cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

What a sweetie he is!!  Such cute gifs you find!

So did you fly on your broom today?  Maybe not a good idea if the weather is as bad as 'they' say.  Not sure if you are in that mess or not.  Stay high and dry!

I'm still drinking lots of water and keeping warm.  Colored my hair today.  Needed it bad!  Even got a few cards done.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 721 of 3,155
latest reply

Ha ha!  No I didn't take the broom - much too windy!  They are calling for very windy and rainy today - gusts up to about 75.  But we broke a record yesterday - 66 degrees!  I can see the fountains on the lake from my desk and the wind yesterday was blowing the water from the fountains sideways.  Was pretty cool to watch - not so fun to drive in.  People are nuts.

Bummer on the tick bites - little buggers probably gorged themselves with poison oak just before they got you!

Every year the local fire department sends Santa around on an old fire truck to drive around the neighborhoods.  He showed up just as I got home and was unwrapping a big gift box of Hawaain chocolates someone sent me - made me feel all festive!  Maybe I'm finally getting the holiday spirit!

And it's Friday already - right?  Please?

cat-plays-with-yarn.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 722 of 3,155
latest reply

That cat is a hoot and the caption fits perfectly!  Throws the arms up in despair, LOL.

Saw some news footage of the bay, SF.  No ferry rides today!!  I have been on a ferry there passing San Quentin and seeing the GG Bridge.  Pretty neat.

Put up more lights today and picked up the ham for Christmas dinner.  I am getting excited about fixing the meal, ha!  Worked on some more cards but can't say I am all the way to catching the spirit.

People are nuts and it doesnt have to blowing rain sideways.  Had big ole Escalade try to wipe me off the road today.  Right beside me and decides he wants in my lane.  What a scare that was!  Then I fumed.

Message 723 of 3,155
latest reply

Wasn't that cute?  Cats get so expressive.

We got a bunch of wind but nothing bad last night - not near enough to go on high alert the way everyone did.  It was worse closer to the coast, of course, but we didn't even lose power.

Did have some scaffolding come down from an apartment building they are building downtown.  No injuries but.... seriously?  High wind warnings and they don't secure the scaffolding?

I think we're doing ham for Christmas too, hadn't really thought about it much.  Depends on if we have sis & family over, I think.

Glad the Escalade didn't take you out Shirls - people are so clueless!

Friday, Friday, Friday!

TGIF-Cats-4.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 724 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the messes kittens can get themselves into.  They get so skeered then & try to figure a way out of their little mess.

Glad nothing bad came your way.

It was downright cold this morning.  18* I do believe is what the thermometer read.  Put my longjohns on for the morning walk/jog.  Nice sunny day though and NO wind!  Warmed up pretty quickly so stayed outside for a while this morning.  Did not want to come in after getting warmed up and acclimated.   Air was so fresh, nice!

Just kind of messed around for the rest of the day.  Probably going to bed earlyER tonight.  Have a long day tomorrow.  Going to Nashville and leaving 0dark30.  Hopefully we can hit the farmer's market while there and pick up more Indian goodies.

Have a good week-end!

Message 725 of 3,155
latest reply

Have fun in Nashville?

I love really crisp mornings - always so refreshing!

Had a really busy weekend - got some shopping done and, although I dreaded it, went to the phone store and got us new phones.  Since mine was randomly shutting itself off even when fully charged, etc., etc. I figured it was time.  I just hate phone shopping.  But it ended up being a fairly pleasant experience, sales kid was knowledgeable and helpful - figured out exactly what I needed fairly quick.  So yeah!  Only problem is that my old phone permanently shut itself off before we could get the contacts out and dh doesn't remember what password he used when he backed the phone up.  We'll get it figured out today - I was just too tired to mess with it last night.

Have to go back to the store tomorrow night - how did they manage to forget to take the security tag off one pair of warm up pants and how did I get out of the store with the tag?  I can't figure out how to get the tag off without damaging the pants - bah humbug!

Off I go!  At least it shouldn't be all Mondays this week.

Monday_Cat_CoffeeLOLMO.jpg

Message 726 of 3,155
latest reply

Got stocked up at Farmer's market.  Love going there.  Then we tried a Turkish Restaurant for lunch before heading home.  Was in for a real treat there and price wasn't too bad.  I just love trying different foods.  Now to see if can find the recipes for the stuff.

Dh keeps telling me I need to get a new phone.  I'm happy with what I have.  Don't use it that much and all I make on it are calls so what more do I need?  hahaha!!!

Had a quiet Sunday.  Messed around in the doll room.  Parted out a couple more to make room for a couple of new ones coming sometime this week.  Finished my cards today and the very last decoration.  I'm done.  Have what I need for Christmas dinner, so all set.  Now all we need is a little snow.

Had my typical clean house Monday.  I can't think of a better day of the week to ruin than a Monday.

Message 727 of 3,155
latest reply

Yum for Farmers Markets and Turkish food!  Where's my care package?

I really don't do much more than calls, texts and email on my phone and I only do the email because of work.  But we had an old plan that gave us unlimited data - didn't really need it.  It's fun to play with the new phone though and it's got a great camera.

You ready to come clean my house?  Since you do yours on Monday should be easy for you to come do mine on Tuesdays.  Oh, and you can finish my decorating while you're at it!

Got the grocery shopping done last night after work and have to get more gifts after work tonight.  Going to be a busy week.  Didn't we just have a weekend?

Is it too early to start with the Christmas cats?

106327i849482113919C404.jpg

Message 728 of 3,155
latest reply

That cat has a pretty big yap!  Don't think I have seen one stretch that far.  He could easily take a chunk out of a person's arm.

I got to do the dentist routine today.  Have to go back for a small filling.  No cavity, just a peice of an older filling came out.  Wanted me to come next week on the 23rd.  Are you kidding?  The week of Christmas do I feel like getting the drill?  So, go the week after.

I'm getting tired of keeping a clean house, so don't wait on me to be showing up any time soon to clean your house unless of course there is something in it for me because there isn't much in it here ha!  I don't know.  I don't think I could stand my house not being clean.  I'm not a neat-nik or spotless, but I do like it clean.  A couple of gals I know that are retired have told me one of things they don't do any more is clean house.  Maybe one day I will reach that point.  I never expected to hear that from either of these 2 as they just were not the types to let their houses go.  Would have no problem finding something else to do, that's for sure.

As the week progresses, each day is colder than the day before it.  We may have some rain-snow-sleet on Thursday.  brrrrrrrr!!

I'm really tired for some reason.  Hope it does not mean I'm coming down with something.

DH cooked tonight.  He made beef and broccoli stirfry.  It was really good.  He threw celery, carrots, and sweet pepper in there too.  So nice to not have to cook but the kitchen was sure a messSmiley Very Happy

Message 729 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep - he really stretches it!

Boo on the dentist!  I'm with you - no dentists on holidays!

LOL on the house cleaning.  Somedays I settle for "the appearance of clean".  I like my house to be nice and tidy, dh cleans like a guy - which means if he doesn't trip over it he doesn't see it.  Or maybe it's a really good avoidance technique!

I had chicken stir fry last night - yum.  Just did peppers and mushrooms and celery in mine but it came out good.  And I didn't even make a mess in the kitchen!

And you are not allowed to come down with something just before Christmas.  Get one of the fairies to sprinkle healing dust on you.

And this guy has a point:

h83ACE82C.jpg

Message 730 of 3,155
latest reply

Hahaha!!  Poor bulldog, but he sure looks the part doesn't he?

I went to bed about an hour and half earlier than usual.  Took me no time to fall asleep so finally got that 8 hours!  Felt pretty good when got up this morning.

Nasty weather moving in later during the night.  Not supposed to be too much....rain, sleet, snow kind of stuff.  Hope not; got things to go and places to do tomorrow.

My DH used to be a lot neater and help clean.  Now he is just plain messy.  Sometimes I just leave his mess(though it drives me nuts)just to let him know I'm not his personal maid.  He will clean it up or pick it up then.  Maybe I need to be more consistant with that.

Message 731 of 3,155
latest reply

Lucky you on the sleep!  I need some - maybe this weekend.

Sounds like a good day for you to stay inside and putter.  We're doing the rain thing again but it's staying in the 40s and 50s so not too bad.

I do love those grumpy dogs, they crack me up.

On the run already this a.m. - be glad when this week is done because I'm working 2 days next week and 3 the following week.  Hooray for holidays!

h2C05803D.jpg

Message 732 of 3,155
latest reply

Not sure what is going on.  Says I'm on page 37 but i am back in February for some reason.  So, will reply and see where it takes me......

Message 733 of 3,155
latest reply

Still ended up in February.  My stuff must be turned around and I didn't do it.  Clicked on "go to your post" and it brought me here,  YAY!

Had a little rain and sleet this morning.  Stuff was frozen on the deck and mailbox, but the roads were good.  Stayed in the low 30's for a high today.  Got the groceries and made it to the consignment shop.  Withdrew a couple of my things; not selling, so bring it back home.  Took some 'new' stuff in, so hope better luck on that.  Was listening to a couple of women shopping together.  One would find something...."OH you could use this!"  "How much is it?"  "1.75"  "Nope, if it is over $1.50, I don't buy it!" This went on for 3 different finds.  I mean, what $%&*@ do people expect.................maybe they need to shop at the "everything's a dollar" store. 

Anyway,  waiting on a package.  Been tracking it and it should have been delivered today.  It reached Nashville and left there at 05:30 this morning.  generally, when it does that, it makes it to my PO in time to go out for delivery.  No record of it since it left Nashville.  Weather was not that bad, but maybe too many packages?  Nah.  It does not take all day and night to go a few miles.....

I bought some red felt reindeer antlers today, the kind you wear on your head, to put on my lawn deer.  He is sort of protected, so hope they last for this season.  He sure is cute.  Put a red ball orn. on his nose.

Message 734 of 3,155
latest reply

Way behind - will stop by tonight but have to make you laugh this morning!

h97B0DD94.jpg

Message 735 of 3,155
latest reply