cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Smiley LOL

Hi Mark, did you get lost? ha!  Believe it or not, that is one, if not favorite of spaghetti westerns!  I love Clint movies.  So which one of us is the good, the bad or the ugly?  Since there are 3 hombres, you must be one too, hahaha!  <<<<I probably became all 3 just a few hours ago over there, snort.  Here is my new theme song:

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 76 of 3,155
latest reply

The fleamarket.  Looked at a lot of stuff, but found nothing I wanted to buy.  That's the way it is most of the time.  I just enjoy looking.  I AM trying to find a lid to fit my crock pot though.  Years ago I took it to a pot luck sort of deal.  Not until much later when I went to use it again, did I notice the lid did not quite fit my pot.  It is a tad too small.  So, keep my eyes open for glass casserole lids.  That and anything I think I can useSmiley Tongue   At least I know glass items I can wash clean and not be afraid of using them.  I went to GW yesterday (looking for lids again) and could not believe the condition of some of the cookware.  I am surprised they accepted the stuff.  No way to get some of those items clean to use.  A few of the cookie sheets, etc. were quite rusty.

I like your DST cat.  I think he means business.  Cats are such a hoot.  Myah knew she was going to get her teeth brushed today.  She knows as soon as she sees me going for the paste.  I wait a bit, but she will watch me pretty close for a little whileCat LOL

I overslept this morning.  Made the mistake of hitting snooze.  Went back to sleep and slept through the alarm.  Woke up the 'usual' time.  AARGH.  Was not a happy camper.

Message 77 of 3,155
latest reply

Not sure that I'm lost, just not sure how I got here.

Love Clint Eastwoods westerns also.

Btw, since I'm far from ugly and being good is no fun...I'll be bad.

Is it OK that I like your dolls Shirls?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 78 of 3,155
latest reply

I love browsing thrift shops Shirls - can usually find something weird or cool or both.

Boo to oversleeping!  I do not have that particular problem right now - just the opposite but wait until it's really, really important for me to be up early and I'll bet I will oversleep!

Rain is supposed to go away for a few days - hooray!  My yard is soooo soggy, be nice for it to dry up some.  The yard guys have been waiting for a couple of weeks to mow the lawn, bet they can do it this week.  Fingers crossed.
  If they get the lawn done it will be easier for me to get to some of the other stuff - or should I say it will be easier for dh to get to some of the other stuff while I supervise!

Feeling very loved this am - all the animals decided they have to be on me today.  Makes it hard to drink coffee and, boy, do I need coffee!

I laughed at the Barbie studies.  I mean, really?  How about building your imagination and envisioning yourself as a capable, attractive woman and all the good things?  Then again, I have always believed you can make a study say anything you want it to if you start with the conclusion!

opinion - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 79 of 3,155
latest reply

I second the cat's motion on the barbie study.

You know, I DID buy something at the flea market.  They were so small I almost forgot(well, I DID forget).  I am sure you have seen the tiny Bibles with real pages and print so small you can't read it?  Found 4 of them on keychains.  I removed the keychains and plan on giving them to the Barbies.  This will be a good read for them so they can set good examples for the other Barbies who are a bit ruthless at times.Smiley LOL

Our yard is a mess!!  Super soggy.  But, I did get some work done this morning; about 3 and half hours worth.  Now I am pooped and can't wait to see how my back is going to feel tomorrow morning.  Will have to do kitty stretches for sure.  Had a few vol hole/tunnels to fill with pea gravel and sand.  I packed it good too which is why I am so tired.  Cleaned 2 flower beds.  What a mess.  I got pretty dirty out there because of some mud, leaves, and snow sticking around in there.

Took the car in to have the timing belt changed.  Oh boy.  Also have an oil leak from somewhere.  They called this afternoon saying they won't have the car done today because they broke a sensor trying to get the old belt off.  Don't have a sensor on hand so have to finish tomorrow.  Also not sure where the leak(s) are coming from.  They think possibly a valve cover and hoping it is the only leak.  Hard to tell I guess with the oil running down and meeting up where I thought the leak was coming from.  So, they will clean the engine area and let me drive it for a week or so and hopefully will then be able to see exactly where the leak IS coming from.  Valve cover does not sound good to me.  Why would a valve cover leak unless too much pressure?? I did not ask on the phone, but when pick the car up I will run that Q by them.  Gaah!!

So, I should not be bored. snort. snort.

Have a cold front moving in tomorrow.  20's for lows and 40's for highs.  It is 75* now.  THAT is why I HAD to work out-of-doors today!

Myah is on my lap every chance she getsheart

See ya later.  Gotta get moving again as is 3pm already.  Time to start chow, ha!

Message 80 of 3,155
latest reply

Those shifty EYES are cracking me up ^^^^^^^.

Message 81 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the mini-bibles for the Barbies!

Off to bed soon - long day.

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 82 of 3,155
latest reply

And Shirls, CYE.

Message 83 of 3,155
latest reply

I think I just missed ya!  Need to stop lollygagging around.

Not much has changed since in here this afternoon.  I think my back is going to be OK!

Have a good night Rootie

Message 84 of 3,155
latest reply

@a_rootie_tootie wrote:

And Shirls, CYE.

I did and repliedSmiley Happy

Can you believe we are here at the SAME TIME?!?  What will happen next?Smiley LOL

(can hear good, bad, ugly theme in back ground)

Message 85 of 3,155
latest reply

think the place might explode?

And hmmm... I didn't get it?

Message 86 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh Rootie, I had to look at your posting times and it dawned on me there was another besides what I had seen.  So, gotcha covered.

Message 87 of 3,155
latest reply

You're the best Shirls!  Thanks!

Good night!

Message 88 of 3,155
latest reply

'Night Tootie!

Message 89 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes she is. **looks around for Sue**

Hi Rootie!

Hope your back is doing better Shirls, almost forgot ......... CYE for some low down.Smiley Happy

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 90 of 3,155
latest reply