cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Good morning!  Monday on a Tuesday - wondering what's waiting for me at the office (I actually have a pretty good idea since I peeked in remotely yesterday and it's not good!).

Yes Shirls, that's when I lost control - but I found it later!

Your weather is awful, good time to stay indoors and play with Myah.  We've had rain, rain and more rain.  I am so ready for summer.

Off to work early - see if I can't tame the beast.

Funny-Animals-Water-wings-check-Flippers-check-Ready-for-Summer - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 61 of 3,155
latest reply

God made such interesting creatures.  Love their blue feet.

I am ready for spring!   Now I have 2 hyacinths in the house to watch.  I'll just bring the flowers inside to watch grow.

Still covered in ice and snow.  Only got to 34* this afternoon, so hardly much thawing.  Chopped the ice off the front step.  It was pretty thick.  Myah loves watching the birds as there are getting to be more searching for food.  Good variety.  Doves, Cardinals, Juncos, Song Sparrows, Titmice, Redwings, house and gold finchs, robins, and maybe a few more....there was a bunch.

Was supposed to take my car in for a major service this morning.  Called to make sure they had the part and the manager suggested I stay home.  Said my car was too low to the ground to be driving in the snow.  Things had not been plowed there, so changed the appt.  Fine by me.  Years ago had a camaro and drove it in some deep snow and slush.  It packed tight in the transmission and froze overnight.  Had to wait for it to thaw before could drive it.  Never did that again.

Sounds like work left some things for you to do just to welcome you backSmiley Very Happy  Would make one not  want to take a vacay but maybe that is what they are trying to accomplish, hahaha!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 62 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning!

I love those blue feet too - makes me want to go buy bright blue shoes!

I really want flowers in the house but Q wants them too and I end up with a mess to clean up (ok, dh ends up with a mess to clean up).  I'm thinking permanent botanicals for inside.  But you can keep sharing your pretty flowers - makes me feel Springish (is that a word?).

Glad you stayed home.  I really don't mind driving in the snow and ice - it's the idiots out there that make me nervous!  Haven't they ever heard of stopping distance?  But a Camaro sounds like fun in the snow.  I had a '69 Dodge Dart that loved the snow - that was fun!

Yeah, I did get back to a mess but it was totally worth it.  Funny, when I put the vacation on the calendar it was clear and the closer we got the more stuff got put on the calendar.  I think today I'll go into stealth mode so I can get more work done.  Going to have to take tips from this little guy!

stealth - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 63 of 3,155
latest reply

I miss my camaro!  That was the most reliable and fun car I think I ever had.  I did have a lot of fun taking it out that day it was snowing.  I had fun in that car periodSmiley Wink  This ice and snow was a bit too deep for this car too and was not about to have a transmission full again.  And yes, I don't trust the idiots around here either.  I feel safer driving through St. Louis than here.

I could not see the little kitty at first.  He blends right in the teddy bear.  Must think it is momma, ha!  Did stealth mode work for you today?  Did you blend in so no-one could see you, ha!  Glad you had a little vacay though.

It did not warm up much today either; maybe 35*, so still covered.  But the ice part is starting to soften, so now ya sink when walking across it.  Just never know which step will sink so arms fly up in the air when ya doSmiley LOL  Supposed to hit 50* tomorrow, so hopefully will put a dent in this stuff.  Had freezing fog overnite so the trees were bowing down with that and icycles from yesterday.  Snowplow finally went through today and got a newspaper delivered this afternoon.  Really missed reading it.  I am getting out tomorrow, woo hoo!

Message 64 of 3,155
latest reply

bouquet2.JPGbouquet.JPG

DH brought me flowers last weekend.  The lilies are opened now.  It is so springtime lookingheart

Message 65 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh how pretty!  What a sweet dh you have!  Think I need to hint to mine that I really need flowers.

Hope you warm up enough to get rid of the ice today.  And then don't get cold enough to re-freeze it!

Stealth mode was partially successful - I got work done but not near as much as I wanted so it's in early today again.  And I wonder if they got the kitten to match the bear or the other way around?

We have been having tons of rain and then more rain.  Supposed to clear up in the next couple of weeks I think which is good since dh needs to clear the gutters and I hate making him do it in the rain.  I'll make him do it in the rain but I hate to do it.  <insert grinny smiley>  Why don't I do it?  Because I have to get too far up on the ladder - he has longer arms!

I loved that old Dart - it never got stuck and just kept going.  And I could actually work on it - I can't even identify everything in the engine compartment of my new car!

Hopefully today will be quiet and all the idiots will stay at home.  One can hope?

idiots - Copy.jpg

Message 66 of 3,155
latest reply

The sun finally shone today! Yay!  First time since last Saturday.  It did get into the mid 40's, so did some thawing out there.  May get into the 20's for overnight low.  50's tomorrow, so this stuff should not be around for much longer.  Going into Kentucky today you could see more snow/ice had fallen there.  This is weird stuff.  First rain.  Then aprox 3" of sleet fell.  Better that it came down in form of sleet so would not stick to trees or powerlines.  On top of the sleet was another 2-3 inches of snow.  The sleet froze into a solid ice block so street and road maintenance could not snow plow the stuff off.  Salt would not work because no sun and would not get warm enough.  Yesterday was first good day of trying to get the roads cleared.  North further is a mess still, but had fun driving.  I don't know why it is so tempting to drive through snow; esp. where no one else has cut a trail yet.  Some things ya never grow out of.

DH done good picking that bouquet for sure.  Taking a picture is the only way to 'preserve' those beautiful flowers.

Finally going to get the taxes done tomorrow.  Been dragging my feet with that.

Having continual rain can be a real damper on the happy mood.  About cleaning the gutters and ladders.  When younger I didn't have a fear of heights.  Now is a different story.

Been reading "Into the Wild"; the Chris McCandless story.  Old story, but just learned of it.  Guess I did not hear about it when happened.  I was in college at that time and not long after return from the Gulf, so was pretty focused on staying focused in school and did not pay much attention to what was happening far northwest.  Was living in NC at the time.  Anyway, a very interesting story; but sad.  Many differing opinions about the young man who died in Alaskan wilderness after a couple of years of living on the hoof, traveling much of the western part of country, meeting people, many adventures, and finally made it to Alaska.  He used an alias, was avid reader of Thorough, Tolstoy, & London.  Defied his parents and what they represented; basicly wrote his family off.  Sort of a rebellion I'd say and trying to find himself on the run I guess.  Mistakes he made led to an awful death.

Tomorrow is goof off day(after taxes).  Hooray!!  Time change this week-end!

Message 67 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for sunshine!

That book is on my list of "to read."  There have been several deaths in recent years of people trying to follow his journey and I believe they decided to remove the bus where he died to try to stop people from making the pilgrimage to the site.

Boo on taxes but hooray for Friday!  I am so ready for this week to be over with!  Supposed to get some "sun breaks" today which will be nice. Enjoy your "goof off" day.

My attitude for the day:

hold - Copy.jpg

Message 68 of 3,155
latest reply

Guess that is the call of the wild for you.  I do hope they remove the bus as maybe that will make the place less 'attractive'.  What made me ddecide to read the book was because we watched the movie last week-end.  It was not an easy movie to forget about; it kind of hung with me for a couple of days.

Kitchen cabinets.  I must be losing a bit of stature; I'm having to drag a kitchen chair over to reach the top shelves.  2 of the bottom cabinets are buggers because now I have to get on my hands and knees to reach the back corners. (I used to squat, but the knees are screaming) I could leave that space empty back there, but that would be a waste and I don't know where else I would put all the stuff.  I am beginning to think that whoever designed these did not have older folks in mind.  Guess that is my whine for the day.

Beautiful day and had fun being out in it.  Sun was shining and it did get into the 50's.  I think 60's are predicted for tomorrow.  Had no problem finding snow to drive the car through againSmiley Very Happy  Don't know what my deal is with having to drive through snow.  I must miss the days of NE and MN.

Message 69 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Saturday!

Weather may be nice enough I can start on the spring clean up out in the yard!  Dh and I just walked the yard and talked about everything that needs to be done - anxious to get going on it.  I did notice some new leaves on the lilacs so spring must be close!

Normal weekend stuff going on - got to make a Costco run, laundry, all that happy stuff.  After being gone last weekend my laundry has piled up some.

I hear you on the cabinets - I've always had a problem with the top ones, especially because dh has this habit of putting everything there!  I have a stool but usually this is my solution.

short girl - Copy.jpg

Message 70 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep.  Pull up a chair.

Another very pretty day.  Was able to finally get the ice chipped off the sidewalk.  Walked in the yard, but it is 'squish' with every step.  Even if I could get out there to do something, it is way too muddy to work.  And it is raining tonight.

Did my fleamarketing today.  Lots of people out and about, so was kind of fun. 

Don't for get the clocks speed up tonight. 

See ya later.

Message 71 of 3,155
latest reply

We actually never got pretty weather yesterday - hoping for some sun today.  Right.

Did get all my laundry caught up and then went and took a nap.  I love naps.  And since I am up way too early on a Sunday I will probably take another one today!

Did you see all the silly news reports that little girls shouldn't play with Barbies because it gives them warped ideas of women.  Really?  I played with Barbies and Skippers and all the rest and have no weird body image issues or anything.  Guess I learned the difference between play and reality.  What a concept.

Did you find anything good at the flea market?  Pastel fleas maybe?

And most of my clocks re-set themselves so it makes it easy on me.  Don't you love technology?

Have a beautiful Sunday!  (and yes, I know the below pic is actually for fall, but I thought it was cute anyway!)

pets DST - Copy.jpeg

Message 72 of 3,155
latest reply

It's Monday, it's raining and I have to be at work too early. 

monday face - Copy.jpg

Message 73 of 3,155
latest reply

65* today!!  But, I am in here slaving away instead, ha!

I have heard about those reports for a while now.  I played with Barbie too as a child and never got any hang-ups about my body because of her.  In fact, if anything, back in the day, she was an inspiration.  Always dressed nice, was a working girl, had a good friend, and a boyfriend.  Most of all, she was just a doll that I loved to play with.

Love your Monday face.  Could be any day of the week faceSmiley Very Happy

Gotta run or walk fast may be better in the house........I'll probably drop by later and add more chatter or blather.

Message 74 of 3,155
latest reply

th_bump_2.gif

Look it! It's Shirls and Rootie!!!

super-1.gif

Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the water, lol.

Btw, There's a Jaws marathon on AMC right now.

I brought the Kool-aid if someone brought the cups..Smiley Tongue

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 75 of 3,155
latest reply