cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

You could just put some tinsel on the spiders and ornaments on the bats and call them Christmas decorations!

Dh says the Wonder Dog got all happy and excited about an hour before I got home from work yesterday.  They know.

Got my flu shot yesterday - aren't you proud of me?    And am achy and cold today - happens every time.  Oh well.

Managed to spill coffee all over myself yesterday at work - light colored top, of course.  Not fun.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.  Supposed to get a break tomorrow.  Maybe.

funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-i-always-spill-on-myself-when-i-wear-white.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1186 of 3,155
latest reply

The sad little owl reminds me that while at my cousin's house I awoke during the night and listened to 2 Great Horned owls hooting back and forth to one another.  That was pretty cool.

Oh, never fails.  Wear a white top and suddenly you become a slob.

Finally having brief episodes of sunshine here.

Not sure if you are interested or not, but remember playing some of those games at the Night Owl's Nest?  I took a peek there tonight.  Place is DEAD.  I responded to 4 of the games which had last been visited maybe a year ago or longer?  If ya have the time, come join me.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1187 of 3,155
latest reply

Running late, late, late...

Total chaos at work.

I will check out games - those were fun and I'd kind of forgotten about them.

images3.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1188 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds good!  Games I mean.

Like a summer day here today.  In the mid-seventies.

Message 1189 of 3,155
latest reply

It's been cold here but it was so sunny and pretty yesterday after the fog lifted.  Just a gorgeous fall day.

Think I'm finally over the effects of the flu shot - never had one give me a problem before.  Several of my friends had reactions to the shot this year too. 

How come one of my nephews sent me a Christmas list already?  Doesn't he know I'll lose it long before I get around to actually doing any shopping?  And yes, I manage to lose things sent to me in digital format. 

Looking forward to a 4 day work week next week.  A Wednesday off - wonder if I can find something to occupy my time?

I think someone spotted us last weekend.

h310344E1.jpg

Message 1190 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep, I had a reaction to the shot this year too.  Wondered if maybe I did have the flu rather than a reaction.  BUT what a coincidence to start feeling ill in a matter

of hours after having the vaccine.

Upper 70's again today; in fact it was hot.  May have some storms during the night and then a cold front moves in after the storms pass.

Dr. appt again tomorrow.  sheesh.

Message 1191 of 3,155
latest reply

Was running super late this morning.  Was up too late visiting with sis (cye tomorrow sometime) and having fun.

Apparently a lot of people had a reaction to this year's flu shot.  Just really cwappy timing.

It got pretty for awhile today and I actually got to take a walk on my lunch hour with no coat on.  Hooray!

You know, the older we get it seems the more doctors we have to see.  Sad.  I try to take care of myself and still have to see a lot of doctors.  I swear, when I turn 80 I'm going full on hedonistic.  I'll have earned it!

2b1c4171f39cf8590ea03f0941e466b2.jpg

Message 1192 of 3,155
latest reply

Crazy busy weekend - nephew's 21st birthday, big yard clean up, etc., etc.  I'm ready for another weekend!

More rain, but staying in the 50s, so that's not too bad.

You must have had a busy weekend too.

Happy Monday!

Just because this made me smile.

funny-baby-animals-picture-11.jpg

Message 1193 of 3,155
latest reply

I guess you could say it was busy.  Lots of leaves to rake up.  That took up yesterday afternoon.  Friday and Saturday spent some time at an animal adoption facility.  Interesting place to visit and also very busy.  For every animal they adopt out, at least 2 more came through the door.  Too many animals being abandoned, or stray, or what have you.  We finally decided on a Beagle.  She is older than what we thought, but guess that's OK.  She does look a litte rough and has some issues that are not life threatening and should 'fix-up' OK.  Hope you don't mind, but I named her after youSmiley Very Happy  She is cute though and really in truly a sweet dog.  Got her home this afternoon and she just seemed to know where she was going around here.  Like this was her home.  She's a little sore today and feeling a little punk from her vet visit, but hopefully she will get to feeling better.  In a couple of weeks, she should be doing pretty good.  Myah has been on the hypervigilant guard duty too.  What a goof-ball she is.  I bet she won't be able to sleep under the covers tonight, ha!

Message 1194 of 3,155
latest reply

I love beagles!  They are so cute!  Did you really name her after me?  That is way too cool.

Every time I'm at the shelter I want to scoop up 3 or 4 senior cats and bring them home and give them a nice retirement.  I don't, but I always want to.

Raking was one of the things I got done this weekend, then general clean up - I want only the stuff I like to grow!

I'll bet Myah will come around, they always do.  The Queen still pretends to hate the pup, but then they sleep on the same couch.  Silly animals.

Just for you:

3cb0e37412be4a0fb11ebdce410d452c.jpg

Message 1195 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOL    Did some reading on Beagles.........one thing for sure; don't let them get bored.  Article said they could get destructive.  Ya think?  haha!

Myah is pretty curious about Rootie. (yes, really did name her after you) First night Myah did this vigil almost the whole night!  Next day afternoon, she was getting pretty tired.  Today, she has mellowed out a bit and has approached the dog; carefully.  They have touched noses a couple of times and this afternoon, Myah was rolling on the floor not far from where Rootie was resting.  So, maybe they will become pals?  Or as good as cats and dogs can get along?

Messed around in the yard today.  Supposed to have some high winds and storms tonight so picked up all my loose flower pots and moved stuff out of the wind.  DH did more raking yesterday and then mowed.  Yard looked really nice but this one tree is not finished dumping all of it's leaves.  Did more fall clean-up kind of yard stuff and I did pull a bunch of my black eyed susans.  Have WAAAY too many of those things!  I think the chipmunk has gone underground for the winter already.  She may have gone down too soon again.  I remember last year she came up in Feb or Mar and there was a snowstorm going on.  I remember watching her dig in the snow and seeing the snow fly from behindSmiley Tongue  Silly goose.

Trying to get fall cleaning done in the house.  It was too nice outdoors today to be in here chasing dust bunnies.

Message 1196 of 3,155
latest reply

Did Rootie help you in the yard?  Beagles are so funny when they bay (noisy, but cute).  We had a beagle once that tried to teach the pug to bay.

Myah will come around.  The Wonder Dog & Q are best friends, but the dog raised Q since he was about 6 weeks old. 

Had a really lazy day yesterday - that's what happens when I get a day off in the middle of the week.  Took a nap, watched Dr. Who, added a little more pink to my hair, all that fun stuff.  It was rainy and the dog woke me up about 2 a.m. because the wind was scaring her.  Poor girl.

Still crazy at work right now but should settle down soon.  I hope.

How come there are even more leaves in my yard?  Didn't I just get rid of all of them?

Off to brave the rainy roads.  Rain all through the weekend.  Think I'll clean carpets.

images.jpg

Message 1197 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie has bad allergies.  Skin is not in best shape.  Today she peed in the house.  Then noticed she has fleas.  I have been busy all day with bathing her, cleaning all her bedding, vacuuming etc.  Her ears are packed due to infection in both ears, so had to keep those dry.  She was not really supposed to have a bath yet due to having just been spayed, but she needed one pretty badly.  Should have seen her after the bathSmiley Very Happy  I have never seen a dog respond so happily and in favor of having had a bath.   Put up a gate to keep her out of at least one side of the house.  Myah can't seem to figure out how to get over the gate and i am tired of trying to step up and over the thing.  Got grocery shopping done and that was about it for the day.  Thank goodness had a few left-overs from last night so did not have to make an entire meal for dinner. 

Whine.

Oh, I have not heard Rootie bark yet.  I keep hoping she'll bark at something, but she is pretty quiet dog.

Message 1198 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh poor Shirls - just want to hug you!  And I'm mad at whoever let poor Rootie get in that shape.  That's just rotten.  She sounds like a sweetie though. 

Maybe today you can just take it easy?  Probably not with a new pup in the house but you can try!

Pouring down rain today.  Went out to get the paper and got all wet.  How come they can't get the paper closer to the house on rainy days?  Clear days they always seem to get it right up to the house.

Bunch of little stuff to do this weekend.  Rotate tires, oil change, nails, etc., etc.  Sound like fun?

I don't want to work today.  Whine, whine, whine.  Just feel kind of blah - must be the weather.

Here's something that will make you laugh.

Funny-Minion-Quotes-282.jpg

Message 1199 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm already there!  You don't even need to train me.  How easy is that?

CYE

I took it easy today.  Went to a craft fair and that was about it.

Hey!  When you going to come over and play games?  Only 4Smiley Happy

Message 1200 of 3,155
latest reply