presents for us.  I've run out of room in the cabinet for them.  Guess I'll just have to open them early.  Right?

Christmas Eve foray?  We can wear Santa hats!

e5f2b1d88a54bb73d7a89f9d1f0b13a6.jpg

Message 1251 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep.  She was wound a little tightSmiley Very Happy

We are breaking records around here for warm temperatures.  In the 70's tomorrow, but that comes with bad weather.  Hail, high winds, tornadoes, and torrential downpours.  Same for Christmas day!!  I think Christmas Eve will be our best night for that foray!  If we fly around here, you may be able to dress light.

I'll bring ice for our drinks. 

Decided to do a little computer maintenance tonight and it took longer than I thought.  Maybe should do it more often? ha!

Deboxed a new doll tonight while waiting....her hair is a huge mess.  No wonder I see so many listed on ebaySmiley Very Happy  Also discovered the dress is sewn on....hate that.  I think I'll stick with faeries and call it a day.  Oh, speaking of them, they heard the word foray........

Message 1252 of 3,155
latest reply

Crazy weather!  No snow yet this morning, but it's still early.

Didn't mean to excite the fairies - are they prepping their outfits?  I have really cute Christmas socks this year that I will wear!

Have to go pick up a pie after work tonight - being lazy about baking this year and since it's just the two of us....  Have a ham and will have potatoes and brussell sprouts.  Think I got it covered.  Maybe pick up some bagels for breakfast.

But first - work, work, work, work, work.....

be0f42ebc901fafde8f800af23986ba5.jpg

Message 1253 of 3,155
latest reply

Aww, poor wittle kitty.  Can't Santa find a place for him?

It's just now soaking in.  16 hours on Friday?  You must have been delirious.

Fairies are always ready.  Right now they are having a disagreement about who gets to sleep in the new fairy bed.

Maybe i will wear a pair of my neon socks.  I'll bring a couple of chemsticks to have a little fun with.

Was going to get a haircut today, but had the hours mixed up when my gal was working.  I'm getting tired of this short cut.  I like it short, but need a new style.

I think we missed all the bad weather.  Went around and to the north and the other system stayed south and east of us.  Plenty of tornado warnings in those areas though.

We are having ham too.  Of course have to have sweet taters.  I'm making mac n' cheese.  Sounded good for some reason.  Rolls, dressing, green bean cassarole, and pie.  Think that's enough?

Message 1254 of 3,155
latest reply

oh yum - maybe I should come to your house! 

In late because someone kept me up late - those neon socks were cool though!  And didn't you just love the candy cane paint job I got on my broom?

Yeah, 16 hours was brutal.  Got home a little after 10 pm and was back at it at 6 the next morning.  I'm still recovering.

Had a really nice Christmas - dh got me slippers and gloves and a book and a cool poster and chocolate.  He must love me.  We went small this year since the list of nieces, nephews, great-nieces & nephews, etc. keeps growing.

Was hoping for a little snow but that didn't happen.

Going to have dinner and watch A Christmas Story - I love that movie.

Merry Christmas!

c4954003654a2f113d7db3905829872c.jpg

Message 1255 of 3,155
latest reply

Merry Christmas Rootie!

Had a good Christmas; pretty quiet.  We didn't open any of our presents yet.  We ate late afternoon and decided to watch some Star Wars movies. That was fun.  No white stuff here either; just lots of rain and mud now.

What I thought was fun, was flying over that Frosty the Snowman those people had on the roof of their house.  Did you notice his eyes glow orange as we few over?  Did you really try to knock him off the roof?  I thought I saw Santa and his reindeer too.  He was pretty fast; even for our sonic brooms.Smiley Tongue

Message 1256 of 3,155
latest reply

How can you not open presents first thing in the morning????  Are you ill???

Love the red font!

I think a grimruck had taken over Frosty and thought I should eliminate him but my aim was a little off.  Next time don't let me bring the eggnog! 

We had a nice quiet day.  Watched a couple of movies, ate way too much ham.  A very lovely Christmas.  Now onto New Years.  Think I'm doing something here and having family over.

Nothing exciting here - enjoying the down time.  Only checked office email twice yesterday - a new record!

This girl looks so much like The Wonder Dog when she was younger!

f6abc1aa53662a465776f04043b251d1.jpg

Message 1257 of 3,155
latest reply

Years of practice (not opening presents right away).  When a member of the family has roots that still don't believe in celebrating Christmas, we wait a little. 

It just poured rain today.  I looked at the drainage ditch behind our yard and it was flowing to the brim.  Our yard could not drain well until the water went down in the ditch.  Everything is such a soggy mess.  DH put the dehumidifier up, so the basement is getting that musty smell.  Normally, we don't have that problem this time of year.  It was 70* again too.  It is just messing up the whole balance of nature here.  There are thousands of nightcrawlers out in the streets. Trees are budding, flowers coming up, and even have some (vinca) blooming.  Dandilions all over the place and I think the lawn is growing.  Robins singing every morning.  I know what's going to happen.  Arctic clipper will move down in February and kill everything.  Stinkbugs are out and a fly flew in the house today.  Last night when took Rootie out, the crickets were chirping.  I could NEVER live in a place that doesn't have 4 seasons.

I am getting the biggest kick out of Rootie.  She is SO much fun!  Loves to play.  She and Myah are still at odds though.  I think it is more Myah.

Message 1258 of 3,155
latest reply

I KNOW - I love the seasons!

We are drying out some - didn't have any rain yesterday for the first time in a long time.  We get pretty soggy in our yard but so far (knock on wood) no drainage issues.  Being at the top of the hill helps.  Now the office is a different story - being on a lake and having massive construction going on means our parking lot regularly floods.  Makes getting in the door interesting.

Running late this morning - just did not want to get out of bed.  Must still be in holiday mode.

Rootie sounds like a fun girl - sounds like she's adapting well.  Myah will come around or not.  The Queen still refuses to play with The Wonder Dog although she will sniff her.

Off to work!

99465ad36c8ae121ca81c83715860025.jpg

Message 1259 of 3,155
latest reply

The kitten is so cute and love the quip!!

Cloudy all day but not a drop of rain; yay!!

Rootie had her what I thought, would be the last vet appt for her ears.  Nope, one more.  She had a raging infection in there and still has a bit in her left ear.  I think she is getting tired of the vet visits.

Message 1260 of 3,155
latest reply