cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

And where are my manners.....

Bronx and artie you can stop by any day.  Hidey hoo too! The more the merrier they saySmiley Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 361 of 3,155
latest reply

Here's the link to the story

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/06/10/woman-faces-animal-cruelty-charges-two-counties/1026...

Message 362 of 3,155
latest reply

Perhaps I should try it?

Artie ~not sure if you can make this ID totally pvt, because you have been given FB as a seller. (never seen pvt seller FB b4)

The bigger pic here is that you really should have a separate ID just for posting to the boards, and not be using the ID you sell with.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 363 of 3,155
latest reply

Sad, sad, sad.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 364 of 3,155
latest reply

ebay au seems nice enough and they seem the welcoming type, from the replies to a thread  Bob started over there.

Made a post in a pic thread and got 5 kudos..

I just came back from posting 2 more pics over there, the pics over there are just the best.

You should have a look see Shirls.

Message 365 of 3,155
latest reply

I am late getting in.  Almost thought about skipping it.  I had some other catching up to do, esp. emails and that always takes me a while, esp. when I get long ones and then my answers are just as longSmiley Tongue

Not sure I know who Bob is. I really did not get to know that many people over on the [].  I like to stay close to home any more these days.

With everything I got done today, I feel I left something un-done.  I'm sure I will figure it out tomorrow as too tired tonight to think about what it could be.

Have a good night and am I glad it is Friday tomorrow!  Ready for some R&R.

Message 366 of 3,155
latest reply

I missed you yesterday!  What a day -in to work at 6 a.m. and home after 6 p.m. - I'm so glad it's Friday!  Even if it is Friday the 13th and a full moon.  Want to take the brooms out for a spin tonight Shirls?  See what kind of shennanigans we can get into?  But this time you hold the schnapps until after we land.  Taking a nip at low altitude nearly landed me in the bonfire!

I am so behind on my personal correspondence - I've started about a half dozen emails and there they sit in my drafts.... just waiting to be completed.  I need another 5 or 6 hours in the day.

Off I go for more insanity.

unplesant - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 367 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy fri the 13th!

Message 368 of 3,155
latest reply

Back in the 80's I used to read Leo Buscaglia books.  One of the things he said has always stuck in my mind:  You have to be a little insane to stay sane in an otherwise insane world.  So, yeah, it may be a little late, but I am a night owl and it is only 7:20 out your way.  Sun is still up for a little while.  We have time to service up the brooms, plan shennanigans, and go for a moonlight flight.  Pack the schnapps.....good old peppermint this time.  We'll have to be sure sonar is working as there may be a lot of air traffic tonight.  Be surprised who we could run intoSmiley LOL snort.

12 hours is a long work day.  Hated it when my job went to 12 hour shifts.  On your feet, running the whole time.  Thing of it was, it was often that had to stay over a bit, so some days you were there 13 hrs.  By the time you add in drive time, sleep, and daily routine stuff, that does not leave much time for anything else.  Sometimes NO time for anything else.  So glad you days are gone!!

Trying to catch some squirrels and I am catching everything BUT squirrels.  Aargh!! 

Love the meditating kitty.  And I did take a nap today as form of escapeSmiley LOL

Today has been one of those off-kilter days that just leaves you wondering.  Think I'll get my broom ready.  See you in a bit!

Message 369 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy 13th to you too, but I kept forgetting it was the 13th.  Maybe that is why today was off kilter, ha!

Message 370 of 3,155
latest reply

Broom prepped, schnapps packed and I even packed up some chocolate chip cookies.  They're a little hard though so we may have to bonk some grimrucks with them.

Off kilter today for sure.  I'm jealous of your nap.

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 371 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like we are set and ready to go!  Glad for that nap today.  With the moon shining as bright as it is and clear starlit sky, should be there in just a couple of hours.  I'm bringing some chocolate-peanut butter snack bars.  Nice and chewy.  We can save the chocolate chip cookies for the grimrucks.

Message 372 of 3,155
latest reply

On my way - wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Message 373 of 3,155
latest reply

Ha ha!!  That was truly a blast!  We need to do that more often.  I did notice the sonar on my broom is not working as well as it should.  The near collision we had was a little scarey, but was actually quite fun.  Stopping in that lea was the best though.  Brought out the goodies and had some laughs and good chat.  Glad I packed a blanket, because the flight home got a little chilly. On the way  I saw a lot of lightening bugs.  They are out tonight too and one came in the house with me.  Myah set out after it right awaySmiley Very Happy

Fast but good day.  Have the house to myself today and tomorrow.  Got a lot done in the yard this morning while it was still nice and cool.  It got down into the 50s last night, so had the windows open.  Slept really good too.  Just a gorgeous day.  Then tackled the doll room and spent about 3 hours in there.  Sorted some more out to take to consignment and deboxed a couple that I was tired of seeing in the box.  I do watch the sales on ebay and if one does not seem to hold value, out it comes.  Funny.  Can debox a doll and sell doll nude and the outfit separate and make more money.

That 'new' chipmunk we have is more destructive than the last one we had.  This one is doing far more excavating than he should!!

Trying to trap the pesky squirrels has turned out not so easy.  The first one, yes, but these last two are too smart.  But, I have caught the chipmunk, a sparrow, a brown thrasher, and a cardinal.  The only one that did not seem to mind being in there eating goodies was the cardinal.  He did not even come out when opened the doorSmiley LOL  The rest of the 'crew' shot out the thing like had been shot out a cannon!  None of them have come close again either except for the cardinal......he was in it again tonight, but he did not get near the trigger mechanism.  Smart.

Ate leftovers for dinner tonight.  Had sausage & kraut, boiled/buttered potatoes, corn, and chicken drummettes fixed in terriyaki sauce.  I like them to get really sticky when the water part cooks off.

Have a good weekend!

Message 374 of 3,155
latest reply

Okay - that was fun!  I wondered about your sonar but figured you were just feeling spunky - of course, that guy's dog may never get over the trauma of you buzzing him.  Told you  you were too low!

Had a busy weekend - did get to go to the ballgame so that was fun (we lost, again) and other than that I just ran, ran, ran.  Was kind of melancholy yesterday - miss having my dad around and yesterday would have been my mom's 85th birthday so kind of a double sad for me.  Mom's been gone almost 20 years, but I could swear I could feel her hugging me yesterday.  Made me smile.

Fun having a couple of days to yourself.  And eating leftovers - did you use plates or eat right out of the containers?  Tell the truth! <insert grinny smiley>

Boy it sounds like an all out war in your yard - what fun to watch! 

Early day today - go figure.  In fact, nothing but busy from here to the end of the month.  Did tell my boss I didn't care what else was going on, I have really good tickets to the game on my birthday the end of the month and I am going.  Period.  The end. Finale.   Let's see if I can hold my resolve.

Have a great day!

if-monday-asks-i-am-not-here-funny-monday-animal-meme - Copy.jpg

Message 375 of 3,155
latest reply