cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Happy Sunday!

I like shopping too Shirls and really don't mind Costco most of the time.  Dh on the other hand wants to get in and get out so browsing is difficult.  But since I'm taking him solely as muscle he'll have to behave!

Have you posted a pic of your 3 foot Barbie?  I'll bet she's adorable.

If you go to "tools" in FF you should be able to disable anything you don't want running.  I love FF but I think the only add-ons I have are the ad blocker, invisible hand (which compares prices, handy little thing) and my password manager.  You should be able to do the same in IE.  Make sure you clear your cache and cookies and when was the last time your hard drive was defragged and your computer rebooted?  Those are my standard easy fixes.  I spent a few hours recently arguing with a tech from our work phone company - for some reason I couldn't send faxes and he insisted that it had to do with the fax modem, wouldn't believe me that the outgoing faxes (and who uses faxes anymore?  Some places require them though.) didn't route through the fax  modem.  I hate it when techs treat me like I know nothing.  Fixed them though - when we moved offices I switched companies.

Got some errands run yesterday and then did a whole bunch of nothing the rest of the day.  Think that will happen today too.   I've been watching the TV series Chuck (have no idea why I picked that one) on Netflix while I recuperate and The Queen has decided she likes that show.  Every time I get an episode going on my laptop she has to come sit on my lap and watch with me.

Off to get coffee!

weekend coffee - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 616 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Rootie!!

I have been doing the defrag, disc clean-up, clearing hx, cookies.  Do the last 2 each night, but started to also clear the cache nightly when I finish.  Do defrag and clean-up once a week.  It does seem to help, but after a session on ebay, it is dragging again.  I get little alerts that tell me it is firefox exe causing the CPU usage and disk write activity.  EXE is a program installed(not by me)but apparently when 'it' kept popping up to download I must have hit the wrong 'x'.  I think all I need to do is 'uninstall' or disable the program.  I'll see how things go after I practice the maintenance on a regular schedule.  Thanks for the tips pal.

Had a really nice week-end.  It got pretty chilly here one night and did turn the heat on.  Upper 30's.  Now, have been having thunderstorms.  Some areas have hail, high winds, and even 2 reports of tornadoes.  By tomorrow we should be back into the upper 70's again.  This weather better straighten out by next week.  Neb has also been having nasty weather.

Since I can't seem to burn pics from the camera 'card' to a disc anymore(for some reason I don't know, worked like a charm before), I have not taken any pictures.  I think I will use my other camera and have the photos put on a disc when get them developed.  The digital ws so nice...instant photos.  But that little 3 footer is cute!!!  I don't think I will sell her now...not for a while anyway.  She is the first edition of 'My Size' Barbies that came out.  Put too much time in the hair for one thing.  The last one I sold wound up back at the consignment shop as a donation.  No clothing....marked up...and her hair was a nasty mess.  She WAS a nice doll too.  Another collector type needs to buy this doll.  Sounds a little snarky I suppose, but that is how I feel about it.  Little girls love to get into the doll hair.  The other 3 footer had ringlet curlsSmiley Frustrated  I guess once they buy the doll, it is theirs to do with whatever they want.  I just don't EVER want to see what they didSmiley Very Happy

Time to get ready for bed.  I messed around on here too long tonight. 

Little dachshund so gentle with his cup of coffee.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 617 of 3,155
latest reply

3footerplay.jpg

the one on the left is first one sold...

Message 618 of 3,155
latest reply

3ftBigHat.JPG

here is the one that did not sell and I re-did her. (was not selling her in this outfit tho)

Message 619 of 3,155
latest reply

What beautiful girls Shirls!  Must have broken your heart to find the doll in that condition but, like you say, once someone buys it they get to do what they want.  Just hope some little girl had a lot of fun with it first.

Nice weather here - got into the mid-70s and lots of sun.  Really pretty day.

Busy day ahead - work and then got to get my hair done, it's a mess right now.

Going to try to be invisible in the office today to get stuff done.  Think this will work?

607201cfe5223c2c31d91fa3722aa293 - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 620 of 3,155
latest reply

Raining this morning which was nice.  Getting a lot of leaves on the ground now and the combined fragrance of leaves and rain was so nice.  Have the windows open tonight to help cool the house down.

Love the eskimo dog.  They are so pretty I think.  He is cute in that bed of flowers.  So did this "you can't see me" trick work for you today?

Speaking of hair.  Mine is sort of a mess just because it does what it wants.  I think since I have been wearing this short short cut,  my hair is thinner.   Sometimes I feel like letting it grow out a bit but it is difficult to get the hair to look nice as it transitions.

The geese just flew over the house.  I like hearing them.

Message 621 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Wednesday!  I love that dog - looks just like one I used to have.  She was seriously the dumbest dog I ever owned but so sweet you just had to love her.

We're supposed to get rain for the weekend but it's been lovely the last few days - I love fall weather.  The trees are just turning and it's all so lovely.  But supposed to drop to the mid-60s and rain all weekend.  Already getting inside projects lined up.

I was watching someone feed the geese on the lake by where I work - noisy things, but so cute.  When I was growing up we had a pair of geese we kept in the backyard - made really good guards, wouldn't let anyone into the backyard at all.

My hair looks lovely - how come I can never get it to look as good as she does?  I am thinking of going short but my hair is really thick and curly and I'm afraid it would just go "poof" if it didn't have the weight to keep it somewhat straight.  We'll see.

This week is dragging already.  Guess I'm not as healed up as I thought.  Just want to do quiet stuff.  Oh well, I'll get there.

Bought the Halloween candy last weekend and have hidden it from the candy monster I live with - hope I remember where I put it.

Have a great day!

hA63F3BBA - Copy.jpg

Message 622 of 3,155
latest reply

Those dogs are pretty!  Love the eyes.  Are they the ones that are mute? They have such thick coats.  Don't know how they can stand living in the south where it is so hot.

I took the scissors to my hair today.  It looks much better now.

I just finished watching tv a bit ago.  DH turns it on maybe half hour later, and we have no picture.  Audio, but no picture.  It has done that before just out of the blue.  Did not work for a couple of days and then came back.  Last time it happened was probably about a year ago.  Not sure what is going on with it.  It is one of those HUGE Sony Trinitron.  It must weigh 200 pounds.  I remember the last time it went out, DH was not worried about it because he did not care to be watching. Didn't matter I could not watch.  Now he is all upset this time because HE is the one who can't watch.  He keeps bugging me about it.  Don't know what he thinks I ought to do.  The older men get........

I don't do trick or treat anymore.  Used to have a blast doing it and would dress up too.  An old neighbor of mine would go all out.  She loved to scare the kids.  Nowadays, not sure what would happen if you offended someone with costume or scared them.  I got tired of high-school kids grabbing candy.  Now trick or treating has to be done before dark.  That was part of the fun.  All this talk and now I want a piece of candy.  Just make it chocolateSmiley Happy

I'm glad it's only Wednesday!  I wish it would slow down.

Give it time Rootie and you will be back to par again.  You are such a go getter.  I recall a back surgery and someone over-doing after that???

Message 623 of 3,155
latest reply

On the run this a.m. for another fun day.

Back later to chat but I suspect I'm going to be saying this all day long!

stop - Copy.jpg

Message 624 of 3,155
latest reply

doyoumind.JPG

I mean really....do you mind?

Message 625 of 3,155
latest reply

Watched Noah on the laptop tonightSmiley Surprised

A lot of added twists to the story.Smiley Mad

Heavy rain this morning on the way to grocery shop.  Cleared off and got very humid.

So, how did your day at work go?  Did you need the lemur?

Message 626 of 3,155
latest reply

LOL Shirls!  Perfect!

Yes, I needed the lemur.  Good thing I'm a sweet, patient, tolerant person who never gets aggravated.

We get tons of trick or treaters since we're within walking distance of 5 schools (3 elementary, 1 jr high and 1 high school).  But once the 20 pounds of candy is gone, we're done.

If I took scissors to my hair I could scare all the kids on Halloween.

Any luck on the TV? 

Did you get anything good on the grocery shopping trip?  Don't forget we'll need "fuel" for the Halloween foray.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend - need to catch up on email, do the bills, and finish the last season of Chuck which I have been binge watching while I recuperate.  Cute show.  I will check out Noah.  The Queen loves it when I watch shows or movies on my laptop - she sits on the computer table or my lap and is just fascinated.  Sometimes she tries to catch whatever is on the screen, but mostly she just watches.  Silly cat.

And FRIDAY!

368bf646894c1f4158eef1df5762d79e - Copy.jpg

Message 627 of 3,155
latest reply

You are telling the truth aren't youSmiley Happy

Hair needs a little evening out this time.  I have done better that is for sureSmiley Very Happy

Mitzi, the Siamese from long ago, used to watch tv.  Especially if I watched Nat Geo or some show with animals esp. cats.  Did not matter if they were little cats or BIG cats.  What was so entertaining is when the cats would run off the screen, Mitzi would run fast to the back of the tv thinking that is where they disappeared to.  Myah doesn't seem to pay any attention.  It takes a lot to get her interested even when there may be kittens crying on the show.  I figured since she was once a momma cat who had several litters, that kittens would be of interest.  Nope.  She could almost care less.

TV is goners.  Took both of us to load that thing on a dolly and get it out of the house.  First try it would not even fit through the door so had to 'stand on end' on the dolly before it would go out.  Next job is to get it loaded in the back of the truck.  That thing is just humungus.  Glad now that it is out of the house.  We are too old to lift on something like that.  I could never clean behind the entertainment stand because I could not budge the thing.  One strange thing I had noticed for several years is when i would clean the inside windows, there would be a lot of black stuff on the glass.  When I cleaned the inside of the cabinet where the tv had been, the sides and the underside of the top were very black.  Here I thought it was polution.  Now I am wondering if this tv was emitting some carp?Smiley Surprised  Now that it is out of the house, if still have black residue on windows then will know it was polution.

Message 628 of 3,155
latest reply

Me lie?  I'm so offended!

Bummer on the TV - wonder what all the black is from?  Probably something toxic that will shorten your life by 10 minutes.

Yeah, doing my own haircuts never works for me - some things are best left to professionals.

Easy day yesterday by order of dh.  Felt kind of good.  May do it again today after I do the laundry, etc., etc.

2256346da025edcc588a0be13475de37.jpg

Message 629 of 3,155
latest reply

You both do make some long posts @ times. hehehe

Glad you two are enjoying and keeping each other's company!!

Just wanted to drop by and say hi to the good folk here.

Missed ya...... a little.

Take care...

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 630 of 3,155
latest reply