cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

I think it's a puppy that needs to grow into his legs!

I've been pricing out new cast iron, mine is getting pretty worn out.  Of course I think I inherited most of it from my mom.  And steak sounds good, maybe this weekend.

The Queen sheds a fair amount and she loves to be on me all the time (she's purring on my lap right now).  I'm constantly covered with pet hair!  Q doesn't shed near as much but boy the pup does.  She's got that really fine undercoat and when she starts shedding it looks like she has mange for a couple of weeks no matter how much we brush her.

We've been staying pretty warm, haven't had to turn the heat up all week.  Not pouring down rain either.  What a weird winter.

Looking forward to the weekend and the Super Bowl.  Go Seahawks!  And then we get a week afterwards where the news will be nothing but football.  Then again, it's been nothing but football here for a few weeks.

I think I need to make cupcakes this weekend.

cupcakes.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 796 of 3,155
latest reply

You will have to send a few of the cupcakes through the teleporter.  The chocolate frosted cupcake looks so delicious!!

Myah decided she had had enough of getting her teeth brushed tonight and bit me!!  She has NEVER tried that before.  Got me on the thumb and nailed me pretty good.  She has such long, pointy incisors.  Even when she is relaxed you can see the tips.  She has grooves in her bottom lip where they 'fit'.  Cleaned it out as best I could(it really bled) and am current on my tetanus. 

63* by noon, but by 4 pm it was down to 46 and wind blowing like crazy.  Upper 20's by morning and maybe a dusting of snow.  Who's confused?, ha!!

By the time the Superbowl is over, you should have had your fill of football.  I could not believe the underinflation deal was talked about in the news again last night.  Not sure if we will watch any of the superbowl or not.  The commercials are always worth watching.  Love the clydesdales!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 797 of 3,155
latest reply

budclydes.JPG

Message 798 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the clydsadles too!  Such gorgeous animals.

Yes, by the time it's over I will be tired of football and ready for the baseball season.  Of course, if we win the superbowl I'll have to listen to this for another 2 weeks.  Oh well, everyone here is in a really good mood and that counts for a lot!

Shame on Myah!  Could she have a sore tooth?  The Queen has pretty bad teeth from malnutrition when she was a kitten (before I got her) so I take her in to have hers done so they can check for anything wrong.  She's already lost 2 teeth so I like to be careful.  At least she's easy to take to the vet - the other two are pains.

Crazy weather all around.  I had to turn the heat on this morning and it's supposed to rain today and this weekend (of course).  Rainy weather on the weekend makes me grumpy.

images.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 799 of 3,155
latest reply

800 SNIPE!!!

We have to watch Myah's gums pretty close as she seems prone to gingevitis.  As long as we stay on top of things with it.  Sometimes she is pretty touchy with an area which is a little further back in her mouth.  She also is not crazy about DH and is sensitive to his moods too.  On top of that, we were a little rushed(can't remember what else had gone on) and that did not help matters.  I'm just glad that if she was going to bite somebody, that it was me.  I don't think DH would have tolerated it too well. 

Oh, yeah, I am seeing on the news, people with their umbrellas.  Reminds me of people camping out to be first in line on Black Friday.  Can't you tell I'm not a sports fanatic?  But, i am sure we will turn the game on at some point just to see how things are going and catch a commercial or two, haha!

Message 800 of 3,155
latest reply

hide.jpgWell, that was a heartbreaking finish!  Going to be lots of second guessing calling the final play today.

And yeah on the 800 snipe! 

In a rush this morning - slept later than usual but boy did it feel good.  Wish I could go back to bed.

Message 801 of 3,155
latest reply

We didn't watch the game.  What happened at the end?

I didn't feel like doing my morning exercise this morning, so...I didn't!  Yay!!   I don't do that too often, but just was not in the mood for it.

Sure is a cute kitty looking out whatever it is he is bundled up in.

Message 802 of 3,155
latest reply

We lost in the last few seconds due to an interception.  It was sad.

Taking a day off from exercising is a good idea once in awhile.  Gives your body a break.  I just have to worry about giving myself too many days off!

I'm ready for another foray but it's supposed to rain here all weekend.  Let's go to a warm locale this time.

Came home last night and dh had rearranged the living room.  I'm not sure why, but I think I like it.

Have a happy!

funny-angry-grumpy-dog-tuesday-friday-face-pics-1.jpg

Message 803 of 3,155
latest reply

Had one of those days today, so not much in the mood to chat. 

A foray far and away in a warm place sounds good!

I think you will enjoy this, Rootie!!

Message 804 of 3,155
latest reply

That was great to watch Shirls! Thanks!  I love it when kittens try to make themselves big and scary.

Totally get not feeling chatty.  Sorry you had a cwappy day.  Consider yourself hugged.

And this is me today.

vision.jpg

Message 805 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Rootie!  Thanks pal.  The hug was exactly what i needed.

I looked at another video, but it was 25 minutese long and some of the stuff I really didn't like.  Some people think cats are there for their 'amusement' if you get my drift.

Did my grocery shopping today because roads may not be too hot tomorrow morning and it won't get much above freezing the whole day.  It did get up to 58* today, no wind and sunshine.  So, decided to do some burning.  Best therapy in the world.  With each load of stuff you add to the fire, along with it goes a load of negative sis-boom-bah.  Right now it is 34* and windy.  Supposed to be snowing but hasn't hit us yet.  Our weather is like a roller coaster.  In fact, our meteorologist  uses a rollercoaster image during her forcast.

Not sure what I will be doing tomorrow.  It is going to be one of those 'house-bound' days.  I think I will have a "vision problem" tomorrowSmiley Happy

Message 806 of 3,155
latest reply

You can have another hug if you want!  I stocked up at the store so have lots!

Your weather sounds as wacky as ours.  Lots of rain today after pretty sun last week.  No freezing, just rain.  Makes it all gray.  But the ducks love it!

Burning does sound like a good idea to get over the yucks.  Productive and satisfying.

Busy day today and then I get my haircut this afternoon - it's a mess right now.  I just keep pulling it back and calling it good!

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!

funny-cat-red-dot-laser-pointer-dog.jpg

Message 807 of 3,155
latest reply

I'll take it and give {{{you}}} one in return.

I have not used Ivory soap in ages. Bought some the other day and  just love the smell of it and it is gentle for the winter months.  It's a small treat.

Busier today than what I thought.  Exercise in the basement, bills, laundry, dishes, brush Myah's teeth, answer in-laws emails, change the 'furnace' filter, cleaned out the paper shredder, and worked on the taxes. Thought DH was going to have kittens when asked him to assist with the %!*% taxes.  THEN he decided to 'be busy' with his motorcycle(didn't work).  So glad I took a Xanax about 30 minutes before having to deal with his nonsense.  

Tried something new for supper.  Packaged sauce mix made by Campbells and it is really good.  Surprising since it comes in a package.  Moroccan Spicy Stew.  It is for crock-pots but since was not going to be that much, I just simmered on stove top.  Browned a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs(left it a bit pink inside since would be simmering for 2-3 hours).  Also added chopped onion, smoked paprika, lemon juice, a few more sliced green olives.  A little water.  Served over saffron rice and had asparagas with it.  Awesome!  Will definitely use that again.

Going shopping for a goodie box for MIL and SIL.  Of course DH will take full creditMan Mad  snort.

I think I need to finish burning yard stuff. snort.

Message 808 of 3,155
latest reply

Your dinner sounds super yummy!  I did chicken breast with onions, peppers & mushrooms and then added jalapeno mustard and had it with corn tortillas.  Was pretty  tasty if I do say so myself.

Thanks for the hug pal!  I needed one this morning.

Taxes are in my future this weekend (boo!). 

Totally changed my hairstyle last night - cut it shorter in the front and took off a bunch in the back.  Takes some getting used to but I like it.  Now if I can just get it to look this good without her doing it.

Have a ton of work to do today if I don't want to work this weekend.  Someday it will slow down and I'll be caught up.  NOT!

Reminds me of Q and his dog!

Funny-Dog-with-the-cats-quote-saying-funny-picture.jpg

Message 809 of 3,155
latest reply

You are getting braver with your hair.  Watch out.  That is how it all got started with me and then the next thing I knew my hair was only an inch long or less in places and the longest was probably about 2 inches.  I am trying to let it grow out now.  Had it pretty short for about 3 years and needing a change.  I know one thing for sure, I can't get my hair to look the way they do and I watch pretty closely too.

Your chicken does sound tasty.  I do pork chops in a mustard marinade with mushrooms and it is pretty good.  So, I'm betting your chicken was pretty tasty.  I bought a whole bunch of corn tortillas a little while back.  Don't know what I was thinking when bought such a big package.  Got the yellow tortilla but just not that crazy about them.

If you are going to have a nice week-end weatherwise, I hope you don't have to work either.

I went shopping today and boy did I have fun!  Here is where I went:

Lifeway

Target

Bath & Body ~mall

Claire's ~ mall

Spencer Gifts ~ mall (this place is wild)

Dollar Tree

TJ Maxx

5 Below

Hobby Lobby

Goin' Postal

I think it had been over a year since at the Mall.  Left the house at 10 this morning and did not get home until 4.  Shopping wears you out, but I sure felt good.  I think I just may go out again tomorrow too but only want to hit 2 places.  The Amish Pantry and a new Antique shop up north a hop,skip, and jump. 

Wonder what's going to happen with Brian Williams; NBC nightly news?

Forgot to comment on the puppy with the sniper beam on his head.  Bet that got interesting when kitty pounced.  Your kitty and dog today make a good pair.  They kinda match with the coloring.

Seattle looks like it is floating away.  Another Pineapple Express it sounds like.  Don't you just love all the names given to the cause of storms? 

Message 810 of 3,155
latest reply