cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Okay Shirls - WAKE UP!  If I have to be up this early so do you.

Am grumpy this am so watch out!  Actually, a little more coffee and I will be fine.  Always takes at least 2 cups before I'm human.

Going to be a long day - why don't you come and go to work for me today?

Whine, whine, whine.

At least I don't have any tests today.  There's always a good side!

funny-pictures-stop-animal-testing - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 346 of 3,155
latest reply

Sunday was a beautiful day here.  Maybe low 80's for a high and it did not seem as humid.  Just a slight breeze that helped make it feel cooler.  Just did some puttering.  On the way home this morning stopped at the pet store and bought a birdcage.  Price was not too bad and also had 15% off purchase.  I figure it is time for a bigger structure.  Put a nice 'tree' inside so can practice limb hopping and maybe even do some wing strengthening. 

DH fixed the bottom step to the stairs on the deck.  We have a big sycamore that has roots above ground so it was making the cement block step on the ground un-even.  We already sawed out one of the roots that was going under the deck.  It was pretty good sized so we did not want to cut another.  So figured out a way to level the blocks and make a safer step.

It was raining again this morning, but cleared off for another nice day.  I did not have to mow again today, hooray!  Though I like to mow, it is nice to not have to do it.  Mondays are busy enough as it is.  I can't imagine me going to work for you Rootie.  You would not like to have to work the next day after me, ha!  And I would need lots of coffee to keep me going.  And did you know I get up the same time you do?  It may be 4:30am where you live, but it is 6:30am here.  I am usually up at 6:10.  I know, odd time, but that is when these eyes pop open....every single day like clockworkSmiley Very Happy  I have to have my coffee and then it is kitty stretches and out the door for morning exercise.

Meatloaf sounds good.  Have not had that in a while.  Had taco salad Friday.  Sunday ate left-over pizza with a pasta salad.  Fixed sandwiches and potato salad tonight along with a fresh veggie tray.  Sometimes I get tired of cooking.  I think if I had the option to give up one 'chore' for a couple of months, it would definitely be cooking.

I hear some thunder in the distance, so I suppose we are ready for another round of rain and storms.

Finding out more about the people and those dead puppies.  I hope they get the book thrown at them!  Does anyone use that expression any more?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 347 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Mark ~  No, you did not miss an update on the little birdie.  I just have not been posting about her and I will explain later.

Message 348 of 3,155
latest reply

Running late!

going to be a big coffee day - I can tell!

coffeeshaking-1 - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 349 of 3,155
latest reply

HI..I'm having problems posting on Bronx's thread, last night and tonight..Smiley Frustrated

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 350 of 3,155
latest reply

able to post over there, but only without using any punctuations.

Something about html content and there was none...

Oh well, guess I won't be posting there anytime soon, till I figure things out..and I don't feel like doing that now.

it's a rainy day here..love it

have a good one

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 351 of 3,155
latest reply

Can you believe that...You find a new thread..wish the OP all the best and get ignored. I mean the very next post.

Smiley Indifferent

I'm programmed to take that @ face value..even though I don't believe he means anything by it.

Message 352 of 3,155
latest reply

@markedward65 wrote:

Can you believe that...You find a new thread..wish the OP all the best and get ignored. I mean the very next post.

Smiley Indifferent

@I'm programmed to take that @ face value..even though I don't believe he means anything by it.

Mark, you were not being ignored, that is an honor I reserve for,

but one and it ain't you. I was having posting problems also and

was catching up on replies... I have since replied to your posts... 

so, while smilingindifferently, get the knot outta your knickers.

Shirls, sorry for crashing your thread... just don't care for someone

yapping behind my back.

Message 353 of 3,155
latest reply

I don't think I was talking behind your back ..that would be a PM between me and someone else(My post was here in the open).

I prolly should of just PM'd you.

My little feelings got bruised that's all ..then came the knots in the knickers, or the other way around.

Well, we all get jumpy @ times.......I'll come back and party with you all over there then.

Still having issues posting on the PT Seller chat.

thanks for clearing things up Bronx.

Sorry Shirls

Message 354 of 3,155
latest reply

Gee, I think this is the most visitors we have had in one day for....forever, ha!    Had I known, would have had some refreshments ready.

Mark ~  There has been some difficulty posting there esp. if try to use colored font.  Also had a problem with using bold too.  Must be some sort of glitch that I hope ebay will get remedied. The only way I can post, is to leave everything normal. It may be that way on other boards as well. Sometimes when I THINK I may be getting ignored anywhere on the boards, I also have to keep in mind that not everyone is going to respond to everyone all the time or it just happens un-intentionally.  Who knows, I may be offending some without intention or knowing it too. That way of thinking keeps me from getting my little feelings bruised and my knickers in a twist.Smiley Embarassed  And when I am in a funk, it is just best I don't post at allSmiley LOL

What a day!!  I think the medical care system is going to pot.  I can't get the referral for the cardiologist I have been seeing for the past 3 years because he is no longer in the network.  I guess many physicians are leaving the network(talking about tricare/humana).  Comes as no surprise the military will get the worst end of it.  No matter if you have served your country or not.  And with all the problems the VA has been having, not so sure I want to climb aboard their system either.  Nothing like spending nearly 2 hours on the phone and getting nowhere in a hurry.  Lots of rules and limitations and I never have a primary care physician for longer than a year or two.  No continuity of care whatsoever.  And if you decide to jump ship, there are fewer and fewer docs to choose from on the outside.  Then there are those who can dr shop and TennCare pays for every dime.

Too many squirrels at my house.  Becoming pesky marauders that send the chipmunk running and eat all the bird's food.  So, I set a nice little 'nobody gets hurt' trap and in less than 2 hours caught the peskiest of the squirrels.  Then I relocated him to nice wooded, rural area where he will have plenty of acorns and corn .

Have to reschedule the AC maintenance due to rain.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.   Have a doctor appointment tomorrow..woohoo.  Make sure to take something along to read.

Message 355 of 3,155
latest reply

You're so sweet to relocate the squirrel Shirls.  Just hope he doesn't find his way home.

I've been really lucky to have the same primary care doc for many years - makes it so much easier to get stuff taken care of.  Speaking of which, I have an appointment with her today.  I'll be thinking of you waiting in the waiting room while I'm waiting in the waiting room!

The VA system here actually works pretty well from everything I've heard.  Chronic shortage of doctors, which I think is system-wide.  Would be good to get it fixed.  I'm lucky that I have health insurance and haven't needed the VA system, but a lot of veterans depend on it.

I think I was supposed to tell you something but I can't remember now.  My brain is fried.  Went and looked at our new space yesterday - they painted the wrong wall with the accent color but it looks good so I just left it rather than make them repaint it.    I'm going crazy trying to coordinate the move and still get other stuff done - feel like I'm running in 5 directions at once and my "to do" list keeps getting longer.  Think I may take Sunday and spend the day in my jammies doing nothing - we'll see how far I get the rest of the week.  I am taking Saturday evening to go to the game - that's always a blast!

Now, if you get an infestation of cats, I found just the thing:

traps - Copy.jpg

Message 356 of 3,155
latest reply

My gut told me to wait things out...lesson learned.

Feelings..can't live with them..can't live without them.

1 LheartVE

Message 357 of 3,155
latest reply

Mark, for all the times I wish I had followed the gutSmiley Indifferent  And had a dollar for every time......To this day there are times when I STILL don't listen to find that the gut was right on. I bet 99% of the time it is spot on.  So, take it from one who does not always follow the gut.....Smiley LOL

Today was one of those days when everything just seemed discombobulated!  From the moment the eyelids lifted.  Did not even get to do my morning fitness exercise.  And then the squirrels .........there were 2 out there bright and early hogging all the food meant for the birds and our new chipmunk.  Even Chip takes the high road when they around.  One is a pretty big grey squirrel.  He seems to have better table manners than the smaller brownish-grey ones.  In fact, he took out after the little one and was a high-speed chase up the driveway and across the street.  But who showed back up again?  The little pesky one.  So, out I go with the trap.  Then i worry that 'Chip' will go in.  I had stuff to do; no time to be a trap monitor!  Next time I look out, one of the Cardinals was just entering the trap, so out I run.  Squirrel long gone anyway by this time and brought the trap back in. 

More phone calls in regard to appt. with cardiology.  Seems I am good to go with the present referral even tho 'they' claim the doc is not in the network.  So, will see what happens.  Take the 'wait and see' routeSmiley LOL  Followed my gut and called the cardio office and was good thingSmiley Wink

Claudia is getting to be a little pill.  Have put a small dish of water in with her now and she has discovered that water is for bathing.  Hilarious and so cute!!  She does need a good bath tho.

Message 358 of 3,155
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

markedward65 : Just happened to be browsing the "Groups" navigating my way around.  And noticed that you have opted to have

private feedback! How does this option help? Perhaps I should try it? Thanks for the heads up.

Message 359 of 3,155
latest reply

Hate the feeling of running about in too many directions, but it keeps you sharpSmiley LOL

I thought I was going to have a few days to myself this week-end, but since it can't seem to stop raining here, someone's plans got changed.  Otherwise, I may have taken a jammie day.  Kind of doubt it though as had too many ideas of what I could do.  So, drat the weather!!

The animal cruelty deal I spoke of a couple of days ago, just gets worse.  37 bags of dog remains were found at the home plus another 39 live ones removed; 8 of which were emaciated.  Maybe I can post a link to the news item. 

Love the portable cat traps!!  Silly cats and their paper sacksheart

Message 360 of 3,155
latest reply