cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Weather and running late - back later!

images.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1231 of 3,155
latest reply

Internet was down yesterday and didn't get it back until this morning.

Busy making morrocan chicken.

later

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1232 of 3,155
latest reply

working on a thrift load to haul away in the morning.  Got anything you want to get rid of?  Had to come in to see what the shop was accepting this week.   Looks as though I can throw more in the box, yay!!

Feeling like I have a mild case of the flu.  You know, the body aches and general blah that goes with it. 

Message 1233 of 3,155
latest reply

I have a stash of stuff to get rid of that I will trade you for morrocan chicken and a fairy bed.

Flu is no good - get better soon!

I swear the neighbor is building an ark.  We've had so much rain - roads closed, low lying areas flooded and my parking lot at work a total wreck.  That's what I get for choosing an office on a lake.  Plus all the construction nearby has screwed up the drainage.  Lots of rain and thunder and lightening yesterday morning.  Made for a fun commute.

Was thinking I was planning a quiet weekend - nope.  Looks like I'm working all weekend.

I need a pre-Christmas foray.

funny-animal-pictures-with-captions-008-022.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1234 of 3,155
latest reply

I heard about some flooding in Portland and in Washington too.  Guess it is getting not so hot where you live either.  Weather is crazy these days.

Finished the morrocan chicken tonight.  You would love a fairy bed!  This has been a most fun project.  Most all the supplies came from my own backyard.  And people sell this sort of stuff for a fortune(almost).

Rootie had another follow-up visit with vet today.  She has gained 6 pounds!  Vet says she is just right weight now.  She is doing so good and so playful now.  Just the ear infection is a hanger-on.  Packed the ears for the 3rd and last time.  It was a BAD infection.

Feeling better today, but you know how the flu is.....drags you down for a little while.  Thank goodness had a flu shot cause can imagine what would have been like without it!!  At least I am able to be up and doing things with rest periods in-between.   Going to try walking tomorrow morning.

Message 1235 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for Rootie feeling better!  Oh... and you too.  Smiley Happy

Family party tonight - hm... think I should get the presents wrapped?

Please send moroccan chicken recipe - it sounds wonderful.

Supposed to get a break from weather today - that would be good.  People are driving like idiots - I think the rain has soaked their brains.

Speaking of idiots, this would be really cute if it wasn't for one little thing....

funny-pictures-black-cat-sees-caption.jpg

Message 1236 of 3,155
latest reply

Recipe is simple.

2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into good size pieces.

1 package of campbell's moroccan chicken stew sauce.

I add about 6 more green, stuffled olives, sliced.

1/3 cup chopped onion

5-7 cardamom pods

1/2 tsp moroccan seasoning

a good sprinkling of smoked paprika

1 tsp lemon juice.

I have fixed this in a skillet or slow cooker.   If use slowcooker, I like to stirfry the chicken just a bit with the onion and then put all ingredients in the slowcooker.  Only takes about 4 hours.  I get it done in about 2 in the skillet.    If you like the chicken to stay in nice peices, then use the skillet and simmer.  Meat gets really tender in the slowcooker though.  Either way is good.  I kinda messed around with the packet mix some so I felt like I 'made' something, ha!

serve over rice or couscous

Message 1237 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, Idiots abound!!  They are everywhere and they love to hydroplane.

Have a fun little party tonite.

Message 1238 of 3,155
latest reply

Went to a Christmas party tonight.  It was fun and met some nice people.

Message 1239 of 3,155
latest reply

Thank you for recipe!  Missing ingredient on my list.

Glad you had fun at your party!  Mine was fun - I enjoy my family.  Broke up kind of early (which was fine with me, I was tired).  Sis wasn't feeling too spunky so we didn't want to overtire her.

Maybe some sun breaks this afternoon - that would be cool.  I was out in the rain yesterday with the neighbor fixing our common fence after our pups decided to play by jumping on it on opposite sides.  The Wonder Dog is 12 - think she'd be over the puppy stage by now.

But it was nice to watch our football team be on their game and win.  Makes everyone around here nicer on Monday.  Silly game.

I'd better get at it - long week this week.

funny_animal_pictures_5.jpg

Message 1240 of 3,155
latest reply

I been wondering how your sis is. 

The wind blew like a hurricane here last night.  Gusts up to 50 mph and just a wind....no storm.  sometimes it would just roar out there.  Crazy weather is all I can say.

Trying to get my Christmas cards done.  Put a few in the mail today.  DH decided to take them back out as he figured the mailman wasn't going to show.  It was already late.  Then, I'm sitting here and thinking I heard the mail truck but it is 9PM for pete's sake.  yep, that is who it was.

Got a call from my doctor's office this afternoon.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 1241 of 3,155
latest reply

Yikes, that's a lot of wind!

9 p.m. is way too late for mailman.

I'm already late on Christmas cards.

Way behind this morning already.  I have so much to catch up on - including personal correspondence.  How did that happen?

Here comes Tuesday!

funny-animal-pictures-with-captions-009-025.jpg

Message 1242 of 3,155
latest reply

a house chipmunk with walnut shell on his head.  How darling (snort)  What a cutie!

Some days I wish I could do over.  This is one of them.

Oh well, at least I get to talk about it tomorrowSmiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Message 1243 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie is quite the hound dog.  She was on the scent trail of something this morning.  Took her 45 minutes to sniff around and then finally did her 'duty'.   So, I decided to re-pot one of my boston ferns while Rootie was trailing the over-night yard intruder.Smiley Wink

OK.  I need to get something up for Christmas.  Better work on that this week-end.  Did get all my cards done.

Message 1244 of 3,155
latest reply

I got a card out today!  I'm so excited!

Yeah, a do-over for yesterday would be good.  Woke up later than I wanted, forgot my lunch, was at work at somewhere close to 5 a.m..... you get the idea.

And I get to do it all over again today.  Yeah me!

I love watching dogs when they get the scent - they are just so intent on following it they forget everything else.  Sounds like Rootie is a good dog.  Has Myah gotten over herself yet?

I loved the chipmunk and the walnut.  Maybe you should tame Chip?

But someone sent me really nice chocolate for Christmas yesterday.  Made me feel much betterer.

Friday Eve!

Oh, and in case you didn't know:

5206d934f07bf7e15cc0ae71c0ee2b35.jpg

Message 1245 of 3,155
latest reply