cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Congrats Rootie on the 900 Snipe!

Work?  Dirty word........at least for today.

We have actually made it to 900Smiley Tongue

It was rainy this morning but went walking anyway.  Pretty wet by the time I got back but really didn't bother me much.  Sometimes I just like walking in the rain.

Was a rather blotto day rest of the day.

There used to be a goose that hung out on the sidewalk in front of a strip-mall store.  He was making a mess as you can guess but he was kind of cute honking at everyone.  Then he was no more.  Hopefully he just got relocated.

More rain on the way tomorrow.  And I will haul another load(stuff) away to the thrift storeSmiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 901 of 3,155
latest reply

Woke up to lightening, thunder, and pouring rain.  The rest of the day was not so bad.  Just 3 more days of rain to go and we get a break on Monday.  Tuesday it begins to rain again.  I think California could use some of this.  I wear my very brightly colored galoshes when I do stuff in the yard because the lawn, yard is so squishy.  Water still standing out there because it just can't soak down.

Message 902 of 3,155
latest reply

We had a gorgeous day yesterday and guess who woke up super sick?  You don't want to know the details, it was yucky.  Made it to work for about 15 minutes before I had to come home.  WAAAA!

Better today but really glad it's Friday.  And we get to go to a baseball game tomorrow!  Maybe they'll even win, haven't been doing much of that lately.

I can just see you puttering around the yard in your bright galoshes - gives me a grin.

Gotta get into work early today just to make up for yesterday.  Boo!

You up for a short foray after the game tomorrow?

tgif10251.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 903 of 3,155
latest reply

Heh heh, I love my galoshes:-)

Oh Rootie, that kind of being sick does not sound any fun at all!  Not sure which end was causing the most problems, either way.....ugh!

Sure...I'm up for a little foray tomorrow.  Just in case you are not  at 100%, I will fly ahead or above.....just to be on the safe sideSmiley LOL

I think we had the most sunshine today than what I have seen all week.  It was misty this morning, but no rain.  Went shopping for a couple of tomato plants and a few pepper plants.   Had to get some little geranium plants too so can make a variegated pot of them.  Have to have geraniums every year.

Just give me a buzz when you are ready.  What kind of bottle would you like?  (maybe a little pepto just in case.......) hee hee.

Message 904 of 3,155
latest reply

2heads.JPG

I have a spare if you need one

Message 905 of 3,155
latest reply

Late, late, late, late

7124a6ee16d4994da20e1db5e3133e56.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 906 of 3,155
latest reply

Looks like the result of a Foray gone badSmiley LOL

Message 907 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep - flying out of harm's way was a good idea Shirls!  I should not try to do fancy loops while my tummy is still iffy!

Back to cloudy and rainy today but the last few days have been gorgeous.

Had a good time at the game Saturday - even won.  so it was a nice weekend.

Still trying to finish up the "de-junking."  Boy we have a lot of stuff - took a bunch of paperwork to the shredding, etc., etc.  Bet I find more.

Up early this a.m., had really weird dreams all night.  Must be my allergy medication.

4-28-12-caturday-funny-cat-photos-cute1.jpg

Message 908 of 3,155
latest reply

Hahahaha!!!  A huge poptart and then I was flying.....sounds familiar.  Kitten with the quote is SO cute together!!  Thanks....it made me laugh:-)

Saturday was nice and tried to spend as much time outdoors as I could.  Sunday was a different story...more rain.  Yesterday started out rainy but was late in the day when sun finally poked out.  Chilly this morning at 44*, but it is a beauty out there!  Not sure what I will be doing this day, but will have to spend a little time out there before the rains come back.

There is never ending 'stuff' around here too.  No matter what I toss or donate or take to consignment, there is always more.  I see the desk drawers have filled up again with useless papers, receipts, etc.  Seems the longer you are in one place the more 'stuff' you accumulate.  Drives me nuts sometimes.  And I hate it when I have put something away and then can't find it.  Baah!!

Gotta get moving!  Time is of the essence!  Have a good one and enjoy the poptart!

Message 909 of 3,155
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

MARK!!!  FOGG!!!!   Hahahhahahaha!! 

@lol @ Shirls ^^^ in my defense..the chair I type in, tips easily, I'm due for one less tippy now as I grow older.

Where have you been?!  It IS good to see you!

RL stuff mostly taking up my internet time.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 910 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes..congrats on the 900, Rootie

Bye and have a great tomorrow, Y'all.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 911 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Mark!  Real life does seem to get in the way of fun, doesn't it?

I knew you'd like the poptart kitten Shirls!  Cracked me up.

The Queen managed to unplug my laptop last night for some reason known only to her.  I think she was playing with my ear buds again.  Just confused me early in the a.m., hadn't had coffee yet.

More rain in the forecast.  Guess I will continue to de-junk.  Did cut some of the lilac blooms to take to the office - smelled so good!

Have a happy!

Funny-cat-Pick-me-Pick-me.jpg

Message 912 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Mark ~  Glad you dropped by to say 'hi'!   I had to type FOGG in huge letters......I used to get a kick out of that stuff.  Hope RL is going so good and that is why.

Takes me awhile to get out of the 'fog' when I first get up.  It must be at least 20 minutes before I understand anything or am understandable myself.  A good cup of hot coffee does seem to help for sure.

Found some American Redbud and Mimosa seedlings in the yard yesterday, so gently dug them up and potted them.  Trees are so much fun to grow from infant stage.

Messed around in the backyard again today.  Already having to do some trimming and clipping.  It is going to get chilly tonight; down into the upper 30's.  Not covering anything or dragging stuff in as SHOULD be OK.  Trusting the we4ther geeks on that one.

Big grocery day tomorrow and thrift store to see how my stuff is selling.  Have a closet full of 'stuff' but didn't feel like getting anything ready to take tomorrow.  It will be there next week for me to do.

Time to do something with this hair.  Grew tired of it being so short so have not cut it since October(at the shop).  Last trim I did was early January.  Feels funny to have hair that actually blows in the wind.  I'm having to resist the temptation to grab the scissors.

Those kitties like to mess with personal items.  All the fun little cords makes it even better to play with.  I bought Myah a new toy last week-end.  She likes to toss things around.  So happens she took her new toy into the doll room and gave it a toss right into one of the doll dioramas.  She did stop playing when that happened cause she is a pretty good kitty when it comes to the doll room.  I didn't have to train her either; she just stays out of them.

Message 913 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Friday Eve!

Too cool on the seedlings - it is fun to watch trees grow.  When I was very young we planted an oak tree that had 7 leaves on it.  Years later that thing was massive, it was fun to drive by when I'd go to my hometown and see how big "our" tree had gotten.  They took the tree down some years ago - it just got too big!

Despite the weather weenies claiming it was going to rain yesterday it didn't and was actually very pleasant.  Nice surprise.

I've been keeping my hair pretty long but found a really good flat iron that helps keep it under control.  It's so thick and curly that if I don't keep it tamed I look like a crazy lady (no comments please!).

Your story of Myah in the doll room reminded me of this guy.

funny-cats_62.jpg

Message 914 of 3,155
latest reply

That 'little' guy is awesome! 

Cold this morning; 36* but turned out to be a very nice day.  Did the usual this morning and relaxed in the recliner after lunch.  DH wants to do this senior field day event coming up and I'm just not feeling it.  Each event is in a different part of town which seems like a lot of chasing around in a car.

I know what you could do Rootie, give me a third of your hair and we both be happy:-)

Tomorrow is goof off day and I am truly looking forward.

Message 915 of 3,155
latest reply