cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Saturday!  Going to get up over 90 today so I have the house all opened up and am sucking in the cool air.  Supposed to stay hot for the next few days, good thing I like the heat!

The great event happened and I am truly happy about it!

Flea markets are kind of hit or miss.  Sometimes I find tons of stuff and others I find nada.  But it's always fun.  And yes, you should wear your "play" clothes and dig through some of the stuff - can find some weird junk that way.

I want to work in this office.

best office - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 451 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm not typing much.  Last night this thing just quit printing out as I typed.  Cursor freezes and that is it.  Mouse pointer and click works, can close windows and shut down.  Just stops typing.  What you suppose is causing this?  I hear either puter too full or too many programs running.  Huh? to either of those.   Keyboard messed up?  I could not even type in passwords.  It froze earlier this evening writing email.  Shut down and start over with new email.  OK.  Just afraid to get started on sumthin good and have it stop.

Hooray for event (smile)

Heard about your high temps.  One more day here and then a bit of a cool down for couple days.  Yay!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 452 of 3,155
latest reply

Shirls - unplug the keyboard and then plug it back in (assuming you aren't using a wireless keyboard) and then reboot the computer.  Then check to see if your keyboard driver is up to date.  That should help.

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 453 of 3,155
latest reply

Hope you got everything fixed Shirls!

hatemondays-167-as - Copy.jpg

Message 454 of 3,155
latest reply

I'll bet the grimrucks ate Shirls' keyboard.

lol cat - tuesday - Copy.jpg

Message 455 of 3,155
latest reply

Get ready to laugh yourself silly. Did full system scan. I did disk clean-up, defrag, delete some carp, call some shops, talk to BIL.  Some say there is a program or malware running the background that is causing computer to be so slow that it can't keep up with typing.  Some said puter was too full. Some said malware. BIL says to restore back to original...WHAT?!?!?  No way.  Rootie, I get so fed up, that I just stay off the computer for 3 days.  Come back in tonight(of course I don't come HERE first).  Same thing happens again, can't type.  I run diagnostics. DH says "BUY a new puter!!"  (all grumpy).I keep hearing this little beep before all quits.  What is that I say?  Hmmmm I wonder if the keyboard cable is loose....I crawl under my desk thinking this is the first thing I should have done since I knew full well my problems started after I blew all the cat hair out the keyboard and when I picked up the keyboard to slam the crumbs out i remembered that I did PULL too hard on it...........

yes, the cable was loose....

you gotta love me

Message 456 of 3,155
latest reply

chickdinner.JPG

You said the whole chicken!!

Message 457 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah!  Shirls is back!

Too funny on the keyboard - sounds like something I'd do.  But darn, when dh told you to buy a new computer you should have run right down to get one!

Love the chicken - cracked me up.

Message 458 of 3,155
latest reply

Glad you are good to go Shirls, hate to say it, but Tootie hit the nail the head. She deserves a kudo for that..

The solution was so simple,that I bypassed it..thinking it's the 1st thing one would check first..oh Shirls...

Rootie~ sorry I used the c word in Stinky's group chat and sorry for bad mouthing ur couch 2yrs ago.

I never forget things..it's a curse!!! Maybe you don't also. So there ^^^, I'm sorry!

Are you big enough to accept that?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 459 of 3,155
latest reply

But darn, when dh told you to buy a new computer you should have run right down to get one!

She's correct!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 460 of 3,155
latest reply

it's the 1st thing one would check first

silly me^^^^

Message 461 of 3,155
latest reply

big willing.

that's the word I was looking for, it was on the tip of my finger. Smiley Happy

hope everyone is having a good day.

Message 462 of 3,155
latest reply

It's FRIDAY!  Well, close enough - Thursday's over so I figure it counts as Friday. So looking forward to a quiet weekend after the "big event" last weekend.  I finally have everything organized and can't get some actual work done and maybe get some sleep.

Mark - I do appreciate the gesture and say we should just put all that in the past and go forward.  Just don't go losing your marbles again <insert grinny smiley> 

Message 463 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey you guys!!  Too soon for a group hug?Smiley LOL

It is nice to be posting again!!

Rootie ~  And to think I thought of checking the cord/port BUT did not do it.  Wiggled the cord and made no difference, so assumed it was a bigger problem.  So silly of me, harSmiley Frustrated

I like Barbie and her chicken too.  What is the point of having these dolls if you can't have a little fun with them, huh?  In fact, DH is the one that brought that chicken home for the dolls.  At first he did show some interest in them and would have fun by re-arranging my doll set ups.  Some of those were pretty funny.

I remember when Mark lost his marbles and have wanted to bring that up for a long timeSmiley Wink  And I don't mean anything bad by it either; was just one of those fun times.

Came home today after grocery shopping; went to put put stuff in the deep freeze and the thing was thawing.  Oh no, not falling for this because DH had commented the dehumidifier wasn't working either.  Have one of those little red 'breaker' buttons on the plug-in upstairs and sure enough it had popped out.  Reset it and all is fine, but do wonder what tripped it in the first place.  Maybe it is the grimrucks.  We may have to go out on a sortie mission this week-end, so make sure your broom is good to go.

Message 464 of 3,155
latest reply

"put put stuff" ^^^^

can't you tell I'm excited about posting again?

Message 465 of 3,155
latest reply