cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

maxine.jpg

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1156 of 3,155
latest reply

There you are!  I was so busy yesterday morning catching up on email that I didn't make it in here.  Oh and getting to work early to take care of "stuff".  Someday I will run out of "stuff" to do and then be out of a job.

I love that kitty too!  And I love Maxine - hm... maybe I'll be a vampire for Halloween.

Yes to a foray but it may have to be pretty late on Saturday - my weekend is filling up fast.

Hooray for stay at home days!  But did you get a lot of reading done?

Gorgeous weather here - chilly in the a.m. and up to low 70s by afternoon. 

Flying through this a.m. - work is just sitting around waiting for me.

Your silliness for today:

h1C8869D5.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1157 of 3,155
latest reply

She really looks shocked at the news doesn't she?  Maybe I want this kitty too......I love silliness.  I was raised on it.

I got my magazine read and was going to start on the second one I brought, but got to visiting which was a lot more interesting and fun than my magazine.  Getting to be too many ads in magazines these days.

Called to check in today and was told I had been excused!!  Man, I was hoping for at least one case for Pete's sake.  I was also enjoying the new friend I was making. 

Oh and I got super soaked in the rain this morning.  Knew I was taking a chance, but said oh well.  It started to pour down and the water on the street was running.  I did run a little faster than usual though, ha!  DH was thoughtful and met me as soon as I stepped into the basement...he brought down all warm and dry clothes to change into.  Felt good too.  It was about 68* outdoors, but the rain was a bit cool.   Finished the rest of my workout downstairs and then jumped in the shower.  That felt super wonderful!!  So, now finally, we will get a nice cool down.  60's for daytime and a few 40's for night time low. 

I was looking at potted mums last week-end and found the prettiest purple aster.  Just had to have it and a nice big ole pumpkin too.

I need to get my flu shot soon!  Like, this week, ha!  Takes a couple of weeks to get full 'coverage'. 

Since I stay ahead of my chore schedule I won't have anything to do tomorrow.  Maybe I can read some more.  Have a couple of books I could start on.

Message 1158 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, if you've run out of things to do you can always comd do my chores!

Nice of dh to have warm clothes for you- very sweet!  Now, if we could just teach you to come in out of the rain... 🙂

You're going to be a crazy cat lady if you take all the cute/silly cats.  But I know what you mean.

The Queen has decided I can do nothing in the morning until after I play laser with her.  She knows where I keep the little laser light and bats at it until I play with her.  Silly cat.

Off to face Wednesday!

h131F3D23.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1159 of 3,155
latest reply

She looks a tad miffed at such a stupid question!!!!  For real!

Thought i might have the same problem this morning by the way the sky looked.  But, it was a 'dry run'.......bwahahahahaha!!!! snort!

I don't think it made it to 70* today.  Stayed overcast and breezy the whole day.

Myah is sure playful in the morning.  It is downright cute!!  And then when i get ready for bed at night; same thing.  Anything I have learned from this cat, it is waking with such joy to greet another day!  Blessed with another day of living.  So, anyway, she runs about in the morning and runs about again at night.  She is still liking her kitty bed that I got for her too.  She must have had one at her previous home because she got in this thing right away and started to knead dough.

Think I'm calling it a night.  Going to read for a bit before I hit the sack.  Back to a good 'old' habit.

See ya later Pal!

Message 1160 of 3,155
latest reply

Aren't the pets fun?  After dinner it's time to play and both cats know it and will remind me if I forget.

Glad you got a "dry" run in!

Watched them take down all the trees by my office yesterday.  Kind of sad, although I like the plans for what they are doing.

Running late this morning - slept in until almost 6, yeah me!

Still thinking about Halloween.

hD8F6714E.jpg

Message 1161 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, I have always liked halloween.  Saw a house all decorated and it is awesome!

Love kitty's face.....looks a little forlorn or about ready to bolt.   Myah has huge ears.  When she tries to watch the birds, she has a hard time lowering/flattening them.  But the birds see her next to the window and off they go.  I don't have anything for her to sit on at the kitchen window, so she has to stand on hind feet; hang on to the sill with front feet to peer out the window.  have a bird feeder out there.  Those birds would NEVER come to that feeder if she could fully reach the window.  Cute to watch.

Friday....goof off day.  Not sure what I have up my sleeve for the day.

Oh I hate to see trees disappear.

Message 1162 of 3,155
latest reply

Friday!

I get a 1/2 goof off day today - only working until noon.  At least that's my plan, we'll see what the universe has planned.

I love watching the cats looking at the birds out the window - they always get so excited.  I used to live across the street from my mom and she had my cat trained to stay away from the birds at her feeder.  Used a slingshot to train him - didn't take very long.

Been chilly in the mornings and then gorgeous in the afternoons.  I love fall, except I'm allergic to it.

Woke up at 3 this morning with a cat on my head.  And Q is like a big muscley marshmellow when he's comfy and doesn't want to move.  And he was purring.  It's hard to get mad at a purring cat.

Goof off extra hard today - you deserve it!

Friday-Funny-Quote.jpg

Message 1163 of 3,155
latest reply

Monday, Monday, Monday......

happy-friday-quotes-hd-wallpaper-5.jpg

Message 1164 of 3,155
latest reply

Got my flu shot Friday.  Didn't get sick with it, but it sure made me feel 'punk' that night.  Even through the week-end did not have the usual get up and go.  I think my get up and go got up and went.

Did get some straightening done in that doll room.  I have so many doll outfits and they were kind of mixed up so decided it was high time to separate the mod from the vintage, the 80's from the mod, and the modern into which body style the clothing will fit.  All done!!  Yay! 

Then i checked emails tonight and had to answer at least a few of them.  MIL had one mixed in there too.  Boy, she is relentless, but all she wants to do is

argue and let you know she is right and knows more.  Those types just go straight to 'trash', never to be heard again until she sends another.  I have learned a lot about what makes her tick though. Explains a LOT of things......

Beautiful day today, but for many in this country, is not such a great day.  Spent some time in the yard because we had clouds and drizzle for the past 4 days all because of that hurricane off the east coast.  We did get 3" on the first day.  Got pretty chilly too, so those days were great to stay indoors with the flu shot 'funk' and mess with Barbie clothes. hahaha!!

later Pal!

Message 1165 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, a day playing dolls sounds like fun!  Sorry about the flu shot funk, but sounds like a fun, productive way to use your time.  🙂

Yeah, not so good weather-wise for much of the country.  Sad.  Makes me glad for our mostly mild climate.

Aren't email trash bins wonderful?  Saves so much time and aggravation.

Got pumpkins at the place where we are members of the veggie co-op - I think I will carve one and puree the other two for soup.  Want some pumpkin soup?

So did you decide on what to be for Halloween?  And I go the magenta smoke thingies - snagged the end of it before "someone" else could get there!

I think I need to go grocery shopping.  Someone ate all the cookies.

h74CAC139.jpg

Message 1166 of 3,155
latest reply

I can't believe it got to 87* today!  I think normals are supposed to be 72* this time of year???  So, back to running the AC.  Did break down once this week-end to run the heat.  These systems don't get a break between seasons any more.

You have a cookie monster at your house?  If we did not have a cookie monitor around this place, we would be out too.

I have never had pumpkin soup.  It just never sounds good to me though I hear it is delicious.  I love cream of tomato soup, but it has to be made with milk and not water........ugh!   But, if you are going to make the pumpkin soup, I'd be happy to give it a trySmiley Wink

I haven't given halloween much thought.  I usually do witch, fortune teller, or gypsy.  I like doing the last 2 the best because I can just dig through my closet to put together the costume........oh wait......drat!  I think I took the skirt I use to use to the consignment shop.

CYE

Message 1167 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...

stressed20cat1.jpg

Message 1168 of 3,155
latest reply

I think I'll just be a cat for today.

Rootie, I just have nothing pertinent to say today.  One of those days where you just want to sit in a rotating rocking chair with both important fingers waving up in the air and say,  "This one's for YOU!"

(not you of course, nope never, not my foray buddy):smileyhappy:

Message 1169 of 3,155
latest reply

I know exactly what you mean! 

Think I'll be a cat today too.

Rain yesterday all day long - cleared the air out for sure.  Guess Fall is really here.

Have a ceiling to paint this weekend - want to come help?  I am determined to get it done!

You're in charge of the song list for the next foray.

And just because I know you love cat ears.

776a8a837b3bc24fa7a353649427b67c.jpg

Message 1170 of 3,155
latest reply