cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Nice to have you back!  In my time troubleshooting technical issues I have learned to start with the easy stuff first - saves a lot of teeth gnashing, screaming, crying, angst, etc, etc.  Not to mention crawling around under desks and getting someone to move heavy things out of the way.  Kind of like your dehumidifier/freezer issues - look for the on/off switch first!

I think setting up Barbie scenes would be a blast.  You never get too old to play with dolls.

A foray is a good idea this weekend.  Should be good weather even though we missed the super moon.  Let's get some of that cool rainbow colored smoke this time and really freak out the grimrucks.

Early to work today - maybe I'll sneak out early too!  Just don't tell the boss.

ambush - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 466 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning everyone, it's a happy friday for sure.

Thanks for putting your trust in me Rootie. Smiley Happy  You made my week!

th_tumblr_ln8172SWb21qh2mpqo1_400.gif

10-4 on the marbles!

I'm speechless...besides what I just wrote. ^^^

Bye!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 467 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm sore from pinching myself. just wanting to make sure this is not a dream.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 468 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Great day here too!  No pinching; it's real.

I am ready to do special broom maneuvers and flyovers.  Weather is perfect for it too.  I just may bring the Fart Blaster.Smiley LOL

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 469 of 3,155
latest reply

Ok, no pinching or group hugs allowed!  They both annoy me! (I'm a crabby old lady, I can get annoyed!) Glad it's a great day for everyone!

Feels so good this morning - cloudy and about 65 so I have the house open and actually slept until 7 a.m.

The double loop-de-loop came out good last time Shirls, want to try for a triple?  There's a really big wine festival going on near me this weekend, wait until just after dark and really give them a show!

And look, Q really loves his octopus toy!

Q & OCTOPUS - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 470 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, you are just a crabby old lady aren't you?  Need to go out and do more loop-de-loops.  The wine festival sounds like a good time.  A fun one to buzz and maybe catch a little buzz ourselves.

Another nice day before the heat wave comes back.  Cool morning and misting.  Made for a great walk/run this morning.  Felt so good.  We finally did something today and had some FUN for a change.  Was truly a good day.  Nice to have those as that is when I can be me:-)  Found a pretty Cardinal garden flag today.  Also one for the fall.  And then I found a sale on incense and bought a ton load.  Hope it smells as good burning as it does in carton.  Hate the stuff that just smells like dry, irritating smoke.  Back in the day used cone type.  Can't find the kind I used, but it was good!  Favorite was patchouli of course.

Look at Q!  What a sweet dweeb he is!  Your rug looks quite a bit like ours, so reminds me a lot of Sadie(another dweeb).  Myah is really liking to be up more on my shoulders.  Been taking her out on the deck more.  She used to be terrified to go out there, but now she is liking it and investigating more.

Not sure what will be doing tomorrow.  Don't know if will go to church or not.  Sometimes don't decide until the very morning.

Message 471 of 3,155
latest reply

doyoumind.JPG

Speaking of irritating smoke, do you mind?!

Message 472 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh great - now you've got the Barbies getting all PC on us!

Got over being crabby - a day off will do that for you followed by triple loop de loops.  I just about fell off the broom when your troll doll hit the guy's wine glass - nice shot!

Q likes dh's shoulders to ride around on - he's just too heavy for me to carry around.  One of our old cats would ride around on dh's shoulders all the time.  He liked to go for car rides and that was his spot.  When we'd take him to the vet for shots he'd just stay up there with his head tucked in to dh's neck while they gave him the shots and then back to the car.  Max was an awesome cat.

And you're right - Q is a dweeb without a doubt.  Unlike The Queen who is a perfect lady all the time.

I always have problems with incense - plugs my sinuses right up.  Strange.

Got errands to run today - need new shoes.  Okay, I probably don't really need new shoes but I want some new shoes which is kind of the same thing.  Right?

Glad you had a fun day!

And you know, I keep telling dh this, but he never believes me.  He's lucky I only use my powers for good!

Funny-Animal-09 - Copy.jpg

Message 473 of 3,155
latest reply

Just a quick fly-by tonight.  Had to stop to say the kitten is adorable!  Just want to pick him up and cuddle him under my chinheart

I hope today was the last of surprises around here.  Went to start the car this morning and guess what?  Dead batterySmiley Surprised   I still made it to church; took the other vehicle.  We put the charger on it and is slow going.  Hope have enough juice to get me to the shop in the morning.

Tried some of the new incense.  It is good stuff!  Not the kind that smells mostly of smoke.  This is GOOD! and does a slow burn so it lasts a while. Smells so good and not over-powering. Will have to remember this brand but have so much I don't think I need to worry about running out for quite some time.  It is HEM brand **bleep** India.

I'm tired so hitting the hay.  Sundays have always been a sleepy kind of day for me.  Getting ready for a new week I guessSmiley Happy

Those Tonner dolls are always having some sort of tif.

Well!!  I could not post this post with the name of the location in India where the incense is made.  "Not permitted in this community".  WHAT????

Message 474 of 3,155
latest reply

DsOTW.JPG

Message 475 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I like the India Barbies!  Looks like they are setting up for a bonfire and you know what that means....

Bummer on the car.  Mine did that for no apparent reason the other day.  Ok, I guess leaving the lights on for an hour with the engine off might have been a reason.

I think the weather had something to do with my sleepy Sunday yesterday.  Down in the mid-60s and cloudy all day.  Just felt like sitting around, but we know that didn't happen.

But in a good mood today - ready to face the day with wonder & joy!  (I keep telling myself)

Message 476 of 3,155
latest reply

Got the battery replaced today.  It had been in the car for 6 years, so I guess it was losing pep.  Supposed to be a 100 month battery, so didn't quite make it.  When it decided to die, it went pretty fast!

I have poison oak.  Guess when I did some trimming in back yard last Friday, must have made contact with some.  I didn't see any, but with my allergy to it, just the dust from the plant would trigger a response.  Have some nasty blisters on left hand between the fingers.  Have a little on the pinky of R hand and arm too.  Hope it doesn't spread.  It itches so bad I just want to give it a good scratching, but I would be in serious trouble if I did that.

The Doll of the World barbies are among my favorites.  I like their little elephant toting sticks.  If they start a bonfire I better watch the other group so they don't go messing in it.

The rest of my jabber is in an email; so CYE.Smiley Wink

Let me see, I think the last time I met the day with wonder and joy was Saturday.  Guess I'm not doing too bad, ha!

Love the dogs' eyes!!!  Wow, all excited over that ball.  Nice to get happy over the simple joys in life, eh?

Message 477 of 3,155
latest reply

Ouch on the poison oak - that stuff is yucky!

My office has a lot of ducks around and, as I discovered yesterday, big ol' turtles!  I had a great time watching a 1/2 dozen of them moving around yesterday.  Rather cool.

Email checked and reply will be forthcoming after I get to work.  Hey, got to take a break sometime!

Nice cool weather and maybe some rain today - will really help with the fires.  So many of them this year.  As long as the lightening stays away.

This guy cracked me up (I'm easily amused).

funny-pictures-cat-is-immature - Copy.jpg

Message 478 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep, a wise old tom looking a little worn.  At least he does not have any big notches in his ears.  The farm toms used to have the tips of their ears missing from all the fights they would get into defending their territory or going into someone else's.

Everything went good at appt. today, yay!

This poison stuff is kind of spreading or breaking out later than the other.  I am trying to be careful...like wearing gloves and keeping my hands tied behind my back.  Myah is typing this for me.  Hope I don't need to see the doc for meds or shot.  Have had to do that in the past.  I have big plans this week-end and don't need to be covered in rashes and blisters.

Glad you are getting some rain.  Heard about the fires.  I think the whole western 1/3 of the country is a tinder box.  My concern is  the water shortage CA is having.  I can see in the future fights over water; esp. between states.  We have big cracks in our yard because the ground is so dry.

Your ducks and turtles would be neat to watch.  Hard to sneak up on turtles.  I love to see them lined up on a log sunning themselves.  I saw some Canadian geese today; so pretty.  We usually have a group that makes flights over our house but, the pond across the road is drying up, so they have moved elsewhere.

Hump day tomorrow and ANOTHER appointment.

Message 479 of 3,155
latest reply

I took a cat to the vet one time and the vet told me "your cat has lots of scars on his head and none on his butt, he's never run from a fight in his life."  He was a mean old guy, except to me.  He was my baby.  Funny how that works.

That poison stuff sounds scary - if it's spreading like that maybe seeing the doc now would be a good idea?  Maybe?  Glad to hear the other tests came out good though.

Not sure what kind of geese these are - I'm going to have to get a pic and look it up.

Do the weekend plans include brooms?  Or dolls?  Or did the sheriff nix giving the fairies license to roust the grimrucks?  Do tell.

Is it bad I'm ready for a nap at 5:30 in the morning?

Reminds me of Q for some reason.

Animal-memes-can-spot-a-bird-from-across-the-yard-520x440 - Copy.jpg

Message 480 of 3,155
latest reply