cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Now wait just a doggone minute!!! THIS time I DID space my subject matter and still came out in one paragraph. Remember, don't click on ANYTHING!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 526 of 3,155
latest reply

It's Ebay, who knows why things get so screwed up. And I have lost my tool bar again and so no Friday pic. Will try tonight. And I'm running late and out the door!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 527 of 3,155
latest reply

Now I can post my cute Friday pic!

644119_622887957761733_781121283_n - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 528 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't he a cutie!?  I think he is liking the sun on his face.

I don't think i will be long on here tonight.  My neck is absolutely awful.  Had not been doing my neck exercises as I should, plus I think I slept on it wrong last night.  But as the day wears on....you know how it goes....need to get the heat pad out.

I'll see ya later, Rootie

Message 529 of 3,155
latest reply

I forgot to ask - did the cat have a hot date or  something?  Did you rent her out for a birthday party? 

Busy Saturday but today is my rest day.  No sailing this weekend - bummer but just couldn't get things coordinated.  That's okay - I'm thinking of learning to paddle board next weekend - it looks like so much fun.  Assuming physical therapist agrees it's an appropriate exercise (I still need adult supervision as you can see).

I'm ready for the next excursion - need to think of a good target though, always more fun when we can customize our plans!

And this reminds me so much of Q!

waffles - Copy.jpg

Message 530 of 3,155
latest reply

its_monday_xlarge - Copy.jpeg

Message 531 of 3,155
latest reply

Sorry about the bad news of your friend, Shirls.

Rootie, is the PT almost over? Is it helping?

Seems we all need rain....

talk later.....

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 532 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the cat wailing for his waffles.  He is a bellringer for Q.  If it had a black chin and mustache, it would also look like Sadie.

Weekends sure fly by.  I took it easy for a change.  Not only was my neck messed up, but had one of those 'catches' in the back along with it.  Saturday go to reach for the bathtub faucet and BAM!  One of those that lock you up and catch your breath.  So, I got to rest on the couch.  Man that was heavenly...no work whatsover and just watched tv.  DH was'nt here, so I relaxed quite a bit.  Read a little Wind in the Willows and decided to finally make something out of the fabric I bought nearly a year ago.  Made a nice outfit for Barbie.  Came up with my own idea (well, I suppose I borrowed something from somewhere, but I claim it as my own creation).  Took a couple of pictures and as soon as I figure out what is going on with burning pics from the memory card to a disc, I will post  them. Sat at the table to do that.  Pretty relaxing; but when I sit at this computer, my neck just gets too tight.  So, stayed off for the week-end.  Once it gets better, I'm sure I'll be back at it again.  I think God had a plan to MAKE me take it easy for a change:-)  And by messing up my back, didn't notice the neck so muchSmiley LOL

I see posting is back to normal.  See what happens this Thursday.  Isn't that ebay's day to do tweaking?

Hi Mark!  LTNS.  I've been thinking about my friend too, thanks for your thoughts.  How are things down your way?  We did finally get .75 of rain yesterday.  That was SO nice.  Had not heard thunder in such a long time.  That even sounded pretty good.

Message 533 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Mark!

Sorry you're in pain Shirls, that sucks!  But nice you got some down time.

Craziness abounds around here.  If I make it through this week we seriously need to arrange a broom race!

Off I go!  Feel like this today:

addc - Copy.jpg

Message 534 of 3,155
latest reply

If you are not whitening, you are yellowing!!

Dental appt. today.  Glad I got that out of the way...at least until next time.  Did not notice the teeth sensitivity as much today since my back was complaining about the dental chair.

Guess who DH almost ran into outside just a bit ago??  He was just a few feet away when he saw the patch of white.......yep another stinky!  I don't know how close DH has come to nearly running into these guys!  Cicadas are late coming out the ground this year and are just emerging around here.  Skunks love to eat them.  Knew we were having a skunk visiting the back yard because of all the dig sites where they dig up the Cicadas.  I figured as long as not a problem by the back door again, fine.  But, when they are creeping around right outside the door, that is another issue.  Not sure I want any more 'Live Action woo hoo'Smiley LOL

I don't know Rootie....I have whipped the poison ivy and working on the neck and back right now.....and then there is stinky.....I think I am with you on having a broom outing.  I think if we can make all right turns I will do fine.  I am kind of missing our broom missions.

I need that t-shirt BTW.

And in honor of our frequent guest here at home:

Message 535 of 3,155
latest reply

video was supposed to be at the end..........................................

Message 536 of 3,155
latest reply

Hiya Rootie!!  I was just notified of your presence.

Message 537 of 3,155
latest reply

Found this earlier and thought it had a great variety of cats.

This should start your day out just right...

Message 538 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that is great Shirls!  I popped in last night to tell you something (I forget what now) and called called away before I got back.

Sorry to hear the pest is back - going to try trapping again?  And that video always cracks me up.

Okay, going to have to be strategic if all we can make is right turns but we'll get something fun going.  You have auto pilot in case you get too tired, right?

I'm hunting for that t-shirt - see if I can find two.

Off to the races I go!

pew pew pew - Copy.jpg

Message 539 of 3,155
latest reply

Hiya Rootie!

I get a charge out of that video too.  Always hope I don't play it too often, but is always so easy to find.  Not sure what I will do yet about this skunk.  All depends on how much of a pest it makes of itself.

Had an ending to the day that really blew wind.  Literally.  Eating dinner and could hear thunder; then the rain; and then the wind.  News said it blew 70-75 mph.  I know the trees were getting pretty well whipped about.  Neighbor lost half of one theirs that line the driveway.  We did get a good rain though and all that was just a 20% chance, ha!  After things settled down, looked out the window and there sat a hawk on the back of DH's motorcycle.  Pretty as you please.

If my neck and back get straightened out pretty soon, I should be able to throw in a few left turns but won't be able to do any stunts like skimming the pond or taking a tree top.  I'm not real comfortable with auto-pilot; I prefer to stay on my toes when flying high.

Great idea on the t-shirts.

Like the skunk photo.  Amazing they were given all the white trim.....all the better to see them at night.  That is IF they have a lot of it.

Message 540 of 3,155
latest reply