cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

I am sooo looking forward to this week end!!  I really need some 'me' time.  It is going to be a little toasty here too along with high humidity.  Not sure what I will do tomorrow.  I'll start my day in the usual way and go from there.

Have a good one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing how a man can be a man one day and be a woman the next.  As far as I'm concerned, as long as his 'plumbing' is still the same, he is still a man no matter what he looks like or feels like in his mind.  The way he has gone about this is so over-board and has certainly drawn a lot of attention to himself.  He will always be Bruce as far as I am concerned, no matter how much $$$$$$ he spends to rid himself of himself.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 976 of 3,155
latest reply

It was very toasty here - I loved it!  got the front yard weed molested and edged, etc., etc.  Was a good time to get outside work done in the morning and housework done in the afternoon.

I'm ignoring that whole thing - just cannot muster enough interest to care.  You know what I mean? 

supposed to be nice this week but not as hot - I can live with it.

I'm following the lady rowing across the ocean - can you imagine doing that? 

Was the weekend restful?

Oh, and got the car cleaned up this weekend - it needed it.  Even got an oil change.  Yeah me for being productive!

h4977648F.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 977 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, I didn't even know about the lady rowing the ocean.  That would be far more interesting and noteworthy.

Hot and rainy day.  Got the yard mowed and weed-whacked before it all started though.

It was a good week-end and even kicked back in the recliner for the afternoon.  Something new for me to be able to be still for awhile.

More hot coming tomorrow.  You would love it:-)

Message 978 of 3,155
latest reply

I know, can you imagine doing all that rowing?  Interested to see if she makes it.

Sounds like a good weekend.  I'm planning a "do nothing" weekend soon - think it will actually happen?  Sitting still is something I'm still working on.  Figure I'll have plenty of time to do that soon.

Supposed to cool down some this week but still very nice.  Hooray summer!

Time for another foray - my brain needs a break.  I'll bring the bottle this time.

cat-shades.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 979 of 3,155
latest reply

Bring the cat and some catnip along tooSmiley Very Happy

Wonder if she sings 'Row, Row, Row your Boat" to help her along?  Would be better if a few others could join in and do a round. 

We are just heating up over this direction.  90's.  Hopefully the humidity will go down some.

Biting insects just love me for some reason.  Don't know what bit me this time.  Was out in one of the flower beds.  Have several bites and they all swelled up.  The one on my arm is driving me nuts.  It's like it itches, stings, and 'bites' all at the same time.  Never saw or felt it when I got bit either.

I have not had a haircut since last October.  Thought I would grow out the short hair.  OK.  I can get a little ponytail now but am looking at some short haircuts again.  Don't think I'll go as short this time, but the hair has got to go.

Message 980 of 3,155
latest reply

Bugs love you because you're so sweet!  Mosquitos are the ones that love me the most - stupid little things.

I think about getting my hair cut shorter - mostly right after I wash it and am trying to tame it.  Have an appointment next week, we'll see.

We're back down in the high 70s/low 80s so been nice. 

Someone sent me a gardenia plant for my office - let's see how long it takes me to kill it.  I have a seriously brown thumb when it comes to houseplants.  If I don't kill them then Q will.  Permanent botanicals are the way to go!

Row, row, row your boat is 1000 times better if you have someone to chime in.

I need some of this time.

h88EE7243.jpg

Message 981 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Happy

I have one of two things......  I either have one Chipmunk or now have TWO chipmunks.  I guess all her 'barking' has got some attention.  All I saw this morning were TWO chipmunks bounding through the neighbor's grass; tails up, one after the other and a bunch of high pitch noises.  Later on, kept seeing only one chipmunk.  Maybe 'Chip' was running the other one out of town, I don't know but it sure was comical.  On the other hand, if she has been successful in attracting a male then we may have some issuesSmiley LOL

Message 982 of 3,155
latest reply

You know you would find baby chipmunks cute as all get out.  Admit it!

Had a squirrel up on our patio the other day teasing The Wonder Dog - she's never caught one but she tries really hard.

Think I'm going to take a day this weekend and do nothing.  Think it will happen?

Rain is supposed to come back mid-week next week for at least awhile - been gorgeous the last few days so I won't complain.

This cracked me up - go through it every morning with Q.

h96DA87D1.jpg

Message 983 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh you know it!  Little chipmunks would be awful cute!!  I didn't see anybody today.   Maybe it was too hot; I think we got to 91* today. 

Myah has to be up on the sink in the morning when I am trying to use it.  She is a character......she is always so happy to start a new day; makes mad dashes through the house.  She does the same thing when it's time to go to bed.

Rootie!  I think I have some poison oak again!  I can't even be downwind of that stuff!!  Only one spot and crossing fingers i won't have the mess like last year, ha!

So glad it is Friday tomorrow!  Goof off day, woo hoo!! 

Message 984 of 3,155
latest reply

I find it really funny when the cats do their mad dashes - except in the middle of the night.  That's annoying.

Q likes to be on the counter in the bathroom but I throw him out when I plug in my flat iron - he loves to play  with cords and it worries me.

No on the poison oak!  Hope it doesn't spread.  Poor Shirls.

Hooray Friday!  No boss today and I've decided to rearrange the conference room.  Sounds like a good Friday project.

Seriously going to take a day off this weekend and do nothing.  New season of Orange is the New Black is out on Netflix and I may spend a day vegging.

Overload of cuteness today!

abd3069777fc3db413d6e8d538fbad72.jpg

Message 985 of 3,155
latest reply

It has been a very nice weekendSmiley Happy

How is yours coming along?

Message 986 of 3,155
latest reply

Very nice weekend - very quiet and I actually got some sleep and rest.  Not as much as I wanted and, of course, am up way too early today, but I'll take it!

Bummer she didn't make it all the way across the ocean - but can't control bad weather.

The hummingbirds were super active this weekend, was fun watching them.  They love my rose bushes.

How's the poison oak?

Off to work early today - lots of happenings and I need to be prepared!

1monday sucks this way to.jpg

Message 987 of 3,155
latest reply

Had a small news brief in our paper today about her.  Glad you posted; otherwise I would not have remembered to tell you.

The poison oak.  No matter how careful I think I am, it still spreads like crazy.  I started with one small blister above the right knee.  Then two.  I tried to remember NOT to cross my legs.  Must have forgot somewhere along the line because I have a BUNCH of new blisters on the back of my left calf.  Of course those have spread to back of the left thigh because I did a LOT of squatting while messing in the yard Saturday(was nowhere near the PO area)  Let's see....took almost 4 weeks to get rid of it last year?

Other than that, I had a great 4 day reprieve.   I think I may have a longer one coming next month; maybe a couple of weeks.

These days, I bet your office stays pretty busy.

Message 988 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, that's the pits on the poison oak.  Got to get the fairies working on an anti-itch spell!

It was hot yesterday!  80 by 10 a.m.ish and never did cool down much.  I've already got the house opened up this morning although it's supposed to cool down some.  And of course the a/c in the office decided to not work while I had a bunch of people in there.  Argh!

I've had to start frisking the pup for frogs when she comes inside in the morning.  Two mornings in a row I've had to move little frogs outside - Q gets mad when I take away his toys.

In to work early again - who scheduled so much stuff this week any way?

StyleSaveUs-CatPepTalks-500x300-Wake-Up-Grumpy-Much.jpg

Message 989 of 3,155
latest reply

Just came in from outdoors(it's a little after 10 here)and is there ever a lightening show north of us.

The fairies and I got together this morning and worked on a compound to apply to the poison oak.  It sure takes care of the itch.  Will have to see now if the blisters heal any quicker and have reduction in spreading.  Beats having the pharmacy make a compound(if they make one like this one):smileywink:

Saw something cute again this morning that gave me a few chuckles.  Chip was chasing after the other rogue chipmunk again.  It is comical to watch.  A few hours later I heard a small dog barking; sounded close.  I didn't think to check our yard.  Then I heard some yiping as though it got hurt.  Saw a beagle running out our front gate.  Looked out the back window and Chip was cautiously come out of one of her hiding places.  She was making all sorts of warning sounds and pretty skittish.  She wouldn't get more than a few inches from her escape place.  Don't know if she was involved in the fray, but I bet the beagle was after her.  Maybe she bit him in the noseSmiley Surprised

Message 990 of 3,155
latest reply