cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

I got six new bee are a's.  Athletic type.  Needed them badly.   Also a pretty neat knife for Gulf War vets, an iron skillet that has ridges so foods have the 'grilled' look, and the boxed james bond barbie & ken set.  I was pretty happy with that.

It is already down to 28* and supposed to reach 20* by morning.  I think our high tomorrow won't even reach freezing.  i don't plan on going anywhere and intend on spending  the day either dusting and rearranging the dolls or reading.  maybe will do both,  DH was going to be out tomorrow, but since it will be so cold, he plans on staying home too. We have a scrabble game that I wish I could talk him in to playing, but he just won't do it.  I may have to call one of the neighbor kids over to play. Got the grocery shopping done today and it was a mad house.  Payday and holiday, so commissary was hopping.  They were out of a few things I needed.

Here lately when i finish posting,  I play a few games of Spider Solitaire.  It is addicting!  I have always liked solitaire.

Let me know about the foray.  We will have to rmember to wear fire-retardant clothing if we go New Year's Eve with all the fireworks going on.  I want to be able to fly right through the stuff.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 751 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah you!  I want the cast iron pan - all my cast iron is getting worn out.  Of course, I got most of it from my mother and she's been gone 20 years.

Am ready for the foray - might make it early if the boss cooperates.  Q has agreed to wear his party hat and is ready to go!

Heading to work early today so I can sneak out early.  4 day weekend - yahoo!

And I love scrabble.  Tell dh to quit being a party pooper and play with you.

1538882862_funny_pictures_your_cat_has_a_bad_d_xlarge.jpeg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 752 of 3,155
latest reply

Ready to go Shirls??

I'll meet you at the usual place and watch out for the fireworks!

happy-new-year-fireworks-12694.jpeg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 753 of 3,155
latest reply

Ready!!  And I am bringing 2 bottles of crave.  That stuff will help keep us warm in this cold wave we're having.  I think we will have fun dodging the fireworks.  What say you, we get as close as possible without a hit.  Better bring a fire extinguisher just to be on the safe side!

AND a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to you !!!

Message 754 of 3,155
latest reply

Okay - that was F.U.N.!  Just now recovering - I think the loop-d-loops scrambled my brains some.    I suspect you shouldn't have buzzed that plane though - the pilots were not amused.

Back to work today, but boy has it been nice having some time off.  Except for this cold, it could go away.

Rain started up yesterday, but at least it's warmer.  Supposed to be up in the 50s today but the wind is really going out there.  The Wonder Dog woke me up a couple of times last night worrying about the wind.

Make any good new year resolutions?  Sleep more is on my list!

Have a fun Monday!

funny_cats_lol_cats_no_mondays.jpg

Message 755 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm just glad brought the fire extinguisher.  You did realize your hair caught fire didn't you?  I think it happened when the one fireworks turned into a huge dragon which you tried to ride.  When it eventually blew into a number of starbursts you were just close enough to get some backblast. hahahahahaha!!  What a time!  We will have to do it again.

No resolutions.  I don't make them anymore.

Had the usual clean house Monday.  It was pretty chilly outside(not quite freezing), so hung the bedspread out there to freshen it up. It smelled so fresh afterward!.  Wanted to hang the rest of the washed stuff out there, but when that cold, does not dry.  By Wednesday, we are going to be pretty cold; single digits for lows.

Message 756 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah - that dragon thing was pretty darn cool!  I think we'll stick to one bottle next time pre-flight.  Thanks for the timely extinguisher - hair looks better than last time when you cut it!

Lots of rain here yesterday - should slack off some today.  I did manage to get a good walk in - it was nice and warm so perfect for walking.

Early PT this morning - blech!  I always feel better when it's done but getting motivated to go is a chore sometimes.

I found a new kitty stretch for us.  I think it's a good one.

aww-cat-cute-little-Favim.com-1494008.jpg

Message 757 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Surprised

He looks like he is going to do a hand stand!!  That is pretty cool!  And something I can't do for sure.

I have to push myself every morning that i go walk.  Once I get going I am fine and feel good afterward.  So, I know how ya feel.

Decided to do some extensive dusting today.  Spent the whole afternoon!!  Worked on book cases and the family picture shelving.  One thing always leads to another when decide to do something like this.  It leads to rearranging things, sorting, etc. etc. pitching too.  And always find something you fogot about.

Message 758 of 3,155
latest reply

NOW I can post my cute pic. 

funny-cute-cat-yes-no.jpg

Message 759 of 3,155
latest reply

A definite yes!!!

Wow is it cold!  Last I looked it was 10 or 11*.  Windy.  Supposed to be 0* by morning.  I checked last year's weather and is the exact same time we had the polar vortex last year. 

Let me see if I have a mischief making doll available......A242497-R1-19-5A_1.jpg

Guess it would have to be good ole Ken; (for now)

Message 760 of 3,155
latest reply

OH, that Ken is a mischief maker isn't he? 

So glad it's not as cold here as where you are.  I have problems with cold - as in I get cold all the time.  I've been running around the house on weekends in fuzzy socks, warm slippers, sweatshirts - you get the idea. 

Weekend's almost here!  No big plans - have to do a Costco run and have the football game on Saturday.  We aren't going to the game (which is fine with me, it's going to be cold!) but will watch it.  I love the stadium and the games are fun but the noise is always deafening and even with earplugs gives me a headache.

Got up this morning to feather duster bits all over the living room.  The Wonder Dog is usually so good about leaving things alone but apparently she couldn't resist killing the feather duster.  Silly pup.

And off I go!

funny-cat-meme-look-down-questioning-your-intelligence.jpg

Message 761 of 3,155
latest reply

Silly cat!  What big eyes it has!

Sounds like pup was bored or frustrated.  That's what I do when I get in those moods.  Can't keep feather dusters around here at all!!Smiley Very Happy

It was -1* this morning!!!!!  Glad the wind had gone down.  Great day for grocery shopping because the store was rather empty.  Hated to get out this morning though. brrrrrrr!!  I dress pretty much the same as you describe.  Love those fuzzy socks, sweaters, and sweats

Can't believe tomorrow is Friday!!  I don't know where this week went to.  Funny, when you are a child the time can't go by fast enough.  Now, at this age I'm digging in my heels because it is going waaay too fast.  At this rate we are going to need a foray every week!! haha!!  Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, but I think I need another day out of the house if ya know what i mean.

I get a kick out of your "Off I go!".  I can just see you getting ready for another day at the office.

Message 762 of 3,155
latest reply

I suspect that Q actually got the feather duster down and was playing with it and the pup just had to get in on the fun!  That Q is a serious mischeif maker!

We're still staying in the 40s and 50s but been foggy for a couple of days.  Pretty early in the morning at the office - can look across the lake and not see the buildings but can see the lights.  Please keep your very cold weather with you.  Thanks.

I try to go to the grocery store early in the morning on weekends - less people to annoy me.  (Crabby old lady that I am!)  Unfortunately that doesn't work with Costco.  Oh well, I only go every other month or so.

I really think the first week back to work after the holidays is the hardest.  Couldn't find motivation at all.  You'd think a paycheck would be motivation enough.

I'm totally recovered from NYE and ready for the next foray!  Hm.... it will be dark about the time the football game is over, think we should do some parking lot buzzing?

say frida.jpg

Message 763 of 3,155
latest reply

Don't know if you read the comic strip, Sally Forth?  Dealing with that going to work after the holidays issue.  It's even hard to get back into the normal routine, period.  Just kind of blah la you know.

I did some reading last night and next thing I knew, wasn't in the mood for much putering.  It was nice to get back to reading.  I think I need to do more; as it is relaxing.

4* again this morning!  Not sure if we made the freezing mark today or not.  Made Calderetta this afternoon and it was pretty good for this day.  I think we warm up a bit tomorrow-----like 40* and here comes the rain along with it.  This warm-up is coming from the south and that usually brings some rain with.

Tomorrow is Sunday.  Definitely need the re-charge.

A foray you say?  Sure, why not?  My broom is always ready, haha!!  No fireworks to worry about this time

Message 764 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes, I have been sympathizing with that comic strip!

Crazy weekend - didn't get 1/2 of what I wanted to do done but did get in a couple of naps.  Didn't think before I went to Costco that all the Seahawks fans would be there stocking up for the game.  It was crazy crowded but everyone was in a good mood so it was rather fun.  Even got someone to move the 40 lb bag of dog food from the cart to my car for me!  They wanted my parking spot.

Staying pretty warm and foggy - although the damp makes it seem colder.  Is it bad that I'm ready for spring already?  Maybe I need a sunshine vacation.

Lots of work this week.  Will you come cook for me please?  You always have the most interesting food.

Monday_Cat_CoffeeLOLMO.jpg

Message 765 of 3,155
latest reply