cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Ok - low level picnic it is!  And tissues in case we accidentally get too high.

Dh has a birthday coming up and I'm trying to think of some place wonderful to take him that we would both enjoy.  We'll see what I come up with.

Hooray for you for getting the yardwork done!  I am getting twitchy about my yard but can't do anything about it right now.

I'm so out of touch - I thought Brad & Angelina broke up a long time ago.

If you start making hats for the chipmunks I'm going to get really worried about you.

What password did you come up with?  I've actually been using phrases lately.  Easier to remember and according to my geek harder to crack.

The last day of summer - boy it seemed short this year.

And I really should go to work. But this will make you giggle.

ab845e774bfe5e92df69be7c2dc698b5.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1636 of 3,155
latest reply

The first time I read about trouble in Pitt and Angelina's love nest was a long time ago.  But, see, I was standing in line at the store and read the cover of one of those gossip rags.  Probably saw it a few times after that.  This was on TV last night, so assume it must be for real. 

I think I need to make hats for the chipmunks.  That way I can tell them apartSmiley Very Happy   I do know Chip has the longest tail of the 3; the other 2 apparently had narrow escapes and lost the ends of theirs.

Movie titles make great passwords....backwards...maybe replace a couple of letters with some symbol.

That's right. forgot all about this being the last day of summer.  Sure can't tell it around here if you go by the weather.  We have absolutely NO color change in the tree leaves.  But, it still is getting that 'feel' of fall if that makes any sense at all.

Your BD plan...is it food or fun or romance you looking for?

I have 4 days of fun to look forward to.  Heh heh.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1637 of 3,155
latest reply

I sometimes get a chance to read the rags at doctor's offices but more often I'm catching up on email on my phone.  Seems like I get 15 urgent emails the minute I walk out the door.

I want picture proof of you knitting chipmunk hats!

I get the "fall feeling" thing.  Every thing just seems a little crisper or something.

All of the above on the dh birthday plans.  Hey, go big or go home!

I have discovered that standing all day in my current condition hurts.  And sitting isn't much better.  I commandered the conference room for short periods yesterday so I could lie down.  Was kind of peaceful.

Speaking of work, I have got to go get some done.  I'd rather have 4 days of fun.  I actually do this on text messages I receive - helps me decipher!

8a40ebd5b2d4a55aca8507710f8a788a.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1638 of 3,155
latest reply

Great minds think alike they say....I do the very same thing....check the keyboard.......or are we **bleep**?

Can you imagine knitting chipmunk hats?  I may have a couple of doll hats that could fit a chipmunk Smiley Very Happy

Maybe you should lie down the whole day at work........you could just tell your coworkers that you are able to take everything lying down....................heh heh

I didn't seem to get much accomplished today.  I did get groceries and then it went downhill after that.  Rootie was in no mood to do her business whenever I took her out....all she wanted to do was roll around and lay in the sun.  That did sound fun.  And no, I didn't try it.  So, felt like I was wasting my time waiting on the beagle to do her 'duty'.   And the chipmunks are all over the place...running here.....running there.....it is fall and Chip is trying to stock for the winter.  But, the male that I now call, 'King Tut', raids her stash!!!  I have set a 'lure' for him, but I never seem to catch him.  I saw a small one, but don't know if that is one of Chip's kids or not.  At 2 months, I don't know how big they would be.  Guess I need to google.

Did work on a doll project today.  Hobby Lobby has good sales and found a wood boat perfect size.  For 50% off it seemed a fair deal.  Bought a thin sheet of wood to make seats and oars.  That was tricky as the wood wanted to split as I figured it would, but got it to work.  Then painted the seats to match the boat and painted the oars.  It is pretty cute.

DH called today and is coming back a day early.  So, down to 3 days of fun. I need to jam pack tomorrowSmiley Very Happy  I'll have to check the gas situation around here even though the pipeline leak has been fixed.

Message 1639 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes, we are probably **bleep**

Yes, lie down all day and have co-workers bring me tea and extra blankets and, well... no, that won't work.

Cold this morning.  But we're supposed to warm up into the 70s.  Gotta wear lots of layers.

Sounds like Rootie likes Fall.  Suprised she hasn't dug into the chipmunk dens.

The boat sounds awesome.  Can't wait to see it.

When dh is gone for a few days I usually have to rush around and tidy my projects that get spread out all over the house while he's gone.  And back a day early? Double rush.

Somebody asked me about Thanksgiving plans already.  I don't know!  Why don't you try planning it this year?  I don't know how I became the Thanksgiving planner.  Grumble, grumble.

Friday!  Hooray!

bear_polar_relaxing-660x510.jpg

Message 1640 of 3,155
latest reply

Not sure if I dare wish for it to be cold.  Gotta be careful what you wish for, but doggone it if it didn't get to 93* today!!! Smiley Mad  Plain sick of it since 3rd week of June come ON!  I think the whole world had the hottest summer on record.

I didn't write bleep in there, ebay helped me.  I didn't think the word I used would need to be censored.

Yep, I'll be rushing around tomorrowSmiley Very Happy

Do they think you are a turkey or something? 

Rootie is pretty good.  If I let her stay in the back yard without supervision, I am sure she would have a lot of things tore up back there.  Speaking of chipmunks, there are 2 juveniles.  They were running around, chasing, trying to hide peanuts, etc.  It was laughable, but when I know I now have 4 chipmunks...........Not only that, but instead of Chip taking her kids for a long journey or chasing them off, she has left her den for them.  I think I found her new 'digs'....up in the front yard under some shrubs.  Not good because there are stray cats lurking up there all the time.  Poor Chip's life has been turned upside down and ours is going to get real interesting.

See ya later on that relaxing foray.

Message 1641 of 3,155
latest reply

BoatBoth.JPG

Message 1642 of 3,155
latest reply

Another hot one today!  93*.  I'm so done.

But I hear our high tomorrow is going to be 75!!!   Halelujah!  Happy Monday!

Message 1643 of 3,155
latest reply

The girls look gorgeous in their boat!  So summery and cool!

What a great foray!  Glad you remembered where the meet up was since I forgot to remind you.  Too much going on.  I liked the low altitude.  But when did the grimrucks get ultra powered pogo sticks from?  I thought they were going to take us out a couple of times.  Good thing you brought hard cheese.

You have had a run of hot weather.  We got up to about 80 yesterday but cooled off pretty quick.  Which is good since I already took the a/c out of the living room.  Okay, I made dh take the a/c out.

The Wonder Dog was being awfully clinging and anxious the past few days.  I mean to the point of annoying.  She wasn't in pain and eating fine, etc.  Was driving me insane - I was really getting worried about her.  Then I took her for walks this weekend and she perked right up.  Silly us, I haven't been able to walk her (bending to scoop was way too painful) and dh can't get her out as often as I do.  She wanted those walks!

I'll bet the baby chipmunks are adorable.  And what a good mommy Chip is to leave the nice furnished den for them and move to another place.  Hope the cats don't give her too much trouble.

Funny what they bleep.  We should run an experiment.  Well, maybe not.

417abc887448dfd5eaf9928fabca4eae.jpg

Message 1644 of 3,155
latest reply

Short post.  Debacle starts in a minute.  See ya later!

Message 1645 of 3,155
latest reply

Just putting this back at the top. 

I have not seen the young chipmunks since Friday morning.  Didn't see Chip or King Tut the whole weekend, but I did see them this morning.  It's a battle to see who gets the food to take for storage.

Cool front finally moved in this morning.  Our high was 72*.  Supposed to get down to 47* tonight.  Looking forward to that!  Maybe it will slow the mosquitoes down in the morning and I can take Rootie out without getting bit to pieces. 

Spent practically the whole day cleaning house and other 'chores'.   I have other stuff I need to tend to this week.

Oh, and it was a debacle................

Message 1646 of 3,155
latest reply

Sorry about the debacle.  Hm... didn't we used to have a huggy smiley?

The baby chipmunks have probably gone off to college.

We had the most gorgeous afternoon yesterday.  I just wanted to sit on the deck watching the lake but, of course, did some actual work.  Supposed to start raining today.

Stayed up watching the game last night.  If we win all our games and everyone who is ahead of us loses all their games we might actually make the playoffs.  Oh well, it's the first time we've been close in awhile so it's nice to dream.

It's way too early in the morning.  Thinking about sleeping another hour before getting ready for work.  Or I could just go to work.  Decisions, decisions.

Here - have some flowers, that'll cheer you up!

Dog-In-Vase.jpg

Message 1647 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, I'm fine and nothing to be sorry for.......I was talking about the debate aka debacle Smiley Very Happy

Terrific morning!  Actually wore a sweatshirt for PT.  The first time of the season, yay! 

So who stuffed their pom in a vase?  Our neighbor's pom died last month.  They had her since she was a pup; she was 14.  We miss her too.  She was just a hyperactive little fluff ball.

DH brought home flowers today too Smiley Happy

One can always hope and stranger things have happened.

Message 1648 of 3,155
latest reply

Oops - I totally misread the context of the debacle!  The debate debacle duh!

You're lucky - my dh hasn't brought me flowers in ages.

And I just looked at the time.  I have to jam - how did it get so late??

animal-fact-of-the-day-these-weird-dogs-are-always-1392518.png

Message 1649 of 3,155
latest reply

I am loving this weather!  So is one of the neighbor's teen-age daughters.  Scared me half to death as she came flying out their house screaming & running.  Then she lifts her hands into the air smiling and says:  "I'm in my element!".   So am I.  So am I.

When the chinooks fly low, they really shake the house.   But, I love to hear them.

Sorted out some more dolls today.  Slowly but surely they are reducing in number.  Ya want one?

My DH hadn't bought me flowers in a long while either...maybe since last spring?

I don't know, but the time gets away from me every day.  I wish it would slow down a little. 

Watching SVU tonight.  Joe Biden is supposed to be in it.  (what I heard on the news anyway).

Pizza is good, but must be loaded with sodium.  I am sooo thirsty! 

Message 1650 of 3,155
latest reply