cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

You know Shirls, if you can make her feel safe and comfortable without the drugs that is awesome!  I don't mind a little neurotic behavior in my animals - I figure it's their personality!  The Wonder Dog goes totally nuts about things being on her back and noises she can't tell where they come from.  I just give her tons of love and reassurance most of the time.  If I know something is coming that is going to bother her - like 4th of July I go ahead and give her doggie downers just because I think it would be mean to put her through it if I can avoid it.  And fireworks go on for hours around here.  Sounds like Myah picked a good owner.

Our weather is currently boring.  Around 50 and rain.  Getting lots of snow in the mountains - glad I don't have to travel over them right now!

Nothing exciting planned today - just work, work, work.  Be glad when I can retire, but that's a long way off!

But I'm feeling good today - nice to be in a good mood so early in the morning!

funny_pictures_kitten_is_too_happy-s492x466-31391.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 31 of 3,155
latest reply

Myah is funny.  She is learning how to 'get around the coat'.Smiley LOL  She knows now that if she backs her way out from under the covers, this will pull the coat off entirely.  She has also figured out that if she sticks her nose under and inside the neck(collar) she can get this off and it rests on the back of her shoulders.  It is comical.  She loves it when I do take it off for a while during the day to give her a good brushing.  Talk about ecstasy for a cat and some chuckles for me.  DH tells her that she is just my clown.  Partly trueSmiley Tongue   Wonder Dog and Myah would probably get along.  

Not much going on around here today.  Had some thunder/lightening/wind/rain action last night just after I had gone to bed.  Our 'big' night is supposed to be tomorrow night.  Fingers crossed.  We really don't need all this rain though.  Our yard is just a boggy soggy mess.  Wish I could fax this stuff to California where they are in desperate need of it.  I did however, finally get outdoors to do my old walk/run route.  Could tell had not done it in a while but does not take long to get back to where i was.

Worked on some goldish tan cargo pants I found at the thrift shop.  Decided to convert them to capri length.  Put a cuff on them and put buttons on the outside of the cuff.  Hard to explain just exactly what I did to the cuff, but did not want the leg opening to be the full width of the pant leg.  I kinda like the color of these things...maybe that is the color I want for the LR.

I guess had better off my duff and head to the kitchen to see what I can come up with for dinner. 

Later

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 32 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning!

Myah sounds like a smart little kitty Shirls!  Funny how their personalities develop and they work their way into your heart, isn't it?  Q is currently snuggled up to his heater even though it's not really cold in the house - he's going to be really bummed when I put it away for the winter.

I like the sound of those pants - lucky you to be able to alter them.  I am a hopeless seamstress - I can put on buttons and do straight seams but that is about it.  Just never learned that skill.  And now you're repainting to match your wardrobe?  Interesting hobby.  <insert grinning smiley>

Out the door early this am - got PT and then a long day at work but the boss is out of the office Friday and Monday so I can get a ton of work done while he's gone (or not!).

Have a great day and keep grinning!

funny-barn-happy-face - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 33 of 3,155
latest reply

Ever wonder what a smiling barn is up to?  Better check what's going on upstairs(the hayloft) tee hee.

Good evening!

Much quieter evening than anticipated thank goodness.  I think the meteorologist from the WC thought there would be something too since he was in Nashville tonight.  There were reports of hail, high winds, and unconfirmed tornado sightings in surrounding areas.  I am just so glad we escaped the stuff.  It got up to 78*  here today can you believe it?  Had the sun shone, it would probably have been even warmer.  Such a drastic change.

LOL @ painting the LR to match the wardrobe.  That could get interesting.  Would be very eclectic for sure.

I'm trying to find that Sports Illustrated mag with Barbie on the cover wrap.  That will be like searching for a needle in the haystack.  There were only 1,000 of those put into circulation.  Maybe that is why the barn is yucking it up, snort.

Yay!  Friday is on it's way!  Goof off day. 

Have a good one, Rootie.

Message 34 of 3,155
latest reply

Glad the weather wasn't as bad as feared Shirls!  We had rain and wind, the usual. 

And yeah, I kind of wondered what was happening in that hayloft too!

I'll keep my eye out for the Barbie SI but I'll bet they are hard to find.

Hooray for Friday but I have so many little things to get done this weekend - just keep adding to the list.

But I've got the office to myself today and Monday so I should be able to get a ton of stuff done.

And check out the smile on this guy!

Message 35 of 3,155
latest reply

With only 1,000 of the mags with the barbie cover wrap, it will be a tough find.  I have not gone deliberately searching everywhere, but when I do make pit stops, I take a look. So, yeah, keep an eye out there for it.  You never know......I keep saying that about finding a #1Barbie too, but I keep looking.

Here's the doll.  Can't believe what some are paying.......

SIlongshot.JPG

Message 36 of 3,155
latest reply

I wanted to say the dog reminds me of Muttly; the cartoon dog?  Remember how he used to sound when laughing?

Message 37 of 3,155
latest reply

Got a bunch of stops to make tomorrow so I will keep my eyes peeled Shirls!

And yes, that's exactly who that dog reminded me of!

Tired tonight - was a long day.  Going to hit the sack early.

Message 38 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Saturday!  I've got so many errands to do today but next weekend it's 3 days at the coast with dh!  Hooray!

The weather wusses are talking about snow tomorrow - really?  Fortunately they aren't talking about much snow.

The Queen decreed that I could not sleep in this am.  It's hard to get mad at a cat who is purring and patting your face.  Good thing she is really cute.

Given the way I was awakened this am, this appears appropriate!

caturday - Copy.jpg

Message 39 of 3,155
latest reply

A long day today.  Was out the door at 7:30 this morning and got home around 3:30.  Drove through town this afternoon and the traffic was incredible.  Such a beautiful day but had to spend it indoors.  Mid-week next week we may have snow and temps in the teens again.  I am so sick of thisSmiley Mad  We just had 78* Thursday with thunderstorms.  I think I will have another piece of dark chocolate.Smiley Happy

Staying home tomorrow and plan on doing nothing but reading.  We shall see.

Message 40 of 3,155
latest reply

Yum... dark chocolate.

I had a busy day too - out the door at about 7:30 to get the tires rotated (I thought they rotated when you drove!) and then shopping.  Got home just as it was spitting snow but we didn't get anything significant (yeah!) but calling for more today.

Taking the day to read a book sounds like a good idea.  Unfortunately, I have laundry, bathroom that needs cleaning, etc., etc.  But at least I don't have to go anywhere today.

Getting ready for our trip this upcoming weekend - hooray!  I hope it storms - sitting in front of the fireplace watching the ocean when it storms is really relaxing.  Taking a bunch of good books, etc. and plan on taking it easy.  If the weather allows we'll fly a kite, otherwise we'll just stay inside and enjoy it.

For some reason, this little guy reminds me of me!

Funny-Dog-Pic-Doberman - Copy.jpg

Message 41 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the Dobie wanabee.  Cute pic for sure.  Have a nice trip.

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 42 of 3,155
latest reply

So Shirls, did you get to read all day and what did you read?

After a really busy weekend I now have a really busy week ahead.  Go figure.  At least I'm mostly alone in the office today so can actually get work done.  See?  Bright side to everything.

Back to 40s and rain.  Getting a lot of snow north of us but it's not getting us at all.

This is the kind of greeting I get from my dog and wanna-be dog every evening!

peacock - Copy.jpg

Message 43 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, I didn't get to read all day, but did spend about 3 hours or so reading.  First off, the Sunday paper.  Not sure you would call it a thorough read, ha!  I worked a bit on the crossword.  I did take down one of my old Western Civ books to re-read a few things starting at the Middle ages, crusades, history of the church, the dawn of humanism, and just barely started on the  Reformation.  I have always had a hard time getting in to history and would rather cherry pick but will force myself to read other stuff just to get 'familiar' or to try to keep my brain from growing too many cobwebs.  Would I pass a test after I read?  Probably notSmiley LOL   Reason for taking the book down in the first place was due to the pastor's class he gave Saturday.  He went into a LOT of history and was shocked at what I had forgotten or did not know.  Told myself it was because it had been 22 years since studied that type of thing.  My only reassurance was what the instructor told us at the beginning of her class:  "Don't go  thinking that you are going to remember much.  But down the road a ways, some things will at least be familiar to you when you hear about them again".

Back to a normal day of reading cleanser labels and cooking instructionsSmiley Tongue

By Wednesday we will be back to teens for lows and maybe 30 for a high.  We may have a bit of snow tomorrow night.  Now, didn't we just have a tornado about 50 miles south of us last Thursday?? It was 78*........a very testy sort of winter this year.

That dog is a cutie.  That is about the size of dog I like or a bit bigger.  The tail is going a 100 mph and look at that face!

Message 44 of 3,155
latest reply

Amarylclose.JPG

Amarylis is blooming!!

Message 45 of 3,155
latest reply