cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Oh Shirls, that's awful.  Enough awful to make me go hug The Wonder Dog.

Almost done - big movers today and then just the dump/donation guys tomorrow and last minute stuff on Monday (taking Sunday off and going to baseball game).  I am so ready to have this over with.  And then there's just getting the new place organized.  Glad a 3 day weekend is coming because I'm going to hide out the entire time and not even think about work.  Yeah, right.

Have a great Friday!

sad friday - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 406 of 3,155
latest reply

Yay for you, there is light at the end of the tunnel!  I think we had better go zooming on your 3 day weekend so work can't find you(OR visa versa):smileytongue:

Claudia got out of her cage today so was in for a treat when I went downstairs.  She was having a good time down there on the loose.  Actually, she was being a good girl.  It was too cute!!  I had left one of the little doors open by accident.

Skunks are in the neighborhood!! Haha!!  Neighbor's dog(Madge)got a little shot last night.  He was playing ring around the rosie around the birdbath with a baby skunk and the baby sprayed him.  From what I read last summer, they can spray when only a few weeks old(forgot exactly), but pretty young.Smiley Embarassed

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 407 of 3,155
latest reply

Where are ya Rootie!!?  I need your help, quick!!  I caught a skunk last night!

Now what??!!Smiley LOL

Message 408 of 3,155
latest reply

Set him loose near the grimrucks camp!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 409 of 3,155
latest reply

Great idea, but already loaded him up and turned him loose.  He was a feisty little bugger with all the grunts, growls and those infamous lunges!!Smiley LOL  Even got a good view of the back end of him, but I guess he was too tired.  Once I got him to release sight, could not get him out of the cage!!  I picked the back end up several times and finally had to shake it to get him out.  His pointy nose would emerge and then he would keep going back in.  Finally he did go though.  He was also very pretty.  Had a huge white mop of hair on his head.  Very little for stripes but a good sized white tip on his tail which was v-e-r-y long.  And he did not stink up one bit.Smiley Tongue

Message 410 of 3,155
latest reply

Claudia sounds so cute!  Nice to see her getting into mischief - means she's getting bored I think which is  good thing, she'll want to experience more and more freedom soon and maybe she'll get healthy enough to go back to being outside.  Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Sounds like the skunk wanted to go back to your house - maybe a little birdie told him you were nice to wild animals?  You're braver than I am looking at his back end.

Day off today - going to a baseball game.  Hooray!  I am so sore from moving, sitting still for awhile will be nice.

Having a happy day today!

sashay - Copy.jpg

Message 411 of 3,155
latest reply

Monday!  Last moving day - just a few things to finish up at the old office and then to start putting together the new office.  Be glad when this is over with.  I'm tired.

Had a great time at the ballgame yesterday - my team was on it's game and pulled off a beautiful win.  Hooray!  Cheered me up immensely!

And off I go!

monday-face-_-funny-animal - Copy.jpg

Message 412 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the penguin!  Always wanted one when I was a child.  Tried to talk my dad into getting one for me.  He told me it was too hot in NE for a penguin and that he would not survive.  Course I thought for sure we could come up with something....like a tub full of ice 24* hours a dayMan LOL  Back to the photo, trying to remember from the documentary; "Marching Penguins" what this dance is all about.

I am bushed today.  It just seemed had a lot of things to do.  I think it is because it was just so hot.  Had to water everything after dinner.  It was 7:30 before got back in the house.  By time cleaned up, it was 8:30p and was ready to just flop on the couch.  Watched some of Nat G's "80's".  Pretty interesting to watch.  I think next week they will cover the 90's.  Wish I had paid attention to scheduling as they may have covered the 60's & 70's too.

Bet you will be glad when the dust settles and can get back to an ordinary day.  No doubt you are looking forward to this 3 day week-end coming up!

Message 413 of 3,155
latest reply

I wanted a koala bear Shirls - never got one but I made a good case for it!

Got all the stuff at the old place finished up and started on the boxes at the new place after I moved all the furniture around in the new place - I have bruises in the oddest places now.  Moving will do that.  Going to spend the week working on getting semi-organized.  At least I know where my "touch this and die" boxes are!

We're supposed to be up in the 70s for the foreseeable future - hooray!  Should be a lovely 3 day weekend.  Got to run by the vet and pick up "doggie downers" for the pup - she hates fireworks.
  I am so looking forward to a three day weekend.

Going to head in early and start organizing.  At least I know where the coffee supplies are.

funny-polar-bear-pool-tire-head-im-tired-pun-pics - Copy.jpg

Message 414 of 3,155
latest reply

Aww, cute bear with a tire around his head!

And I bet you don't remember exactly when you bumped yourself or how you got the bruises either.  When working like that, you discover the bruises later.

Got to know where the coffee is so can be the first thing on the list to do in the morning when you get to the office.  Sounds like the worst part of the move is over~ hooray!!  You are so going to enjoy this week-end!

Not much exciting going on around here.  Just hot and humid.  Been in the low 90's.  Had a little wind and bit of rain around 8pm.  Blew some of my tree pots over.  Have one more hot day and then the next 2 days should be in the mid-80's with lower humidity.  I would much prefer the 70's myself, but guess will take anything under 90.  It was already 76* at 6:30 this morning.  If I want to walk, I need to get out right away.  Otherwise it gets too hot, esp. as early as the sun rises and is already scalding.

Message 415 of 3,155
latest reply

You're right - I don't remember how I got most of them, except the one on my foot.  I remember dropping something on it.  Might have been a hammer.

Our weather guys were way off - it was 94 yesterday!  We are not used to that kind of heat at all.  Only supposed to be 80 today and then into the 70s.  I'm with you - have to get the exercise in early or it's too hot.  Of course, I haven't needed much exercise lately besides moving!

Are you ready for the 4th?  Got to run the broom in for a tune up this afternoon.  Think I'll get my nails done while I wait.  Glad I have a full service shop nearby!

Stay cool!

sexy - not used - Copy.jpg

Message 416 of 3,155
latest reply

Our high tomorrow is supposed be 78*.  I'll have to see it to believe it. 

Around our house the 4th won't be any different than any other day.  Don't remember the last time we did anything for the 4th.  Usually have some good displays right here in the neighborhood, but there is nothing like the big city celebrations.  So, I am thinking I will get my broom souped up for the week-end.  I think it could be fun watching the fireworks from above and maybe dodging a few high flyers.  I'll pick up some old fashion donuts and peppermint schnapps.  I would REALLY like to spend a couple of days on the beach.  When lived in NC, we were only about 4-5 hours from the coast.  Kinda miss that.

So what colors are you having your nails done in?

Dropping things on the toe does not feel so hot.  There is always something in the fridge door dropping through the wide open space of the shelf and occasionally coming down on the toe.  @!%& !!

Hippo looks pretty nonchalant don't you think? Ha!

Message 417 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray!  Friday on a Thursday!  Bring on the 3 day weekend!  I think I am just going to collapse in a heap all weekend.

Never did get my nails done yesterday - probably Saturday.  After I worked 12 hours yesterday I just wasn't up for it.

Make sure they put the fire retardant on your broom bristles - don't want any smoking bristles when we go over the fireworks.

And off I go!

animal-memes-alligator - Copy.jpg

Message 418 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Rootie ~  I will see you when I see you. 

CYE

Message 419 of 3,155
latest reply

Hugs to you and I responded.

Message 420 of 3,155
latest reply