cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

At least one!

We should stop at the beach and have s'mores.  I like s'mores.

We usually get at least one hot spell during the summer but it doesn't last very long (usually).  This year has been weird - the temp is jumping all over the place. 

I try to make Sunday my goof off day.  Or at least my "just putter around the house" day.  Sometimes it works.

Find any good sales at the store?  Fruit has been so cheap this year - I've eaten a lot of strawberries and cherries and blueberries and nectarines and plouts and grapes and.... well, you get the idea.  I even found persimmions on sale a couple of weeks ago - they were so good.

The Queen decided she wanted attention this morning - very, very early this morning.  Walked up the bed, reached out and slapped me across the face then just stayed there watching me and then walked off.  Guess she just wanted me to know she was awake.

So they are moving a house through the locks today.  That ought to slow boat traffic something fierce!  Fun to watch though.

I liked this story - animals are so adaptable.  http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/debate-in-new-jersey-is-upright-walking-bear-suffering-or-t...

and off I go to attack Friday!

e26161d088b9b943a0f5beb63a3f5e23.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1591 of 3,155
latest reply

OK.  Did we do a foray or not?  Maybe i was dreaming, but we had a good one!  We did do a beach stop and just listened to the water.  Got all the firewood together and couldn't find matches or a lighter.  Thank heavens the turbo thruster on the broom was still hot other wise we would not have had a fire and would not been able to enjoy the s'mores.  Peppermint schnapps seemed to go well with the chocolate.  Grimrucks were behaving.....probably tired of all the cheese bombing we did the last 2 times.  The fairy that came along said it was going to be her last as a fairy.  Said she's tired of having wings to take care of and figures if she can bum a ride on the sonic broom she'll be happy.  Little Scout isn't very happy because she always went with this fairy everywhere(she is the one with the blue mesmerizing eyes that can make the grimrucks just roll over and drool all over themselves.)  Not sure how well all this is going to 'fly' with the new queen Elinor.

We've been eating a lot of fruit this summer too.  Have been able to find delicious mangoes at a very decent price.  Watermelon, cantelope, cherries, strawberries, grapes, apples, nectarines, oranges, bananas, and pears.  The mangoes and melon have been wonderful!  Avacado too.

Humidity finally went down today.  First time in weeks or at least a couple of months.  Temps are supposed to be down into the 60's at night for at least 3 days and highs still in the 80's, but at least the humidity will be low.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1592 of 3,155
latest reply

Aww, I liked the bear story too.  He would be like a fixture in the neighborhood and if he isn't bothering anyone or anything........I wonder what did happen to his front legs though.  I guess my only concern would be his survival if there is an increasing number of black bears there.  This story brings to mind something I read in our own newspaper about the growing number of black bear that are coming into middle Tennessee; mostly from the Knoxville area.  So, along with your story, it is evident the black bear population is growing and/or due to climate or what have you, they are leaving their usual stomping grounds.

Message 1593 of 3,155
latest reply

I wonder what happened to his front legs too, but it seems that he has adapted.  I don't know how much bears fight, but might make him less able to protect himself.  I

You got all the details right except you missed (or wanted to forget) the part where the tide came in and doused our fire!  But that was after the schnapps so totally understandable.  I really hope the fairy gets along okay without her wings - we can always give her a lift.  The new Queen may have other thoughts on the subject.

We had visiting puppies all weekend - wore me out.  Mostly the getting up and down to let them in and out.  Can't they schedule the bathroom breaks as a group??

We cooled way down yesterday, which was nice since it was around 100 on Saturday.  Get a few days of cooler and then back up.  Glad your humidity dropped, that's one of the few things I didn't like about living in D.C. - the humidity was miserable.

Off to doctor's this morning and then see how much work accumulated over the weekend since I was bad and didn't even look at emails.

Hey - let's OD on cuteness today!

yzqzi.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1594 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm OD'd on cuteness for sure!!  How perfectly it stands!  Looks pretty serious too.

Little animals can keep you busy and with all the trips outdoors, you can get tired.  No sooner get comfy and there ya go again.  Such a quiet weekend, I don't even remember what I did.  That's pretty bad.  I wanted to go antiquing, but once I got in the car changed my mind and went to walmart instead and then to Michaels which is a craft and hobby type of store.  Had one here years ago and it closed.  We got Hobby Lobby in and now Michaels is back.  Unfortunately, when Michaels was here before, there was no HL so they did a good business.  Now, I'm so used to HL that Michaels just doesn't have what it takes to be very competitive. 

Was so nice to have it in the 60's this morning!!  There for awhile, I thought our thermometer was broke because every single morning it would be right at 78-79*.  Humidity was only in the 50's and temps in the 80's.  But, it all starts coming back tomorrow and by Wednesday we are back to 90's and high humidity.  One more day to enjoy!

Hope you get a good report at the doc's office!    Maybe you got lucky and not many emails came in over the week-end. 

Message 1595 of 3,155
latest reply

Roh roh, somebody overslept.........I hope that's all it was and not some big, early morning fiasco.

Message 1596 of 3,155
latest reply

overchnoc.jpg

Message 1597 of 3,155
latest reply

Was having log in issues yesterday but I felt like the kitten asleep in his food!  Was a frustrating morning.  Very, very frustrating.

I like Michaels mostly for wandering around getting ideas.  We have  little crafts type store here that's local and they have the funnest stuff and always something new.  I try to hit the local retailers when I can, there's few enough of them left it seems.

Noticed today it is staying dark much later in the morning.  Here it is 5:30 and just starting to get light.  This summer has just flown by.  the trees are starting to turn already.

We are still having nice weather, which is well... nice.  I wouldn't mind a rain day just to clear things up.

Way too much work to do.  Again.

6e20fae4a3da56cd1b60eb5c0fe3b71b.jpg

Message 1598 of 3,155
latest reply

That little kitteh looks possessed.

Yep, sun is coming up much later (after 6)already and the sun here, is down by 7:30.  We have a big tree in the back yard that is losing a lot of it's leaves, but it starts early every year.  The other by the deck is losing a few small ones.  Of course our temperatures are very much good old hot summertime again.  This summer has helped to make a real grouch.  I have never had to spend so much time indoors during the summer as I have this year.  Either due to raining constantly, too hot, too humid, and too many mosquitos that are out to get you no matter what time of day you go out.  Just a bummer summer Smiley Tongue

Ebay is working on the community again.  Note the new photo and video icons?  Wish they would change the stupid emoties.

I do like to go shopping for ideas.  Especially for doll stuff.  Buying all the little miniatures are too expensive.  If I can make some of the stuff, that is what I will do.  Making your own stuff period, can save $$$.  I just can't see spending big bucks on things you don't really need, but would like to have.  Make sense?

Message 1599 of 3,155
latest reply

1600!

Had to get that out of the way!

That kitten does look rather possessed now that you mention it.

Yeah, it's miserable when you can't get out to do things.  I really wanted to do yardwork last weekend but it got hot really early and I just couldn't do it.  That's okay - the work isn't going anywhere soon.

I totally get not wanting to spend $$ on stuff you just "want".  If it's something that I'll really use a lot that's one thing, but if it's something that would just be nice to have I tend to skip it.  With a few exceptions.  Sometimes you find something you just really want that makes you happy and that stuff you should always buy.  If that makes sense.

It's been too hot the last few days to cook much so we've been doing lots of bbqing.  Last night was pork chops and pasta salad.  Dh has been hinting that some baking needs to take place but that's going to have to wait - don't want to heat the house up turning on the oven (which I noticed needs cleaning again).  I've got a whole bunch of recipes I want to try - I collect recipes like you collect dolls!

Okay - I had a really cute kitty to share but I can't get it to do what it's supposed to so I'll have to play with it later.  Just imagine something cute.  'K?

Message 1600 of 3,155
latest reply

Sometimes you find something you just really want that makes you happy and that stuff you should always buy.  If that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense!  In fact, I agree.  Even though what I said sounds like I wouldn't, but now that you put it that way.........the happiness factor is definitely involved when I buy a doll or doll stuff and really, who NEEDs that stuff?

Hot week-end, but Friday I did go out in the middle of the day to do some yard stuff and for some reason the heat didn't bother me.  Stayed out there for over an hour trimming Ivy, pulling weeds, and cutting some spent flowers down. It was just as hot Saturday and couldn't stand to be out for very long.  So, explain that one.

Congrats on the 1600 snipe!  I missed it completely.

OK, I'm imagining something cute.  Maybe don't need to, just look to my side and there's Rootie & Myah behaving like little angels.

Message 1601 of 3,155
latest reply

You got it!

Funny how that works, maybe the humidity was down?  We don't get that humid hot very often but it always saps my energy. 

I have a ton of yardwork to do and it's not getting done yet.  Guess it's not going anywhere.  I spent the weekend doing a bunch of nothing because.... reasons.

Isn't it great when they are all behaving and acting nice to each other?  The Queen and Q were playing this weekend, chasing each other around the house - nice to see them getting along.  The Queen just hissed at Q for the longest time when he was small and once he got big she spent some time just ignoring him.  Strange animals.

The Wonder Dog is losing her hearing.  I can be in the house, put all my stuff away and she's still snoozing in the bedroom and I have to go wake her up to say hi.  Vet says she's just getting old (had to get it checked to make sure it wasn't just plugged ears even though there was no redness, etc.).  She's still a happy pup, just doesn't hear as well as she used to.

We actually had 10 minutes of rain yesterday.  Just enough to make it smell good.  Hot today and tomorrow and then back to rain for a few days.

Let's see if I can post pics yet.  Apparently I can, but it's a lot more work.

17odil.jpg

Message 1602 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie peed in the house again today.   Last time was about 3 weeks ago.  Every now and then she just loses her mind and goes in the house.  Not sure what is up with that.  I am trying to figure out what is going on at the time.  She had just been out an hour prior, so it's not like she HAS to go.  This time, it was right after her bath and I am thinking that was the case last time.  She gets all happy and runs around aftterwards; playful and what not.  I think she gets so happy, she just says to herself; "I'm so happy, I think I'll just go pee in the bedroom".  Otherwise, she is good as gold.  I get disappointed when she does it though.  There can never be the complete trust that she won't do it in the house.

In a few days, we may be experiencing some cooler mornings.  That will be cool.  hate getting up and doing PT outside when it is already 78* and humid as all get out.  I think I am really going to like my sweaters and hoodies this fall/winter. 

I want to make a kitchen sink for Barbie.  Or one of those deep sinks for handwashables.  I think I found something this week-end that will work for the sink part.  Just have to get around to making the cabinet.  When I make stuff like that, it really helps me to relax and focus.

Message 1603 of 3,155
latest reply

Maybe when she gets excited and happy she just loses control a bit?  Assuming no UTI or anything, that would be my guess.  The Wonder Dog peed just inside the door when we first brought her home and hasn't done it since (except once when she was still heavily drugged after the vet had to knock her out for a procedure, but I don't really count that).  It was like she declared "mine!" and it has lasted for 13 years.

Got way too much work to do before next week.  Going to try to actually take the 3 day weekend and then I only have to work Tuesday and done until the following Monday.  We'll see if that works.  I'm guessing I'll go in on Monday just to get super caught up.

I would think maybe one of those shallow yogurt containers would work for a Barbie sink?  Or use one of the divided ones so there's a prep sink too? 

I'm with you on doing morning exercise when it's hot - much prefer it a little cooler.  We've been lucky this summer, most mornings have still been cool - just a couple of days it was still hot.

Getting set up to get new flooring in the living room and kitchen area.  I think we're going with the hard wood type stuff - it would look nice in here and easier to keep clean.  Pet hair seems to cling to this carpet for dear life.  We knocked out the wall between the living room and the dining area/kitchen so it's all kind of one big room so having the same flooring on both would look good, I think.

Work, work, work, work.....  And when I get back....

Friday-Funnies-work-4-8.1.14.jpg

Message 1604 of 3,155
latest reply

Would love to get the wood flooring.  It looks so nice.  But, we decided it would be torturous on our feet, so I guess keep the carpeting.  But, pet hair does like to stick to some carpeting.   Have a throw rug at the front door and everything sticks to it.  Have to brush it.  Guess it's good at the front door.....everything sticks to the rug and doesn't track in.   I bet with the wall out and one big room with wood flooring, it will look like a brand new pad!  Yay for you!

So you have just this week to get work done and then next is the main event?  (you know what i'm talkin' about).  

I like your gif.  Good one!

We will never know what Rootie all went through before we adopted her from animal control.  I think she just gets happy and lazy and goes to pee.  It's not dribbling, it is a full squat pee.  But, I have read several places that beagles are hard to house break.  With what we have seen in her behavior and kind of figure out what the people may have been like, no doubt, she wasn't inside all that much and when she was, she just went in the house.

Well, I'm calling it a night.

Message 1605 of 3,155
latest reply