cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

who thought that one up Smiley Very Happy   Big head, short arms......

CYE

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1666 of 3,155
latest reply

A little breezy here today.  

Message 1667 of 3,155
latest reply

20c6b2846cdfa0647df6ff7afab42810.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1668 of 3,155
latest reply

Don't mind me, just doing some dusting.  Maybe I'll paint.

2834003d87c1d801b7b609a1c4ad1969.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1669 of 3,155
latest reply

I still am thinking about painting.  Just deciding what color.  Then we'll need new shades for the windows.

79924acc7cd9590eac68d78b94077825.jpg

Message 1670 of 3,155
latest reply

Shirls, the grimrucks are looking for you.  Something about a missing stink cannon?  Did you repurpose it?

83d268e54312d7d8c5a67c0c67eaeb670c1e9645.jpg

Message 1671 of 3,155
latest reply

Last thing I remember about the stink cannon( Smiley LOL ) (where did you ever come up with THAT?) is we rolled it out into the street late, late, at night back in Wood River, Nebraska). 

I'm back!  It was a good trip and glad I went.

Message 1672 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yeah, now I remember!  Wonder if it's still there?

Glad it was a good trip!

Welcome-Back-Weve-Miss-You-Cute-Kitten-Picture.jpg

Message 1673 of 3,155
latest reply

I saw something while out shopping with my cousin and I thought of you immediately.  I just had to get it.  I'll be sending it off to you tomorrow.  Nearly everyone I visited wanted to go shopping.  So, took the old saying quite literally.

There was just so much activity I didn't really miss getting on the computer, though I did miss our daily little chit chats.

Amazing how fast you get back to the daily grind.  Weather is fantastic now and I am taking advantage of being outdoors every chance I get!  I love fall and it seems we are going to have one after all.

That little kitty is so cute!  What did they have to do to create a breed with the ears turned down.  Maybe I don't want to know??

Message 1674 of 3,155
latest reply

So happy you're back!

I'm hoping the turned down ears are a natural trait and they didn't grow the kittens in jars!

I like shopping when I am in a new place and can wander around, especially when they have local stuff.  And a present!  I knew you would appreciate the paint job I did when you were gone.

We are having a fairly wet, cold fall.  Weekend before last we had a LOT of rain.  Pretty much turned the lower part of my parking lot into a lake - I now keep dry socks at work. 

Been busy - poor Wonder Dog has gone deaf so she's adapting and so are we.  She's getting pretty good at non-verbal cues but she's kind of clingy trying to keep track of us.  Vet says it's just old age.  She's happy enough, just more confused than normal.  Can't be easy on her.  Q is trying to help - he likes to sleep in front of her and react to noise so she'll react to him (if that makes sense).

Lots of work to do this week - where did all that come from?  Oh yeah, it was stuff that was supposed to be done last week while I was doing the week before's work... you get the idea.

Funny-Cat-Pictures-with-Captions-1.jpg

Message 1675 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Happy   Thanks Pal! 

Your surprise should get to you by Friday.

It is still fairly warm....in the upper 70's.  Tomorrow 80*.  It is very dry here!  I am still watering a few things.  Some I am letting go because they need to go dormant.  Found some tomato plants coming up...3 of them.  So, I'm going to dig them up and pot 'em and see how they do.

Kinda sad when pets start to show their age.  Ginger went deaf.  Glad we had taught her some 'sign' language.  Been trying to teach the beagle too, and she is catching on pretty good. 

I'm not back to the groove here yet, but no hurry.  It will all start piling up soon enough.  I have too many appts this month!  Already had labs drawn today.  Should be interesting considering how the diet went.  Everybody wants to eat and the desserts flow!

I have a lot of stuff to burn again.  maybe I can do that tomorrow while we have this nice weather. 

Oh, I got bit by a mosquito today.  Thought those %$# things were gone!!

Message 1676 of 3,155
latest reply

PAINT JOB!!!!???!!!! 

WHAT..WHERE?!?!?Woman Mad

Message 1677 of 3,155
latest reply

Wait, you didn't notice I painted everything green?  Well, except the end tables that I painted orange.  Boy, see if I spruce everything up while you're gone again!

The Wonder Dog is getting pretty good at hand signals and we're working on things like flashing the back yard lights when we want her to come in.  Vet says she's in really good shape for her age, she's just slowing down.  Still loves her walks, just have to keep her on flat ground since the hills bother her hips.  And still chases squirrels. 

Excited to see my present!  I need a present!

They are calling for about an inch of rain today - just when my parking lot was receding!  Seriously, we have ducks swimming in the parking lot.  Be glad when they finish the construction and the drains start working efficiently again.

We've been trying to get yard cleaned up for winter but it's slow going.  Sometimes I wonder why I ever wanted a yard. 

I hear you on the medical appointments.  I'm so tired of doctors and they always want to do another test.  Let's just pick something and go with that, right?

But I voted!  Did something right this week!

Think anyone would notice if I had a hissy fit?

Funny-cats-meme.jpg

Message 1678 of 3,155
latest reply

I think I need to get my eyes checked.  Serious about that.  Just went to get the phone and ran smack into the table.  I don't know why people wait until almost bedtime to call anyway. 

Don't get too excited about your surprise.  It's not all that much, but I think it is just right.  Especially what it says.

We need rain here.  Got up to 83* and was pretty windy.  What wasn't already bone dry is now bone dry and hard as a rock.  I don't think it matters now whether we got the 12 inches of rain for July or not.  We are dry.  Watched the weather forecast tonight as rain was predicted for tonight.  Had a good system moving in from the west, but as it moved this way, it just dissipated to nothing!   I really don't want to water this time of year, but when things are still green and wilting from being dry, what do you do?  Crazy.

I am going to get my vote in tomorrow!  I need to go grocery shopping too, but I'm not in the mood to do that just yet.  Would like to think I am still 'resting' from my long trip, ha!

Kittens are such a hoot!  My cousin's GD left her kitten, (about the same age as those in the gif) there at her house for a couple of days.  A little tuxedo cat.  What a little terror he was, but sure had fun getting him all riled up.  Little clown.  Sure missed him when GD came to pick him up.  His name is Milo.

Message 1679 of 3,155
latest reply

Let me see where this takes me........right now I am lostSmiley Mad

Message 1680 of 3,155
latest reply