cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Going as a corgi is a great idea Rootie but those short legs won't get you about the office too quickly.

Speaking of computer pains, our internet service went caplooey around noon today along with our phone service.  We just got service restored about an hour or so ago.

It got downright warm today; like 78*!!  Have all the windows open to cool the house down; wearing shorts.  Good gravy.  It is going to be one of those years where we go straight from using the heat to the AC.  I messed around outside this morning until about 11:00.  That was so enjoyable!

Tomorrow will be a time consuming day.  Have 2 appointments....one for me and one for my car.

I found the little pamphlet about the neck excercises I use.  I never remember those things by name.  Here are the names of the ones I use.  Active neck rotation, Face Clock, Neck flex, Side bend, Shoulder stretch, Head press,(sounds like you put your head in a vice doesn't it?) Head lifts, and one that is like using a bow and arrow.   I think these are put out by the StayWell Co.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 151 of 3,155
latest reply

Myahsleepy.JPG

Myah likes the tom in the bowtieCat Very Happy

(she isn't wearing her coat anymore)

Message 152 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh!  Look how cute Myah is in her coat!  She and the tom would certainly make a lovely pair!

Spring is here!  Got to sit on the back patio for awhile last night!  Not near as warm as you got Shirls, but I'll take it.  Plus my team won their first two games.  Hope they keep it up, but I don't count on it.

Such a crazy week but I have nothing planned for the weekend so I might get some rest.  It could happen, in fact I will insist on it I think.

I just realized my spring shoes are all looking rather shabby so I am starting to plan a shoe shopping spree.  I hate clothes shopping but I love shoe shopping!

Glad you are doing better Shirls, I hate neck pain.  Email on it's way to you with my stretches which sound much like yours.  The PT guys have really been working me over - I think they enjoy their job just a little too much.

My advice for the day:

slap.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 153 of 3,155
latest reply

I think I would like to ride around with a car full of muppets.  I just love that commercial!!  But I like the muppets.

I forgot to tell you what we were watching.  We have the dvds of the HBO mini-series; "Band of Brothers".  We also watched "The Pacific". They are both about WW2.

I bet the PT guys are having a little fun. I suppose you are throwing in some good one-liners which lightens things up a bit yet makes working you over er I mean doing their job more enjoyable.

80* today and thunderstorms tonight.  tornado warning just west of us a ways.  I guess it is officially spring, if not maybe early summer here now.  Throw all the sweats and winter gear in the wash and bring out the shorts and tanks.  Spring shoes shopping sounds fun.  I have been eyeing the sale ads lately and have seen some cool stuff.  Time to get those toenails painted too!

I like the quote of the daySmiley Very Happy  And you know there is never just one mosquito......

Message 154 of 3,155
latest reply

lam.gif

Message 155 of 3,155
latest reply

I love that smiley!  Except I usually want to slap the computer!

Yeah, we do have fun in PT - the guys there are great and really challenge me which is a good thing.  And it is helping, just wish it would go faster.  I'm the impatient type, can you tell?

I want shorts weather!  Back to rain and 50s today.  Typical spring.  But, hey, baseball season has started and my guys won their first 3 games so I'm a happy camper.

This week has flown by - can't believe it's Thursday already!  So looking forward to the weekend although it looks like I may have to be in the office Saturday to finish up the new computers.  Just little stuff but it takes hands on to fix rather than doing it remotely and I just haven't had time this week to get it done.  Hm... maybe if I go into work at 6 on Friday and stay until 7 or 8?  Or maybe today will be quieter?

While you're shopping today will you pick me up some steaks please?  I have a hankering for steaks.  You're a doll, really!  Thanks.

thursday2 - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 156 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Shirls and Rootie

I like the name of this thread....

It's just like saying....Everyday's a holiday!

Now where have I heard that B4?

snicker.gif

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 157 of 3,155
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

lam.gif

Shirls is that file ^^^ in GIF format and was it posted from files on your pc or froma hosted site?

I'm having issues with my pics remaing in my posts.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 158 of 3,155
latest reply

I love that smiley too.  I 'borrowed' it several years back from someone I used to post with in a private group.  First time I saw it I just could not keep from laughing at it.  The poster knew I liked it a lot, so every now and then they would just put the gif up for me to laugh at.

I can't believe it is Thursday already either.  I know time flies and all that; see clocks flying by at high rates of speed all the time now, but this week just went by way too fast and don't know where it went in such a hurry.

Meat is getting so high and pork is going up too.  I got some cubed steaks for yaSmiley LOL

Warm but cloudy day today.  In the 70's again.  Bad weather in Kansas, Missouri,  golf ball size hail and flash flooding.  Guess we will get our round of it near 2AM.  High winds and hail for here. 

Just a bit ago, a familiar odor wafted in through my window.  Brought back such memories of late summer here last year.  Perhaps this will jog your memory as well:

Message 159 of 3,155
latest reply

Mark ~  I noticed you have some red X's where your photos ought to be.  Maybe it is the privacy setting that you are using; it will make the pic you posted disappear too.  When you post a photo from your own stash, (using the insert/edit image)just check the box

'Hide/private' and that will keep your photo private, yet will still post in your post.  Wish i would have known that long time ago.

Message 160 of 3,155
latest reply

I love that video Shirls!

Thanks for the cube steak, it came through the transporter weird - rearranged it into a really nice NY!  Guess the transporter malfunctioning is good for some things!

That is not happy sounding weather.  We're just rain, rain and more rain.  Supposed to dry up some next week I think.

Into work early today and maybe sneak out early.  We'll see. 

It's Friday!  I'm so happy!

happy - Copy.jpg

Message 161 of 3,155
latest reply

@markedward65 wrote:

@shirleys809304 wrote:

lam.gif

Shirls is that file ^^^ in GIF format and was it posted from files on your pc or froma hosted site?

I'm having issues with my pics remaing in my posts.

Thanks, hope you both are having a great friday.

is it me, or is that green not easy on the eyes?

Message 162 of 3,155
latest reply

Shirls, I was not paying attention, it was not till I saw a pic and the name Myah did I realize that she was your kitty.

She sure is smooth looking, does she shed much?

How many cats do you have?

Message 163 of 3,155
latest reply

I can't believe it is Friday already!  Holy smoke!  Not so sure that I can be as happy as that sheep dancing down the middle of the hi-way though.  That is cute!!  Maybe we need to send more cheap cuts of meat through the teleport.  Wow, the savings at the grocery store!!  We could try meat balls or meat loaf nextSmiley Tongue

Temperature gradually dropped throughout the day today.  I brought a few of my more tender plants in tonight as supposed to get down into the mid 30's later tonight.  40 degree difference in 24 hours is crazy.  I think somewhere in MN yesterday, there was a tornado earlier in the day in a place where they were also under a snow storm advisory.

I love that skunk video.  Especially when the skunk puts on the brakes all of sudden and his rear end comes flying upSmiley LOL  Guess I better make sure the traps are in working order.  This ought to be an interesting summer.  Mebbe I can send you a skunk through the teleportCat Mad  I miss the old icons.  I need to find that little purple demon with horns; one of my faves.

Mark ~  Were you asleep at the wheel again?  J/K...it is Friday and I think my mind is affected by the barometric pressure rising and falling rising and falling around hereSmiley Tongue  That is my kitty, Myah.  She does have a nice coat(her own I mean).  Is very smooth, sleek.  She does shed quite a bit and I do brush her pretty often which she really likes.  She does have a bad habit of pulling her hair and it seems to help her if she gets brushed.  I have never had a cat that enjoyed brushing as much as she does.  Only have one cat right now.  The most pets we have ever had at one time was 3.  2 cats and one Boston Terrier and they were all 3 together a riot and a half.

Hope everyone has a nice week-end.  I am hoping for some quiet.

Oh, one more thing.....aren't George Bush's paintings just awesome?  I think it is great!

Message 164 of 3,155
latest reply

The most pets we have ever had at one time was 3.  2 cats and one Boston Terrier and they were all 3 together a riot and a half.

You know, there are times around here(my house), that one pet is too much..but you never heard that from me.

You missed my little question again,lol.

1st in black ink and then green, I could try posting the question in red or maybe your fav color(if I knew what it was) and maybe you would see it, but I give up!Smiley Frustrated

My pics may be getting X'd because they are being posted from my pc and not from a photo hosting site like PB.

I would ask Rootie but......she seems always busy..Smiley LOLSmiley Tongue!

Have a great weekend Y'all!!

Message 165 of 3,155
latest reply