cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Looks like she got kicked out of her jeep too!  That guy is either wasted or one of those crazy Barbie fanaticsSmiley Very Happy

I have not seen a jackrabbit in years!!  They used to be thick in NE when I was growing up.  I remember our dogs; Ted and Todd used to chase them all over the alfalfa field, but they could never catch one.  NE just doesn't have jack rabbits any more; at least not where I was from anyway.

I think I need to post a Barbie pic.aunty mad.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1096 of 3,155
latest reply

do those pictures look elongated to you?

Message 1097 of 3,155
latest reply

Talk&balcar.JPG

Message 1098 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the Barbie pics!  So cute!  they do look a little elongated.  Strange.

Ugh... didn't get home from work until almost 8 last night and it was go, go, go from the minute I walked in.  Oh well, keeps me out of trouble.

Cooling down today to the 70s - yeah!  A few days of heat is really nice but then I want more moderate temperatures.  Fussy aren't i?

Looking forward to the foray.  Q is begging to go but remember what happened last time I let him....

26d17f0b9cf6baaf8a75e79760769195.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1099 of 3,155
latest reply

Shirls!  We have work to do this weekend!

who-let-that-dog-out_o_1181935.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1100 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yeah, with the help of the internet!!  It was because of all the help I get through the internet that I did not have time to drop by here last night!

No cats allowed on this foray!  Have no time for taking care of 'sot' kitties.  Myah can't go either, she spends too much time fussing with her hair.  I'm all set and ready to go.  I picked up some extra red glitter fairy dust just in case.  I do think a bottle of Disaronno would be good AFTER the foray. 

I think that is why I prefer to stay busy; it does keep a person from getting into trouble.  Did some burning this afternoon.  I always enjoy doing that and the smoke takes care of the mosquitoes.  I do a lot of thinking while I'm burning and throw a lot of those thoughts into the fire.

That little bulldog is too cute sitting there with his laptop.

I'll see ya later.  Gotta do a little preventive maintenance on my broom.  These latest models are so nice, but they require more attention too.  Always having to adjust the thrusters.  The fiberoptic bristles need a lot of cleaning so they shine bright.

Message 1101 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Shirl,  I'll have what you're having!

Jean

Message 1102 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Jean!

Well, Q was really bummed and gave me a huge scolding after - but that was a most excellent foray!  Did you see the grimruck after the glitter/stink bomb combo?  Good thing you got your thrusters adjusted, he almost got you!  Got to do some adjustments on mine now - I think I bent the vertical hold thingy.  Oops!

Total craziness this weekend.  Didn't get to burn (we don't get to do that here anyway) but got a bunch of weeding, neatening up the roses, etc,. etc.  Plus got my guest room back in shape (since we're expecting guests), did moutains of laundry, etc., etc.  Maybe I can sleep at work??

hEAAF5C26.jpg

Message 1103 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Nomo!!  Did you go a wandering and get lost in the Park?  Nice surprise!  You may have to join Rootie and me on one of our forays some time.  Hope you have a good broom and one of the latest models.

Rootie, where did this week-end go?  That was one wild ride for sure and now since the evenings are cooling down more, it  was good weather for all the tricks we had up our sleeves.  That grimruck deserved everything we threw at it!!

Had one of those nights again last night, where I couldn't sleep.  It must have been after 2am before the sandman came.  Then I rouse at 5:15 and could not go back to sleep, so just got up.  I didn't go for my run, nothin'.  Just made it another Sunday.  I did get a 1 and half hour nap in this afternoon.  So now, Tuesday is going to be my Monday.

Bought one of those solar yard stakes you can find at Walmart.  Bought the clear, cross.  The thing didn't work, so figured the battery was bad. Let it in the sun for whole next day and still no work. Bought some batteries.  Put one in and it worked for about 3 hours before it fizzled.  I'm taking the whole shebang back tomorrow and get my $$. Smiley Mad  

Message 1104 of 3,155
latest reply

I just wish we had remembered to bring the fart blaster!  Startling a glittery, stinky grimruck would have been awesome!  We'll remember next time.

Bummer on the sleep - don't you hate those days?  Although a nice long nap sounds good.

And double bummer on having to return the solar light.  I'm always irritated at having to return things that don't work - feels like I am wasting time.  The worst though is when they forget to take the security tags off clothes and I don't see it until I get them home and then have to take it all back to the store to get them removed.  Had that happen a couple of times recently.

Boss on vacation this week - hooray!  Trust me, I have plenty to do but maybe now I can get it done.

Hope you got better sleep and have a gorgeous day!  I get slightly weird without enough sleep.

funny-animal-captions-002-008.jpg

Message 1105 of 3,155
latest reply

I know I must be zapped when I hit the kudo button and sit there waiting for the post message frame to come up!!!! wahahahaha!!!  Almost as bad as waiting on the stop sign to changeSmiley Very Happy

I'll have to tell you tomorrow about my day today because I am just flying through for tonight.  Had a late phone call that ate up my puter time.

Later, Pal!!

Message 1106 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh you are zapped!  Was the call from the watermelon?

I'm flying through this a.m. too - slept in a bit and now am running late.

Glad it's Wednesday - I like Wednesdays.

0272d1f7162f8ddf3265f92af7217145.jpg

Message 1107 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes!!  Watermelon with seeds!!

Yesterday was a beauty of a day!  It was 50* in the morning!  Made for nice run and then decided to clean the bigger flower bed.  That led to burning which led to raking...........it was just too nice to be inside and kept finding things to do out there!  I did sit in my yard chair for a little rest.  Nice!  Can't think of anything else spectacular for the day except I was busy.

This morning started nice an cool again, but couldn't hang out outdoors this morning as had other irons in the fire.  (sounds like I was going to do some branding doesn't it?)  You just never know around here.

It's that time again....going to open my windows as it is going to be a cool one again tonight.  So nice and fresh.

These last few days before freedom endsSmiley Sad are going too fast.   Ok, so it puts it in the middle of the sentance.  Whatever.

Message 1108 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that does sound like a nice couple of days!  Our weather has been nice for a few days but we're back to rain this weekend it looks like.  I don't mind - it will really help with all the fires going on.

Just remember to spit the seeds out when you eat the watermelon.

I'm already planning to take a day this weekend and do nothing.  What are the odds of that happening?

The news just had a story about Christmas shopping.  NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think I need more coffee this morning.

h89AAAAB9.jpg

Message 1109 of 3,155
latest reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Christmas shopping already!!!!!  What gives!  I'm already looking at Halloween stuff.  Ha!  I may not have to put my fake crow out this year....sometimes have as many as 9 in the back yard.

Purdy day, but I was really tired again for some reason.  So, took me another nice, long nap woo hoo!!  I could get used to this.....

Made a display box for one of my vintage Barbie today.  Can be displayed without taking a lot of space and kept free of dust to boot. 

That's it for me.

BTW, I keep checking my email...............

Message 1110 of 3,155
latest reply