cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Good morning!

We're having sun and 60 degrees today.  Whoopie!  I am so tired of rain right now but it sure has kept the pollen counts down.

Off to work early this am - why do I always have so much work to do?  I feel like it's stalking me!

norman bates - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 91 of 3,155
latest reply

If Norman Bates had a cat.....Smiley LOL  Scary cat!  I feel like debt is stalking meSmiley LOL   Not funny mcgee...

What a difference in the weather today.  This whole winter has been like this.  It was 60* when got up this morning, but by 9am it was 41* and the wind was blowing like crazy with gusts up to 45mph.  Had a bit of snow late this afternoon.  News report tonight talked about allergies being worse this spring because of the weather we have had.Something about the temps being cold then warming; so on.  Causes more pollen production.

Got my car back today.  What a costly adventure and may get even more costly.  The oil leak may be the main gasket/seal.  To fix that will mean having to remove the transmission.  I guess auto manufacturers don't think about this when designing the car or maybe they do,  knowing how much they will make on repairs and labor.  I'm just sick.  Keeping fingers crossed that it is just the valve cover seal instead.

Surprisingly my back was just fine this morning.  I guess those kitty stretches and other back strengthening excercises are paying off!  Arms were a little sore, but not bad either, yay!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 92 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG025.JPGHere's Mimi

I just wanna give you a big ole hug!

Message 93 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG017.JPG

Tell me!  What happened next??

Message 94 of 3,155
latest reply

Shouldn't Mimi have a little troll doll in her hand?

Night, night!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 95 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah for back not hurting!  Kitty stretches help - but I'm getting bored with the current ones, need to find new ones.

And I'm the only person I know who can be running late already at 6:15 a.m.

Have a great day!

late - Copy.png

Message 96 of 3,155
latest reply

I remember, once, somebody suggested that I was one.

I had NO idea what one was @ the time.

Fine day,  today.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 97 of 3,155
latest reply

I can remember when first started posting, I did not know what it meant to be called one either.  Lurker sounds better.

Rootie, you really are a hard driving woman if you are running late at 6:15.  I know at least one person who was not even awake yet at that time.  If I factor in the time difference I was heading out the doorSmiley Tongue

What a mind-boggling experience at the commissary today.  Forgot they had closed down for 3 days earlier this week to rearrange the place.  They do this every so often, but this time they really botched things up.   The location of items just does not follow logic.  I am thinking it is perhaps a mind game to make us miffed enough to shop elsewhere or complain to highest heaven.  That gives reason to just shut the place down(which is what I think is going to happen because of the budget).  But I wonder how much they lost and how much they paid to have the place shut down for 3 days and everything rearranged(again).  Course they will keep spending money foolishly and just cut retirees pay and benefits yeah!  Enough whine for today.

Otherwise a glorious day and baked Panettone. 

Peace

peacebarbie.JPG

Message 98 of 3,155
latest reply

Darn it, Shirls, I was talking actual troll dolls!  You know, Mimi used to have them on her desk in the Drew Carey Show?  So your Mimi should be holding a troll doll!

I love the chatty Barbies and the 60s one - you do such a great job with them.  So creative how you get all the little props set up for them.

Don't you hate it when they rearrange things in the store?  My usual grocery store did that recently - really?  You know, it's 5:30 in the evening - I just want to grab a couple of things and get home and you MOVED everything?  And of course they didn't have the signs all where they were supposed to be so I end up having to hunt the aisles looking for whatever it was I wanted.  Annoying.

Typical weekend coming up - supposed to rain after 2 beautiful sunny days.  We really have to get Mother Nature a calendar so she can save the nice days for the weekends.  Guess you won't be riding your bike over this weekend Shirls unless you have really good rain gear!

And it's time for:

happy friday dance - Copy.jpg

Message 99 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Oh, whatever was I thinking?  What a neat idea!  Thanks Rootie!  I need to find a teensy troll for Mimi now.  Years back there were small ones to fit the end of a pencil.  Now, the quest for teensy troll.

I love all my Barbies and that is the problemSmiley LOL  Always have to thin the herd.  But, I want my collection to reflect the evolution of Barbie; from then to now.  There were so many dolls with gadgets and gimmicks.  I did part with a bunch of those.  You know, push a button on the back and they can kick their leg all the way to New Orleans. snort.

Well, it is going to be raining here too Saturday, so I doubt I will ride my bike over to your house.  The broom is probably quicker and if I put the jet packs on, I may be able to fly above the rain.  Need to be careful though, as I sure do not want to mysteriously disappear.

Those 2 little kitties are buggers!  Let me see if I can find a 'crabby' Sadie pic......IMG012.JPG

I'm 19 so buzz off with the camera already!! I think she would go well with your 'other' cat pic.

Message 100 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG019.JPG

I can't change this photo position.  Pain in the neck to look at.  But, Sadie still had it at 19heart

Message 101 of 3,155
latest reply

Aw, I love the Sadie pics!  What a sweetie!  I have a soft spot for older, crabby cats - they make me laugh.  I told dh if we had time and space I would adopt some seniors from the shelter just so they could spend their last years being pampered.  There's a reason we don't go to the shelter often. 🙂

Yeah not good bike or broom weather yet.  I would suggest we teleport you but the pie came through with all the filling on the outside and the crust in the middle so I don't think it's really fixed yet.  Tasted good though!

It would be hard to thin the herd of Barbies - funny the things we get attached to.  Maybe you should just turn the living room into a Barbie room and give the little room to dh for a man cave?

Q decided to attack my feet this morning - he was having a great time jumping on them whenever I moved one in the bed.  Not exactly conducive to sleep but who can get mad at a purring, playing kitten?

funny-cat-pictures-quotes-cat-norris-48104 - Copy.jpg

Message 102 of 3,155
latest reply

What an idea...a rest home for the elderly kitties.  I have not been to a shelter in a long time.  That is where we got Sadie.  She is actually my gulf war kitty.  I decided I needed a cat so to the shelter we went.  There was Sadie, 4 months old at the time.  Lady said she had just been dropped off about 45 minutes prior to our arrival there.  Had always wanted a tuxedo cat, so we took her.  Her name is Sadie because of the mustache.  Had she been a 'tom', would have named him Saddam, so she was named Sadie instead.

It turned out to be a beautiful day!  Sun shone most of it and it did get into the 60's.  Put some garden soil down in my cleaned flower beds so spent another good 3 hours out there this morning.  After finished that, went for a walk.  Rootie, I don't think your teleport could scramble me up any worse than I already amSmiley Very Happy  It would have been a great day to ride the bike, but once I get started on outdoors stuff I don't know when to quit.  Day lilies are coming up, daffoldil are blooming, crocus are just coming up as the spiderwort and columbine are too.  The crocus are either late or everything else is early.  Tulips are coming up too and trees are getting buds.  Now hope we don't get one of those late, hard frosts.

Performed my own pedicure of sorts today.  I use a bone file on the callus' I get under the bunions and pumice stone on the rest.  One of the calluses I do trim with a scalpel.  It gets hard and thick pretty fast even with regular filing.  Need to appreciate our feet as they go through a lot of wear and tear over the years.

Sadie used to attack my feet.  She could really chomp down so thank goodness for spread and blanket.  Her jaws were amazingly strong.  I have some other cute pics of her that I will need to photo and load some day.

Supposed to start raining here later tonight and rain most of day tomorrow.  So have not decided what I am going to do tomorrow.  I think I will just rest tomorrow.

LOL at the little room for a man cave...I like that idea.

Message 103 of 3,155
latest reply

Had to come in to tell you that Myah is playing with that leather toddler shoe again.  She just brought in in here and dropped it by my chair.  She picks it up and carries it off; straddle legged and all.  It is just so cute to watchheart

Message 104 of 3,155
latest reply

You know Shirls, I wonder if you tossed the shoe for her if she would run after it and bring it back?  I used to have a cat that loved to play fetch.

I'm jealous of your sunshine - been raining hard all weekend so no yardwork for me.  I did sort out my closet and have 2 bags of stuff for donation - closet looks good!  Of course, it's almost time for spring-time clothes so another sort out will be in order soon.

We usually get our pets at the shelter but I have to stay focused - want to scoop a bunch up and bring them home!

Lazy Sunday - just some housework and stuff.  Actually slept in until 6 a.m.!  Yah me!

Here's a new kitty stretch for you!

funny-pictures-happy-bucket-kills-cat - Copy.jpg

Message 105 of 3,155
latest reply