cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Good thing you were looking at the scruffy before pic if you were going to get caught looking at nekkid dolls.  It would make one wonder what their hubby was doingSmiley Wink

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 436 of 3,155
latest reply

Back to the usual grind for a Monday.  I missed doing a few things todaySmiley Sad  It was in the upper 80's and windy here.  It sure is getting dry.  The grass is developing the grey-green color and the ground is hard and dry.  Hopefully we will get the rain they are predicting tomorrow, but can do without the storms.

Making this short as signed in a little late tonight.  Have been watching NatG's Decades.  Caught a little of the 80's and watched some of the 90's tonight.  Forgot all about Jerry Springer.  Never watched too much of him, just caught a few shows to see for myself what kind of man he was.

What a pretty boxer.  Thinks he is people the way he has head on pillow and under covers.  Amazing what dogs will pick up from their humans.

Message 437 of 3,155
latest reply

Is it Friday yet?  'Cause guess what great event happens on Saturday at approximately 6:30 in the morning?

I'll have to look up that show Shirls.  I don't watch much TV - the news in the morning and the baseball game.  Sometimes Big Bang but I usually fall asleep to something old on netflix - once I'm in bed it's hard to stay awake.

We've had smatterings of rain but mostly sunny and warm.  Sticking in the low 80s this week I think - I'll take it.

Almost organized at new office and now trying to get caught up on the actual work - you know, the stuff that pays the bills?

I want a boxer just like that - Iove boxers.

Sunglasses today - sun's already bright.

cool - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 438 of 3,155
latest reply

Barbies say 'hi' from Japanbarbkimo2.JPGI'll BBL

Message 439 of 3,155
latest reply

The cat and the dog make a good pair.  I like that picture.

If you get National Geographic, you will find the special.

Sounds like you will be eternally busy.

Hot & dry.  No rain as predicted.  If DH would have used his motorcycle today it probably would have, but since he drove instead, I think that kept the rain away.

Message 440 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the Japanese Barbies!  Good job!

I don't know if we get National Geographic - have to look.  8 gazillion channels and I watch 2.

Hot and dry here too - not complaining, I like the sun right now.  But remember to watch your pets in the heat.

chocolate-dog - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 441 of 3,155
latest reply

Aren't the girls cute?  So much fun dressing them.

Yeah, we have a gazillion channels too, but usually watch the news and maybe enough other channels you could count on one handSmiley Tongue  Series is done and over anyway.  Thought one more night, but all done.  I just happened to catch a night of the 80's, so watched the 90's.  I don't know where they began.  Would have been cool to see the 60's and 70's too.  You do forget a few things.

Oh!  That dog....he looks as though he is hairless.  Yes, he would either burn or melt. ewwww.

I'm tired.  Had another night of not being able to go to sleep.  So frustrating and keep thinking about what time you want to get up in the morning.  I am having a bout of tinnitis.  Sounds like someone is rattling a bag of marbles just outside my ear.  That and that  **bleep** mockingbird singing all night again.  He has been singing all night and most of day now for about a week.  Wondering if he lost his mate.  They sing like that in spring when trying to attract a partner, but even then, not at night.

Going to get to bed early tonight.  Have to have labs drawn early AM and then get groceries.  I'll be hungry.

Message 442 of 3,155
latest reply

I'll bet it was fun dressing them up.  Maybe I'll head over this weekend so we can play dolls.  You up for a sleep over?

I'll look for that series on Netflix - things tend to show up there pretty quick.

We had a pair of barn owls once that did their mating calls right outside our bedroom window - it was cool to hear but made it hard to sleep!  I imagine it's the same with your mockingbird.

Hope you remember to eat after the labs and before the grocery shopping - I hate grocery shopping when I'm hungry, everything looks good!

2 more wake ups and the great event happens.  I can't wait!

This reminds me of Q for some reason.

plan - Copy.jpg

Message 443 of 3,155
latest reply

You bet!  I'm always game for an awake over.  Got lots of dolls and clothes to go around!

I forgot to take something with me to eat after labs done.  So, stopped in the little coffee shop downstairs and just zoned out looking at bear claws, apple turnovers, blueberry muffins as big as a plate, apple fritters, & sausage, egg & cheese wraps.  Not one piece of fruit in the place.  So went groc shopping hungry.  Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but when i got home dug out the chips and hummusSmiley LOL

What is the first thing you going to do?Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  Bet it will seem strange tho.....

Cute cat.  If it were black and white would remind me of Sadie too.

Tomorrow is Friday yay!  Going to the flea market.  Been a month.  Hopefully they have something 'new'.

Message 444 of 3,155
latest reply

That was a tripple 4 back there.  Do we snipe those?Smiley LOL snort

Message 445 of 3,155
latest reply

Have fun at the flea market!  I'm planning a really quiet weekend, except for all the happy homeowner stuff we have to get done.  Got the toliet flange replaced and discovered the drain for the tub is leaking.  Such fun.

Got to get to work early and finish doing some organizing so I can rearrange some stuff - decided to move furniture around.  Couldn't I have decided that BEFORE I put the stuff in the file cabinets away?

Have a great Friday!

friday dog - Copy.jpg

Message 446 of 3,155
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

Barbies say 'hi' from Japanbarbkimo2.JPGI'll BBL

Almost did not recognise the B in the back..now that she is dressed.

Do you have the Spanish or the Mexican Barbie...they both started some controversy.

The Spanish B is dressed as a bullfighter and the Mexican B has a passport..

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 447 of 3,155
latest reply

Have I ever showed you a pic of my doll, Shirls?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 448 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, I don't feel so bad now about filling drawers or whatever AND then deciding to move stuff.  The older I get, the more little dum things I do.  I thought a person got wiser as they aged? hmmmmmmmmm.

Not much going on at the flea market.  Amazing how one month the place has got really cool stuff and then give it a week or two, and goes the other way.  I think vendors come and they go and that explains the sudden change in how booths may look or what they have.  Can't stand a messed up booth and won't even go in to look.  Maybe that is the one i should be digging through to find that #1 Barbie buried in a heap of carp.

DH said the guest tub area was leaking when he was downstairs(water dripping from above).  It's not doing it now and could not find the leak, so who knows.  Our garbage disposal finally went beserk; turned the thing on and made awful sound.  One of the chopper deals in there broke off.  Always somethin'.

Have a happy week endheart

Message 449 of 3,155
latest reply

matador.JPG

You mean this one??

There have been so many controversies over different Barbies; most have been rediculous.

I think I have seen your doll.  Didn't you used to post it way back when?

Message 450 of 3,155
latest reply