cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

1a872e5d84e98d5732a6478bc315dc46.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1546 of 3,155
latest reply

Awwww, what a cute little beagle puppy!!!

I've been too busy with dolls stuff.

And I guess I haven't posted about Chip have I?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1547 of 3,155
latest reply

At least you are busy with fun stuff!

What happened to Chip????

Been slammed, slammed, slammed.  Just too much "stuff" all at once.  I need another vacation!  Or at least a chance to sleep in.

38dc8b77fc74bc1ed987f971a57b5d27.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1548 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, I think it was last Friday...looked out the window and saw Chip running...then another and then another....all sorts of bizarre chasing about and then I saw what was really going on.  So, I imagine in 28-35 days Chip is going to be a momma.  OH NO!!  They can have anywhere from 4 to as many as 13.  Usually 4-8.   I was hoping the other 2 chipmunks would just leave afterwards and I thought they had until today....they were back again.  DH is not thrilled about this now and really in truly, I'm not either.  I know for sure which one is the male as he is a little different color than Chip.  The other one looks just like Chip.  I may set the hav a hart trap and see who I get.  Start getting them outta here.

Had a nice rain yeseterday.  Really needed it because this heat has baked everything bone dry.  So, yay!  Don't have to drag the hose!

It does sound like you have a plateful with all things I know about.   Do you believe in prayer?  I get in trouble when I think it's just me that handles all things.  At least take the time for a quiet moment or two.  Dig out your lawn chair and lay back in it for 10 minutes.  Don't say a word.  Look up to the sky.  Watch the clouds, or birds or whatever.  Zone out.  Listen to the breeze, feel the breeze.  You will know when you have had enough.

Message 1549 of 3,155
latest reply

I bet you don't want to hear about the mess I found in my fridge?

Message 1550 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh my - Chip is going to make you a grandchip!  (hey, not bad for 5 a.m.)  I'm with you though, I'd want those out of my yard too.  I think we have finally discouraged the raccoons which makes me happy.  I really didn't want the pup messing with them.  Now, if I could just ban the bunnies...  Problem is they are doing lots of construction around here and putting in lots of new homes and the wildlife has to go somewhere.  My sister looked out her window the other day as a bear was crossing her backyard.  She's only a few miles from me.

Hooray for the rain!  We had some on Friday which was nice and now it's staying around 80.  I'll take it.  Two of my rose bushes are refusing to produce this year, I think they may be done for.  We'll see.

Amazing how much better and calmer I feel after a good nights sleep.  And mostly I pray for a good nights sleep (I kid, I kid!).  You are right - taking time for prayer, reflection and just quieting your mind is really important.

Q has started obsessively licking his forepaws.  To the point he has a couple of semi-bald patches.  No rash or bites or irritation, just missing fur.  I'm thinking anxiety - he's always been a little edgy.  Not sure where it comes from or if it's just his personality.

And what happened to your fridge?   Do we need to make a foray just to chuck rotten vegetables?

fd04eb591ebcc9f895432ae5c8c0e63e.jpg

Message 1551 of 3,155
latest reply

We have water leaking from somewhere inside the fridge.   Will have little puddle under the fruit and veg bins.  Anyway, I keep a box of baking soda on top shelf towards the back.  I put this last box in a baggie to help keep the box dry since it gets shoved all the way to the back.  Low and behold, the bag was able to catch all this water and had filled to the top overflowing baking soda water all over the top shelf of fridge.  Now had I wanted the bag to catch all the water it would never have worked.

Too hot and humid early in the mornings.  80* at 6am and I still go out for my walk/run.  Came back to house and the sweat was pouring off; felt dizzy.  Haven't felt that great all day.  Exhausted, head-ache, and having PACs.  Think I'll skip it in the morning.

Message 1552 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that doesn't sound like fun.  Hopefully it's something simple that you can find and fix easily.  Good job on the baking soda though!

Doesn't sound like exercising in the heat agreed with you at all.  Be careful, I worry about you.  I've been trying to get my exercise in early in the day, at least it's under 80 until about 10 a.m. here.

Doctor appointment this morning.  I purposely scheduled it at 8 a.m. thinking they couldn't be running too far behind at 8 a.m.  Right?

Trying to think of something cool to do for dh upcoming birthday.  It's a big one so I wanted to do something nice for him.  Maybe a weekend trip somewhere fun.

I need more coffee.  Lots more coffee.

1450718663896.jpg

Message 1553 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, my brain still thinks it is young and can do a lot of things.  Found out the body can't keep up; sometimes.  Not only that, I'm on two blood pressure meds; one a beta blocker, the other a calcium channel blocker.  They both slow the heart.  Crazy.  So, I stayed in bed this morning.  Glad it was raining cats and chipmunks because then I didn't feel as guilty.  DH also seemed pretty understanding, so that made me feel better.  Just took it easy today.  No PT tomorrow either, have errands and grocery shopping.  Tis only supposed to be in low 90's tomorrow.  'Course they said today's high was only supposed to be 80*, a much awaited break in the heat...........I think it was 88* here.  We have had 40 some days in a row of 90+ with the humidity.  Some days heat index 105*.  So, ready for fall to come.  I read something yesterday that said temps will probably be above normal for another 3 months!!

So, was your appointment on time?  My last one was an hour over.

A weekend trip sounds like a fun thing for you to do with your DH.  Is he looking forward to this 'big' BD? 

I can remember a time when I may as well have mainlined the stuff. (coffee)

Message 1554 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, I'm the same way.  My brain forgets I'm getting older and should probably not do all the stuff I did in years past.  I mean, was climbing the tree with the clippers last weekend really a good idea?  Trust me, I paid for it.  Smiley Sad

The heat sounds horrible, glad you got some rain.  We're up to 90 again today and then it's going back to the 70s (so they say).  And the a/c in my office is on the fritz and we're on the water and our windows face west.  Guess who is bugging out early today?  Everyone.

Doctor was only running 30 minutes late.  Did a quick chat about my issue and then spent 30 minutes discussing assorted fun subjects.  I love this doc - very confident in his abilities and very personable.  Good combo.

Did it really rain chipmunks?  That's one way to get rid of them.

I finally can say - CYE

I'm planning a down and resting weekend.  Might even happen.

And why did I think of you when I saw this?  Smiley Wink

zombies.jpg

Message 1555 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like you have a good doc.  I like that kind.  Had one like that.  Noticed I said 'HAD'.

Mosquito just flew by the screen.

It's Saturday night and I'm in here posting on a slow site.....thought I was back to dial-up there for a sec.......er I mean for 5 mins watching the circle whirl.

The cat just got through spewing cat chow chunks in 3 different places.  I know if I turn the lights out and go barefoot, I will find them immediately.

Just got an email from my cousin who just gave my email addresses PLUS DH's to someone I don't even know.  Gee, couldn't ask first?   (more about that some other time and place).  Wait 'til DH gets an email from this person..Smiley Mad   can't say that I will blame him.

Where's The Farmhouse?

I swear I'm not going to NE this year.

I had to find the cat spew before Rootie did......as soon as she heard what was going on she got up to check.......

Neighbor mowed his 12 inch weedlot meadow lawn today.....rode the mower so the seeds would discharge on OUR LAWN and FENCE.

I think I will have a chocolate snack and head to bed.

Ya think.

Message 1556 of 3,155
latest reply

Too late to edit......

CYE

Message 1557 of 3,155
latest reply

I try to pick doctors that I think I might need to see long term that are younger than I am.  Less chance they will retire!

I've noticed the site seems to be slow lately.  Thought it was just me.  We only have about a dozen devices using our wi-fi, but no, it can't be that!

You lost me on the Farmhouse, is it close to the castle?

What an exciting Saturday night for you Shirls!  Get to clean up cat hurl and watch mosquitos.  How do you stand the excitement???? Cat Wink

I actually had a quiet weekend, how'd that happen?  I took things easy, didn't over do, spent some time reading... just lots of nice stuff.  Of course there's plenty of things I should have been doing....

And  now I get to watch the ballgame and eat bbq pork.  See, I'm having exciting times too!

Did you get your exercise in?

And CYE

5cd45b7074a494feaca6109c95a48e1a.jpg

Message 1558 of 3,155
latest reply

Saw you on the FP, so thought I would swing by here real quick before I shuffle off to bed.  Glad to see you over there.  RB has been the lone poster for quite some time now.  Going to try to stop in every so often.

I'll explain the Where's The Farmhouse later so if I use it again, you will know heh heh.  

BBQ pork sounds so ymmy.  Love pulled pork sammies!

Oh yes, got my exercise in and did OK.  Cut the run down some though and walked a little longer.  Felt good. 

OK, if I want to get up early to beat the heat, I need to make like a baby and head out........to bed. 

'g night Rootie.

Message 1559 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for getting exercise in!  That's one thing I didn't get much of in.  Did the stretches, etc. but figured a couple of rest days wouldn't hurt.

Have to be to work early so I can get a ton of work done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow.  Good thing I can work from home, isn't it?

We're only supposed to get up to the mid-70s today - just like yesterday.  This is my kind of weather!

I did what any good friend would do so you wouldn't be mad at me.  Smiley Wink

Guess I'd better get my behind in gear.  Would rather sit here and drink coffee and make really bad jokes.

animals-think-they-are-so-funny-18.jpg

Message 1560 of 3,155
latest reply